Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredTeleporting units trough gates in Siege Maps

PikkutossuPikkutossu Posts: 5Registered Users
edited October 10 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
V 1.2.3 Build 10837.1733304

I noticed this bug in my multiplayer game, that there is a bug where you can easily capture a gate by teleporting units trough any gate, thus capturing the gate and allowing your units to go trough.

This is done by attacking the gate with multiple cavalry units. Then you have to wait for them to damage the gate and "pile in". After that if you command you units to dismount. Part of the dismounted units will teleport to the other side of the gate (I'm guessing it's because they don't have space to go anywhere else) and so they will start capturing the gate.

This issue is really easy to replicate on any city siege map.

1. Have 5-6 Cavalry units.
2. Order the units to attack the gate
3. Wait for the units to start damaging the gate and "pile in".
4. Order your units to dismount.
5. The units should now be teleported to the other side of the gate and the capturing should begin.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• PikkutossuPikkutossu Posts: 5Registered Users
    This issue is present in the latest Beta patch 1.3.0
  • Buzz_buzzBuzz_buzz Posts: 83Registered Users
    edited October 9
    @dge1
    CA, JUST FIX THIS DAMN HELL ROME-2-OLD BUG ALREADY!
    Post edited by Buzz_buzz on
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Buzz_buzz said:

@dge1
    CA, JUST FIX THIS DAMN HELL ROME-2-OLD BUG ALREADY!

Not something I personally can do a thing about. I'm a player, not a member of the Creative Assembly or Sega Support Staff.

Post the information Support needs, based on the link below:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/242424/guide-to-posting-in-campaign-battle#latest
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • PikkutossuPikkutossu Posts: 5Registered Users
    Dear @dge1 Thanks for updating this message, but I've already uploaded the information support needed in my post.

I have now created the replay again in the new patch and uploaded the modified.log.

The build number is V1.3.0 Build 11419.17772825

And the steps for recreating this issue are same as before: This is done by attacking the gate with multiple cavalry units. Then you have to wait for them to damage the gate and "pile in". After that if you command you units to dismount. Part of the dismounted units will teleport to the other side of the gate (I'm guessing it's because they don't have space to go anywhere else) and so they will start capturing the gate.

This issue is really easy to replicate on any city siege map.

1. Have 5-6 Cavalry units.
    2. Order the units to attack the gate
    3. Wait for the units to start damaging the gate and "pile in".
    4. Order your units to dismount.
    5. The units should now be teleported to the other side of the gate and the capturing should begin.