Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueWarhammer 2 empire campaign event but caused by (I think) Gotrek and Felix

Frank6997Frank6997 Posts: 2Registered Users
edited October 8 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
I get a event telling me they have left even though I didn't get them (DLC not out yet) but my next page and save and events are all greyed out and I can't move any of my armies. The Gotrek and Felix event does not show up in my event history so thats why I think its the issue. That and its the only event to show up that turn.
I'm 70 turns in. I don't want to lose this campaign.

The Adviser fix does not work and the event history fix does not work. I think this will need a patch or the DLC to fix.
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• Mac_Mac_MacMac_Mac_Mac Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited October 7
    Hi. Same problem here. Gotrek and Felix appeared. I tried to recruit them. After 20 turns they disband. Events are greyed out. Button to End Turn greyed out, saying you have to dismiss all events. Can't do a thing. Anyone know how to fix this? Campaign at 80+ turns. Don't own the DLC yet.

Edit: 07/10/2019 -

Hey people. Found a way around this in a forum. Quick save(CTRL+S) the first thing when it's your turn after you press END TURN in the turn before the Gotrek/Felix message appears, then you load the quick save. Worked for me.

Example: in turn 80 the Gotrek/Felix message appears. Reload the auto-save from turn 79. Press END TURN. When your turn(80) kicks in before you do anything, QUICKSAVE(CTRL+S). Then load the QUICKSAVE that appears of turn 80. Continue playing.
    Post edited by Mac_Mac_Mac on
  • Buzz_buzzBuzz_buzz Posts: 83Registered Users
    edited October 7
    This is the total shame for CA! Every new DLC breaks the game! This is definetely not how the things must be done! In my strong opinion, they must punish their coders with the salary reduce!
    Also,
    @dge1.
  • deanorthkdeanorthk Posts: 3Registered Users
    I got this problem just yesterday, a few turns ago, I did have the gotrek and felix event, went to the event, a pop up message told me they are now avalaible (but nowhere to be found on my roster screen), and now, turn 90 or so, just after the message telling me they are gone, I'm stuck because the game seems to wait for a character to move, a character that is not there, and never was.
    So the systeme is stuck in a loop, where it won't let me finish my turn because it is waiting for a comment window to be close or something like that...

For now I have to stop my campain (playing the hunter and the beast, very difficule setting) and wait for a fix.
  • HauptmanTHauptmanT Posts: 16Registered Users
    This began over a week ago, still not fixed... dont hold your breath.

You can however bypass it... if you reload the autosave, then before clicking the "ok" button on the event notice, quicksave, when you reload that quicksave the event will not bug you out.

This whole implementation was horribly done. Why do they appear on my map if I dont own? So now I must chose, this particular bug, or having them permanently on my map forcing me to click "leave them be" up to 5 times a turn as my armies move through the area.

Livid I am... that I spent $120 to be so horribly angered by yet another total war piece of...
  • Mac_Mac_MacMac_Mac_Mac Posts: 98Registered Users
    Hey people. Found a way around this in a forum. Quick save(CTRL+S) the first thing when it's your turn after you press END TURN in the turn before the Gotrek/Felix message appears, then you load the quick save. Worked for me.

Example: in turn 80 the Gotrek/Felix message appears. Reload the auto-save from turn 79. Press END TURN. When your turn(80) kicks in before you do anything, QUICKSAVE(CTRL+S). Then load the QUICKSAVE that appears of turn 80. Continue playing.
  • deanorthkdeanorthk Posts: 3Registered Users
    I also simply reloaded my save from 20 turns ago so so, and from then, reworked my way, worked like a charm so far.
    Couldn't simply gave up my current campaign, it's tough in VH mode, so very enjoyable so far:)
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 229Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hey guys,

Just so you know, we are aware of this issue and we're working on a fix to put out as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay.

All the best,

Vix
  • cmdrnarraincmdrnarrain Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    When you going to fix this problem? My campaign is on hold until you do.

When you going to fix this problem? My campaign is on hold until you do.

Hopefully within in the next few days :smile:
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,059Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    edited October 10
    @BillyRuffian - Cheers for passing that on!

If anyone still experiences the issue, please let me know :)

All the best,

Vix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file