Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Better music!

angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,458
edited March 30 in General Discussion
I want new and good music for WH3, as much as it pains me to say this WH2 music is meh, we need good and intense music for the next warhammer game!

Edit: Like the music of 3K
Soon
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    I dunno, some of the Tomb Kings music is pretty good. The Battle of Fallen Gates music is also pretty good, as is Vermintide.

But I agree, I'd like more "hits".
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,363
    Warhammer 1 soundtracks is for the most part rather uninspired to say the least. Chaos being the main offender

Warhammer 1 soundtracks is for the most part rather uninspired to say the least. Chaos being the main offender

There were a few good ones, and one or two really good ones like Danse Macabre.
  • GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 627
    Warhammer 1 ambient campaign tracks are really good. Warhammer 1 battle music is overly repetitive because they have Empire/Dwarfs/Bretonnia/Wood Elves all share the same themes. And it irritates me. It makes me play completely different playlists of music in the background so I can get a flavorful yet epic feeling when fighting.

WH2 music is much improved across the board. Campaign/battle music for HE/DE is great, though I do prefer HE, Skaven is hit and miss (I like their campaign music more than battle), Lizardmen have like 1 really good track, sounds a little bit like the composer didn't know what angle he wanted to hit with them, so I just play Far Cry Primal tunes whenever I play Lizardbros, extremely fitting.

My dream would be for CA to give Dwarfs/Brets/WE their own battle themes, hell campaign themes too (WE already have unique campaign themes).
    GunKing said:

Lizardmen have like 1 really good track, sounds a little bit like the composer didn't know what angle he wanted to hit with them, so I just play Far Cry Primal tunes whenever I play Lizardbros, extremely fitting.

• Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,796
    i really liked the menu music for Warhammer 1.

I expected CA to give us a unique Menu Theme for the Mortal Empires patch, with the Song for Warhammer 1 Menu being the one.

I hope they at least bring that song on the Menu.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,907
    Meh, the first thing I do with strat games is inevitably to mute the ambient music since it gets soul-crushingly repetitive after the first thousand or so hours. Rome 1 had some pretty good tracks back in the day, but even that gets annoying after a while.

Frankly, I find the best sound track for pretty much any strategy game is to download Spotify and find a nice metal playlist. Sets the mood just right, IMO.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,231
    I have to disagree with Game 2 soundtrack. Lizards and Vampirates have pretty boring soundtrack, but elves and tomb kings, mmmm amazing. Especially this track:

This one pumps me up every time i play as dark elves. Probably because it's the most energetic one.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,907
    tyrannus said:

I have to disagree with Game 2 soundtrack. Lizards and Vampirates have pretty boring soundtrack, but elves and tomb kings, mmmm amazing. Especially this track:

This one pumps me up every time i play as dark elves. Probably because it's the most energetic one.

It is pretty good. But if push comes to shove, I'd say this one pumps me up slightly more whenever I play Norsca.

• TheRealIronJazZTheRealIronJazZ Registered Users Posts: 351

I want new and good music for WH3, as much as it pains me to say this WH2 music is meh, we need good and intense music for the next warhammer game!

Edit: Like the music of 3K

Agree.
    Paul Romero and Rob King did a great job with the Heroes of Might and Magic series musically. I wish that they could the same with TwWh.

"Embrace your hunger, your lust, your desire. The universe is ours for the taking."

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,705
    I'd like to see the music get added to spotify, so I can listen whenever I like.
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 788
    edited October 2019
    I really like Warhammer 2 music, though mostly I tend to hear most of the same tracks, there are some cool stuff to find on youtube like:

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,799
    Whatever they make, it will get repetitive after a while so i simply have to open my own music in background.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,123
    I would have liked a bit more folk music, say tavern music and more. They did some things in some total war games that did sound great. In Three Kingdoms, attila, and some older games theres good mix between the two in songs. I think once the orchestral music takes overhand it looses its identity a bit. I would like more chants, folky tunes and melodies in it.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    Wait, there is music?

Seriously guys, just listen to your own tunes.
  • QayinQayin Registered Users Posts: 9
    Well, this one ain't archived yet, so here's my take -

I feel there's been an upgrade to the music on Warhammer 3, although I really love the WH2 soundtrack.

I started writing and sharing some of my own Warhammer Inspired music in the community content page section here -
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/305714/creating-warhammer-inspired-music#latest

Eventually, perhaps this collection of music might culminate in some sort of music mod

Here are some of the tracks:

Nurgle inspired :

Khorne inspired :

Tzeentch inspired :
    Original Warhammer Inspired Music @ Temple of the Unsated Shriek
This discussion has been closed.