Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What next for CA after warhammer 3?

SethsKidsSethsKids Posts: 6Registered Users
I bloody love the tww series and would probably prefer that CA keep the licence.

However it's a hard trilogy type deal from my understanding.

So what next for the fantasy team?

I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Mine is a bit obscure but I'd like to see a total war set in the world of Michael moorcocks elric series.

Comments

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 788Registered Users
    Redwall
    Soon
  • ReghisReghis Posts: 311Registered Users
    Age of mythology meets total war. Greek, Egyptian, Nordic gods and beasts etc
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,538Registered Users
    The Elric series isn't that obscure on these forums, it crops up quite often, being such a big "inspiration".

I don't really think it would work as a Total War style game, the Elric series. More a Witcher-like open world game.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,416Registered Users
    Even if it’s unlikely, the best fantasy settings for a total war game would be GoT and the Witcher.

Playing as Nilfgaard would be so epic.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,494Registered Users
    I wouldn’t mind it if CA took the ambitious route and tried to implement a Warhammer 30k or 40k game.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 775Registered Users
  • KrabbzKrabbz FrancePosts: 373Registered Users
    I'm hoping for more collaboration between CA and GW and I would love them to make a TW:WH 40K as another trilogy.

They would need to make a lot of work to adapt TW to the 40K universe but that would be awesome.

A great video from milkandcookies about it :

• Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 902Registered Users
    Warhammer 40k would be my pick.

I could see CA tackling Age of Sigmar as well though.
    edited October 13
    Age of Sigmar is highly unlikely.

Warhammer fantasy is popular becaue it already had several games before. So even people like me who never played TT know it.

But there is nothing about Age of Sigmar outside of TT, so most casual players or fantasy fans never heard of it.
    Post edited by ArneSo on
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,671Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

Warhammer fantasy is popular becaue it already had several games. So even people like me who never ülayed TT know it.

But there is nothing about Age of Sigmar outside the TT, so most casual players or fantasy fans never heard of it.

And many who have heard of it cant stand it.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • SethsKidsSethsKids Posts: 6Registered Users
    Or possibly the world that Joe abercrombie made for the first law series.

• Ungrol_FourHornUngrol_FourHorn Posts: 136Registered Users
    Honestly, if they could pull it off, I think they should make their own fantasy IP. They would no longer be restricted by lore, the lore would serve gameplay, not the other way around. They could make their own campaign map, their own races, and they wouldn't have to deal with other companies to implement what they want.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think GW has been a hinderance on WHTW, but I don't see a problem with CA making their own fantasy world after Warhammer. The biggest problem they would face would be attracting an audience to a new world, and I think most non-historical purist total war players will at least look into it, and CA has created a new market for fantasy Total War games with Warhammer, a market they will most likely want to continue to be a part of after Warhammer.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited October 13
    I figure warhammer 30/40k
    With how much of a letdown dow3 was it'd be nice.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 204Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

Warhammer fantasy is popular becaue it already had several games. So even people like me who never ülayed TT know it.

But there is nothing about Age of Sigmar outside the TT, so most casual players or fantasy fans never heard of it.

So, how better advertise a franchise than through a new, good game?

That's how a lot of people got into 40k, through dawn of war
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,060Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to General Chat with all the other speculation on future games.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    @DarkLordOfDarkness

Well the problem with AoS is that it is... kinda „special“ and extremely weird.
    Even die hard warhammer fans don’t like it, so it isn’t the best setting to attract new costumers.

I read about its lore in the lexicanum but stopped after some minutes becaue it is just trash, sorry but compared to the warhammer world it is just BS.
  • DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 204Registered Users
    @ArneSo yeah it is still underdeveloped and high fantasy theme doesn't suit a lot of people, but it didn't have a lot of time to develop. Imagine what fantasy battle was when it had just 4 years. It was probably whella more cringey and strange
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,093Registered Users
    I'm think it's going to be AoS or WH 40,000.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    They restart and go bigger! TWWH1 remake-boogaloo.

I do think making their own fantasy world would also be good, they do seem to be going that way with the next Saga game, making units based off fantasy monsters. I don't see them going 40k, SEGA already has a game company with that IP and it really doesn't fit TW.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 161Registered Users
    There are no fantasy or historical teams. Each "team's" size grows and decreases, depending on the future plans. After Warhammer is released, attention will be focused on the expansion for 3k. Warring States I guess. After that, nobody knows yet. Could be a purely historical title, like mid/late medieval or a fantasy title, similar to age of mythology.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 829Registered Users
    I hope it's 40k.
  • binmiestabinmiesta Posts: 4Registered Users
    What we need is the an historical title for the years between 1400-1700sh. This is a period with so many conflict over various reasons. Ottoman invasion of Europe (vlad the impaler commander time), The war of the roses and the English civil war, The uncountable wars of religion during the reformation, Cossack uprisings, Formation of the Tsardom of Russia. Italian wars and so on .