Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The question that matters

JackMack10JackMack10 Registered Users Posts: 117
I skipped Three Kingdoms, but since this is made with the "Warhammer" engine... will the performance suck ?
Tagged:

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,879
    My WH games are nicely optimised, not the best computer but still works on extreme settings. Considering the size of your average Saga game I'm pretty sure it'll work fine.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,116
    The Warhammer games are well optimized so I don't see why the performance would be bad. 3K is even better optimized though.
  • TsiarTsiar Registered Users Posts: 376
    edited September 2019
    Krunch said:

The Warhammer games are well optimized so I don't see why the performance would be bad. 3K is even better optimized though.

Warhammer 2, well optimized? lol
    It also doesn't look very good even on high/ultra, especially with regards to lighting and effects in general.

This is apparently supposed to be fire.

• JackMack10JackMack10 Registered Users Posts: 117
    yeah... they don't seem well optimized at all... I'm using a GTX1080/i7-4790k at 1440P and the first Warhammer was way smoother + the SSAO in WH2 looks bugged to me; it creates this "shadow aura" around some objects and just looks weird. Anyways, Thrones of Britannia was pretty good (performance wise) so I'm hoping it will be more like thrones and less like warhammer...

*what kind of settings are you dudes using that makes it feel so well optimized ?
    and what kind of frames are you getting with big armies when fully zoomed in ?
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,879
    Tsiar said:

Krunch said:

Warhammer 2, well optimized? lol
    It also doesn't look very good even on high/ultra, especially with regards to lighting and effects in general.

This is apparently supposed to be fire.

That's a no.. there are more obvious fire effects in Warhammer 2, however, it's pretty obvious that the Flamspyre Pheonix does not use standard fireballs for its bombardment ability.
  • Paddy234Paddy234 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 407
    edited September 2019
    Three kingdoms Is the most optimized total war game I have played. 10,000 soldiers on the battlefield and smooth as butter . In terms of optimization, three kingdoms is the Gold standard
  • JackMack10JackMack10 Registered Users Posts: 117
    Paddy234 said:

Three kingdoms Is the most optimized total war game I have played. 10,000 soldiers on the battlefield and smooth as butter . In terms of optimization, three kingdoms is the Gold standard

have you tried ToB, is it smoother than that ?