Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The worst Legendary Lords are...

Comments

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,598

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Unless Thanquol gets bonuses for breaking pacts, bonuses to Ambushing, and bonuses for being cowardly, then he isn't the most skaveny skaven.

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

ArneSo said:

1. Helman Ghorst (generic old freak)
    2. Fat Opera Lady (just hate her)
    3. Alberic (generic Knight)
    4. Tretch (unimportant nobody)
    5. Morathi (just don’t like her model)

Which LLs do you guys don’t like and for what reason?

Whats wrong with Cylostra and Morathi? Clan Rictus (Tretch) is actually one of the most powerful skaven clans.

Alberic I'll give you, but most of Bretonnia's lords never got lore. Ghorst suffered from Sigmar's Blood being misused by GW.
    Rictus is just a less unimportant Mors with barebones mechanics and a boring LL... CA just put them in the game because they want to move them to the dark lands in game 3
    Well yeah, but CA also messed up that they are the richest Skaven clan in the lore, because of the ridiculous number of Stormvermin they have.
    i don't think they are the richest clan... yes they have loads of Stormvermin, but there are other clans that supply them too.

Meanwhile only Skryre can supply the Skaven warmachines, Only Eshin the gutter Runners, only Moulder the monsters...only Clan Pestilens the... Pestilens...
    Clan Rictus in lore, has an unusual trait where the majority of its Breeders produce Stormvermin. These stormvermin are also rather legandary in battle terms. They sell tons of them out as mercenary companies to the other clans, and make a massive profit for doing so. This is the reason why they have so much money, and are slightly ahead of the other great clans.

Yes, the other Clans supply plenty of things too, but not in the numbers required as Stormvermin.
    Mors is also known to have tons of Stormvermin

Do you want popular Clan with an important skaven LL or much less unimportant Clan with dumb fork weapon LL.

Both Mors and Rictus fit the same niche, like I said, It doesnt matter if they are rich in game or not, none of that matters, them having the most stormvermin doesnt even apply to his in-game mechanics
    Mors have a lot of Stormvermin cause they are an up-and-coming Clan and often buy them from Rictus. Theres a bit of tension between both Great Clans, as Mors is a new upstart covering same ground as Rictus.

CA failed to put the unique aspect of Mors into the game. They are much more 'brotherly' than other Skaven.
    No they dont buy them from Rictus, Mors and Rictus have a rivalry and their council members hate each other a lot.

Mors has 2+ to loyalty and you can get 4+ to loyalty with Queeks skill tree
    Thats to show Queek's hatred of Greyseers, not the brotherly comradery of the Clan Mors skaven...

Besides the only really major-named characters left for Skaven is Throt, Deathmaster (though he does not fit this game at all), Ghoritch and Thanquol.
    Rochaid29 said:

Amonkhet said:

ArneSo said:

@SubjectEighteen

Regarding to the fat opera lady, I just really hate her model, her voice and her existence. It’s not the fact that she was created by CA, but I just really really don’t like her.

Compared to Noctilus (best game model)
    and Luthor (just an amazing character) she seems absolutely useless.

Her lore is extremely well crafted for being so new.
    That actually made me laugh.
    Whats wrong about it? We got the parts of her lore we needed. She was an Opera Singer in Bretonnian, was extremely vain, sailed in a storm, and died cause of her vain courage. Stromfels liked this, and picked her to be a prophet of his. She has a grudge against Ulthwan for not being able to sing to the King.

What more needs to be said?
    dude, there's no point arguing with some of the manchildren on this forum about cylostra. They argue that they dislike her for the lore, which is moot considering the single story about her by a former GW employee gave her more lore than a vast majority of 'named' characters. They just don't like her because they have some issue with her not being their idealized(and unattainable to them) vision of a female
    She is just a bad character she trying to be badass and funny at the same time and failing both.Also her lore is nonsensical
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,079
    edited October 2019
    @Ephraim_Dalton @Amonkhet And btw, there WAS an ending to dreadfleet in novella based on the game, where good guys won by exploding the Galleon Graveyard. And i'm pretty sure that definately not all captains from Sartosa went there, not even 50%,. Also what's wrong with good guys lineup?They had ironclad zeppelin carrier for Sigmar's sake.

Believe in humanity!
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Registered Users Posts: 212

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Unless Thanquol gets bonuses for breaking pacts, bonuses to Ambushing, and bonuses for being cowardly, then he isn't the most skaveny skaven.

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

ArneSo said:

Whats wrong with Cylostra and Morathi? Clan Rictus (Tretch) is actually one of the most powerful skaven clans.

Alberic I'll give you, but most of Bretonnia's lords never got lore. Ghorst suffered from Sigmar's Blood being misused by GW.
    Rictus is just a less unimportant Mors with barebones mechanics and a boring LL... CA just put them in the game because they want to move them to the dark lands in game 3
    Well yeah, but CA also messed up that they are the richest Skaven clan in the lore, because of the ridiculous number of Stormvermin they have.
    i don't think they are the richest clan... yes they have loads of Stormvermin, but there are other clans that supply them too.

Meanwhile only Skryre can supply the Skaven warmachines, Only Eshin the gutter Runners, only Moulder the monsters...only Clan Pestilens the... Pestilens...
    Clan Rictus in lore, has an unusual trait where the majority of its Breeders produce Stormvermin. These stormvermin are also rather legandary in battle terms. They sell tons of them out as mercenary companies to the other clans, and make a massive profit for doing so. This is the reason why they have so much money, and are slightly ahead of the other great clans.

Yes, the other Clans supply plenty of things too, but not in the numbers required as Stormvermin.

Do you want popular Clan with an important skaven LL or much less unimportant Clan with dumb fork weapon LL.

Both Mors and Rictus fit the same niche, like I said, It doesnt matter if they are rich in game or not, none of that matters, them having the most stormvermin doesnt even apply to his in-game mechanics
    Mors have a lot of Stormvermin cause they are an up-and-coming Clan and often buy them from Rictus. Theres a bit of tension between both Great Clans, as Mors is a new upstart covering same ground as Rictus.

CA failed to put the unique aspect of Mors into the game. They are much more 'brotherly' than other Skaven.
    No they dont buy them from Rictus, Mors and Rictus have a rivalry and their council members hate each other a lot.

Thats to show Queek's hatred of Greyseers, not the brotherly comradery of the Clan Mors skaven...

Besides the only really major-named characters left for Skaven is Throt, Deathmaster (though he does not fit this game at all), Ghoritch and Thanquol.
    Rochaid29 said:

Amonkhet said:

ArneSo said:

@SubjectEighteen

Regarding to the fat opera lady, I just really hate her model, her voice and her existence. It’s not the fact that she was created by CA, but I just really really don’t like her.

Whats wrong about it? We got the parts of her lore we needed. She was an Opera Singer in Bretonnian, was extremely vain, sailed in a storm, and died cause of her vain courage. Stromfels liked this, and picked her to be a prophet of his. She has a grudge against Ulthwan for not being able to sing to the King.

dude, there's no point arguing with some of the manchildren on this forum about cylostra. They argue that they dislike her for the lore, which is moot considering the single story about her by a former GW employee gave her more lore than a vast majority of 'named' characters. They just don't like her because they have some issue with her not being their idealized(and unattainable to them) vision of a female
    She is just a bad character she trying to be badass and funny at the same time and failing both.Also her lore is nonsensical
    ...because the rest of the disorganized, often contradictory and poorly written lore has soooo much more substance. The personalities of the LL's varies wildly and Cylostra's personality doesn't stick out as abrasive when we have Luthor, every Skaven character, edgelord Alith Anar, a dwarf being carried around on a throne by other dwarfs,Settra the everything, or sexy Sigvald.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,289
    tyrannus said:

@Ephraim_Dalton @Amonkhet And btw, there WAS an ending to dreadfleet in novella based on the game, where good guys won by exploding the Galleon Graveyard. And i'm pretty sure that definately not all captains from Sartosa went there, not even 50%. Also what's wrong with good guys lineup?They had ironclad zeppelin carrier for Sigmar's sake.

In Warhammer 2s setting they lost, doesn't really matter to total wars story. Like it or not the vamps got the upper hand.

Besides, it was not changed to make sartosa a vamp island, more really to make Count Noctilus playable sense he would be double dead following the true story and we would be playing as that araby wizard fellow.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,039
    tyrannus said:

@Ephraim_Dalton @Amonkhet And btw, there WAS an ending to dreadfleet in novella based on the game, where good guys won by exploding the Galleon Graveyard. And i'm pretty sure that definately not all captains from Sartosa went there, not even 50%. Also what's wrong with good guys lineup?They had ironclad zeppelin carrier for Sigmar's sake.

The bad guys had a steel Kraken submarine. Showing that Dawi Zharr > Regular Dawi.

tyrannus said:

The bad guys had a steel Kraken submarine. Showing that Dawi Zharr > Regular Dawi.
    Aircraft>submarines.

Believe in humanity!
    edited October 2019
    Rikis said:

tyrannus said:

In Warhammer 2s setting they lost, doesn't really matter to total wars story. Like it or not the vamps got the upper hand.

Besides, it was not changed to make sartosa a vamp island, more really to make Count Noctilus playable sense he would be double dead following the true story and we would be playing as that araby wizard fellow.
    Still doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and reeks of fanboyism. Not to mention the fact that Sartosa has very close and uneasy relationship with Tilea, and if it was threatened to become a den of vampire filth tileans would move in to help. And one sea weed smelling jackass is nothing compared to the combined might of free cities.

Believe in humanity!
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,501
    ArneSo said:

I think Aranessas problem is that she isn’t supposed to lead zombie and vampire armies. She isn’t able to use magic so she shouldn’t be able to raise undead armies.

Sartosa is also not a place of undead Zombies and creatures. It is a human settlement famous for being home of many pirates.

So making her the leader of Sartosa with an undead roster is questionable.

Vampires would never follow a mutated human pirate.

Wulfhart and Gelt still leading normal empire factions using standard empire units. Nothing wrong about that.

Aranessa in the dreadfleet story was very loosely connected to Jaego's fleet. She could have easily flipped flopped. All she cares about is doing what her father (Manaan, aka Stromfels) wants, and from the start of the story of her campain, shes tasked to capture the entire sea by her father, and her god-father has sent a Vampire servant, to raise the dead for her as well as drifting bodies to her to use. She isn't reanimating them herself.

GW and CA have said that the character is not loyal to anyone but the sea, shes a Chaotic Evil character and would have no qualms using the dead as a tool to control the sea.
    edited October 2019
    tyrannus said:

Rikis said:

tyrannus said:

Still doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and reeks of fanboyism. Not to mention the fact that Sartosa has very close and uneasy relationship with Tilea, and if it was threatened to become a den of vampire filth tileans would move in to help. And one sea weed smelling jackass is nothing compared to the combined might of free cities.
    Jaego died in a suicide move to blow the Galleon's Graveyard up which did kill Noctilus, but he is a Vampire, and they often come back. Jaego's just human.

The only confirmed survivor at the end who was mortal, is the Grand Magus, and hes confirmed to be dead in the Vampire Coast intro.

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

ArneSo said:

Rochaid29 said:

Amonkhet said:

ArneSo said:

@SubjectEighteen

No, Incels and the like are just mad as hell that she isn't skinny and outrageously beautiful like how Morathi, etc is supposed to be, without an inch of muscle, yet somehow able to fight...
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 379
    ''Misogynistic''-Enough of this crackpot abuse and overuse of the word.I had enough of its use (and abuse)by game jurnoes for last 4 years for clickbait articles to describe any male gamer issue with the any and all implementation of female characters in games valid or invalid.

Stop using a word u don t know how to use properly ,to try to put your arguments on a bloody disingenuous high ground.
    Use the definition defined by the dictionary for right context defined by the dictionary.The ACTUAL dictionary aka not the modern one,not Wikipedia, the huge 5 inch cover moldy book that no one uses today.Rant over.

And as for aranessa saltspite in game design.That happens wen some one confuses on how to make a woman look like a tough warrior and instead makes a feminesque malnourished boy ,not even tomboys look that bad and I dated 2 . The general appearance of historical warrior women is not of top models but it shure ain t saltspite levels.Wen I was young I worked for a all woman gym that belonged to one of my aunts.I saw all kind muscled ladies,from well toned to athletic to bodybuilder ,and exept for the bodybuilders nobody had a man face,they were not feminine soft but you could clearly see they were women.People who criticise her design did not expect her to be a big meloned hour glass lady.

Wat I find it amusing that you Amonkhet and the bozo a few pages back would describe the criticism of Saltspites overdesigned male face as a bad attempt to make her look tough misogynistic.Wile in the same breath say the only reason a female characters design in a game would look mildly feminine is because it was made as some would put it ''fap''material for men.
  • Ranger275Ranger275 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 161

I quite like Cyclostra. She's a bit of ridiculousness in a world full of ridiculous characters. She's received a suspicious amount of hate considering the alternatives were secondary characters in a board game.

I don't particularly dislike any LL's. I prefer not to play the ones with easy starts but that's about it. There's a few I'm meh on but none I actively dislike. There's 50 odd characters, I don't see the point focusing on ones I dislike.

She's hilarious / awesome, and the idea was well executed. Unique.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,039
    tyrannus said:

tyrannus said:

Aircraft>submarines.
    Not in WHFB.

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,394

Just because you disagree with him doesnt mean he is mysogynistic

Tretch is not a hard start, his start is a slog and boring, fight elves for 100 turns

FWIW I don't like them either, but as for Tretch, I've found that it can be fun if you rush the place that lets you build Hellpits at tier 4 and go on a monster rampage.

At least for a while.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 538

''Misogynistic''-Enough of this crackpot abuse and overuse of the word.I had enough of its use (and abuse)by game jurnoes for last 4 years for clickbait articles to describe any male gamer issue with the any and all implementation of female characters in games valid or invalid.

Stop using a word u don t know how to use properly ,to try to put your arguments on a bloody disingenuous high ground.
    Use the definition defined by the dictionary for right context defined by the dictionary.The ACTUAL dictionary aka not the modern one,not Wikipedia, the huge 5 inch cover moldy book that no one uses today.Rant over.

And as for aranessa saltspite in game design.That happens wen some one confuses on how to make a woman look like a tough warrior and instead makes a feminesque malnourished boy ,not even tomboys look that bad and I dated 2 . The general appearance of historical warrior women is not of top models but it shure ain t saltspite levels.Wen I was young I worked for a all woman gym that belonged to one of my aunts.I saw all kind muscled ladies,from well toned to athletic to bodybuilder ,and exept for the bodybuilders nobody had a man face,they were not feminine soft but you could clearly see they were women.People who criticise her design did not expect her to be a big meloned hour glass lady.

Wat I find it amusing that you Amonkhet and the bozo a few pages back would describe the criticism of Saltspites overdesigned male face as a bad attempt to make her look tough misogynistic.Wile in the same breath say the only reason a female characters design in a game would look mildly feminine is because it was made as some would put it ''fap''material for men.

Mate, referring to a character as "Whalefin" or "Manlinessa" makes it pretty clear what your problem with those characters models are.

And I'm not sure what your dictionary says, but being misogynistic is simply being "prejudiced against women". Calling a larger woman a "whale" and using that as your reason for not liking her as a character is being prejudiced against large women. Calling another woman "manly" and using that to justify not liking her is again being prejudiced against women that dont conform to some preset standard.
    ''Unique'' Scorned Fat opera signing ghost,i wouldn t call that unique.Mecahnic wise she is a dream but lore and design,pfff.I mean heck she can t even summon stromfels shark men.

''Unique'' Scorned Fat opera signing ghost,i wouldn t call that unique.Mecahnic wise she is a dream but lore and design,pfff.I mean heck she can t even summon stromfels shark men.

Why would she summon the shark men? He gave her a crew. She has a similar lore to most other undead characters, just condensed. She gets her magic from her Deity.

Why the hate against large women?
    edited October 2019
    No, Incels and the like are just mad as hell that she isn't skinny and outrageously beautiful like how Morathi, etc is supposed to be, without an inch of muscle, yet somehow able to fight...

So you only like her cause she is obese and sticks it to the 'evil' incels?Most people don't care about your political agenda you know
    edited October 2019

So you only like her only cause she is obese and sticks it to the 'evil' incels?Most people don't care about your political agenda you know
    I like her cause the intersection of Siren + Opera + Storms + Crescendos + Undead + Bretonnia is extremely unique and interesting, and shes basically a prophet of stromfels.. She can be whatever size she wants to be, thats perfectly ok, men do not get a say about that.

True, but remember. Times change.
    Amonkhet said:

So you only like her only cause she is obese and sticks it to the 'evil' incels?Most people don't care about your political agenda you know
    I like her cause the intersection of Siren + Opera + Storms + Crescendos + Undead + Bretonnia is extremely unique and interesting, and shes basically a prophet of stromfels.. She can be whatever size she wants to be, thats perfectly ok, men do not get a say about that.
    cringe

Amonkhet said:

True, but remember. Times change.
    I'm pretty sure that she doesn't want to be of any size, because she's a bunch of code and polygons. Though i don't mind her, she's very 4th-5th edition-ish, but i get why people would dislike her.

Believe in humanity!

Amonkhet said:

cringe

Truth hurts.
  • HarkovastHarkovast Registered Users Posts: 2,059
    Alberic 4 Life.
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 538
    If y'all are gonna flag me for telling the truth, then I'll do it right back.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,554
    1. Cylostra Direfin - extremely annoying character. I always try to wipe her off the map first.
    2. Crone Hellebron - haggard model. haggard voice.
    3. Herman Ghorst - a literal nobody.
    4. Tretch Craventail - another literal nobody.
    5. High Queen Khalida - Don't know why but I get bored after 10 turns when doing her campaign. I don't know if it's her or her starting location but either way, not a big fan.
    edited October 2019

If y'all are gonna flag me for telling the truth, then I'll do it right back.

You false flagging but go ahead
    Bonutz619 said:

1. Cylostra Direfin - extremely annoying character. I always try to wipe her off the map first.
    2. Crone Hellebron - haggard model. haggard voice.
    3. Herman Ghorst - a literal nobody.
    4. Tretch Craventail - another literal nobody.
    5. High Queen Khalida - Don't know why but I get bored after 10 turns when doing her campaign. I don't know if it's her or her starting location but either way, not a big fan.

I think the problem with Khalida is that she has to fight against lizardmen in early game. Tomb kings skellies are just a big pile of boney nothing compared to saurus warriors, and in the beginning she herslef is not that impressive in battles.

Believe in humanity!

Mate, referring to a character as "Whalefin" or "Manlinessa" makes it pretty clear what your problem with those characters models are.

And I'm not sure what your dictionary says, but being misogynistic is simply being "prejudiced against women". Calling a larger woman a "whale" and using that as your reason for not liking her as a character is being prejudiced against large women. Calling another woman "manly" and using that to justify not liking her is again being prejudiced against women that dont conform to some preset standard.
    "prejudiced against women"-A functinal analfabet broad and disingenuous definition of the word. Saying she has overdesigned manly face is not misogyny its fact ,saying cylostra is fat is fact not misogyny,saying there design is of putting to some is fact and there right to express themselves,and if you were a person of quality you would either bring counter points ,agree ,or politely disagree ,not abuse a word you have no grasp of using just to build a false narrative that only you have control of because your to much of coward to do other wise.

If you're analfabet definition had any ground to stand on that would mean that mysoginies ugly sister aka misandry would go by this: any woman who considers fat bearded men ugly is prejudice against men, considers a poor man unfit marriage material is prejudice against men,considers a that a weak and thin dose not make for a good boyfriend is prejudice against MEN.And by your ''definition'' that would mean we have a lot of misandrists on this planet ey boyo?

"prejudiced against women"-A functinal analfabet broad and disingenuous definition of the word. Saying she has overdesigned manly face is not misogyny its fact ,saying cylostra is fat is fact not misogyny,saying there design is of putting to some is fact and there right to express themselves,and if you were a person of quality you would either bring counter points ,agree ,or politely disagree ,not abuse a word you have no grasp of using just to build a false narrative that only you have control of because your to much of coward to do other wise.

If you're analfabet definition had any ground to stand on that would mean that mysoginies ugly sister aka misandry would go by this: any woman who considers fat bearded men ugly is prejudice against men, considers a poor man unfit marriage material is prejudice against men,considers a that a weak and thin dose not make for a good boyfriend is prejudice against MEN.And by your ''definition'' that would mean we have a lot of misandrists on this planet ey boyo?
    This **** should be taken to off topic or dm, because if both are gonna continue arguing here, the thread will be closed, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people have a lot to say about what lords they don't like.

Believe in humanity!
    ''Why the hate against large women?'' -Still trying to make up a fals narrative Amonkhet?
    ''She can be whatever size she wants to be, thats perfectly ok, men do not get a say about that.''- And who the F are you to decide that?
    ''Truth hurts''-Especially wen its bald faced lie.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,952
    edited October 2019
    Huh, nice thread. Definitely won't get closed whenever the mods wake up.

I'm personally fine with more or less all characters. I guess the outliers would be, in no particular order:

1. Cylostra - I guess this is what happens when you add a character you made but they don't have anything to characterize them and limited connections to other races(even her own race) AND no lore to work with from RP perspective(relevant to me) so it's hard to get into playing them. Could've been better if she was the connection between Stromfels and other Vampirates as to give the race some semblance of a connection. Also, I think they went a bit too far with her deluded perception of the world around her, I would prefer if she was a bit more serious, not even Harkon is as stupidly mad

2. Ghorst - more or less the same, but I guess he can play onto VC general racial themes. One major problem is that he is part of the downright worst LP that doesn't even offer a separate startpos. So many better options.

3. Sigvald - nice to have a Slaaneshi representative.... in a race where he's the only Slaaneshi thing in the roster.... barring his personal guard.... Monogods can't come soon enough.

4. Nakai/Tretch - I don't know, neither of these two works for me for pretty much the same reason. Don't see a point for their inclusion when I'm looking at what their race already had. Maybe for a thematic game but just little point in my mind.

5. Karl Franz - because my friend cheesed me in a friendly custom game by taking him and Lore of Life wizard. And I just wanted to meme ffs.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

This discussion has been closed.