Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

uses for Razordons and great moments with them

PdcGunnerPdcGunner Registered Users Posts: 385
In a recent campaign battle against Darkelves, I used the Amaxon Barbs against the blackguard of Naggarond and they melted them in seconds when they got a good angle.

I'm prepping for a quest battle against Chaos and I am definitely taking them, but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten good use out of them?

I think they are great against high armor Halberd units you don't want the send your monsters at.

Comments

• RiskafishRiskafish Registered Users Posts: 635
    They are an incredibly niche unit but I am glad they are part of roster for the reason you said. In my Battle for Itza, they demolished a unit of swordsman before ripping into some greatswords. In multiplayer, they are only really good against Chaos though as everyone else can melt them with missiles due to their squishy nature.
  • bigbad00bigbad00 Registered Users Posts: 9
    I cant get them to work for me. Seems like they dont have role that isn't better filled by other units.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,119
    I love them very good as an ability from nakai devotion mechanicthat spawns them anywhere on the map

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 3,663
    Out on a flank they zero out infantry like no ones business.
  • PdcGunnerPdcGunner Registered Users Posts: 385
    bigbad00 said:

I cant get them to work for me. Seems like they dont have role that isn't better filled by other units.

Yeah during my Nakai campaign, I only found a use for Razordons only when summoning them as a had plenty of Kroxigors, but for my Mazdamundi campaign, the Amaxon Barbs got 16 kills on blackguard in a single volley and 60 kills overall.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,571
    So they’re good for taking down high value armored targets?

I hate how fragile they are. Same thing with Salamanders.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,577
    But.... Salamanders do the exact same thing. That's the problem.
  • PdcGunnerPdcGunner Registered Users Posts: 385
    Salamanders are Anti-Large misslies. They are more meant to take down monsters and cav.
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 669
    PdcGunner said:

Salamanders are Anti-Large misslies. They are more meant to take down monsters and cav.

Eh, they also have explosive damage. They do just fine vs lightly armoured infantry; significantly better than razordons actually, while razordons actually do more damage than Salamanders to heavily armoured monsters and cavalry because of the AP damage.

The problem for razordons is more that they can't arc their projectiles as much as salamanders, and their effective range is much shorter.
    Salamanders are also AP, no?
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited October 2019
    -
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,453
    they need to have the reverse damage of Salamanders.

They basically should be anti armored infantry.
    Still don't get it... salamanders are AP attacks too.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 939
    Itharus said:

Still don't get it... salamanders are AP attacks too.

Ancient salamanders are AP, salamander hunting packs are not.