Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who Else Just Gives Up Old One Rotating Face Treasure Quest Like Me?

Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,665Registered Users
There are 3 types of quest and as other two are pretty easy, so... I basically just click whatever I want when I do the rotating face quest. How about you? Same?

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,477Registered Users
    I typically don't bother with quests.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,665Registered Users

I typically don't bother with quests.

They sometimes give good stuff... 1% chance maybe
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Early on I try... later on I don't. The Cube and tile ones are easy, the sudoku one varies and the zigzag lines one usually requires a bit of visualisation and is the one I have least success with as it requires way too much concentration for turn 174.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,692Registered Users

There are 3 types of quest and as other two are pretty easy, so... I basically just click whatever I want when I do the rotating face quest. How about you? Same?

Psst. Scroll down past where it shows you how to do the puzzles and thank me later.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
    Sephlock said:

Psst. Scroll down past where it shows you how to do the puzzles and thank me later.
    Not that I do not know how to solve the Dial Quest, but it is relatively too time consuming compared with other two.
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 3,040Registered Users
    Quick solution to the dial.

Mentally orient only the center one. Look at how the lines are laid out. Figure out the dostance between only two, preferably easy to compare, and take a look at which lines match that pattern on the outer rotation. The distance between the two end points on those immediately distinguishable lines gives you two symbols, and it is exceedingly rare that all four answers share those two symbols.
  • Gerra3295Gerra3295 Posts: 39Registered Users
    Quick solution to all of them are on steam guides. Not just the dial but all of them.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,686Registered Users
    I dont find puzzles entertaining so i skip them
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 402Registered Users
    I save scum until I get the right one.
  • GenferretGenferret Posts: 92Registered Users

I just keep this open in the Steam Browser while playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1568246541

The first few play throughs after they introduced the puzzles they were kind of fun and I enjoyed figuring them out. Several campaigns later though and I just use that guide.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,185Registered Users
    When I bother to do them at all, I cheat.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,459Registered Users
    I do all the puzzles but struggle with the rotating face one. Keep forgeting that both the inner and mid section rotate
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • KrabbzKrabbz FrancePosts: 373Registered Users
    The rewards are so pathetic each time I complete one that I don't bother anymore...

Like 1k gold and a **** item that I probably won't use. I'd rather sail to a skull reef and auto resolve against the worst possible and unchallenging army to get 20k.
  • Mech_4Mech_4 Posts: 203Registered Users
    I can't visualise spinning the disks in my mind so I do tend to just guess that one. The others I don't have a problem with and I do prefer having a puzzle to solve over a random success chance.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Posts: 886Registered Users
    I find that one very hard because I have trouble rotating one disc, then 'store' it in my mind while visualizing the other. I think that's why I'm also a poor chess player, I cannot calculate multiple moves well where you have to basically memorize a board position in your head from which you proceed to calculate several variants.

Still, I usually take at least a quick look and make an educated guess which is correct about 70% of the time.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,861Registered Users
    I kind of wish that these ones were interactive and you could rotate the rings of the puzzle a bit to try and help figure things out.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Posts: 625Registered Users
    edited October 15
    Crajoh said:

I do all the puzzles but struggle with the rotating face one. Keep forgeting that both the inner and mid section rotate

I do all the puzzles with the exception of Dial of the Old Ones. It requires considerable visualization (and I understand how it works).

Anyway - easy way to beat it? Save your game before you start the puzzle then pick a solution. If it’s wrong, reload the game and pick the next solution until you get the right one. The rewards are often decent.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • hanesdavhanesdav Posts: 739Registered Users
    I like all puzzles with exception of Dial of The Old Ones. I am not capable of solving it because I can't rotate those discs and my imagination is not good enough.
    zinsncabs said:

Crajoh said:

I do all the puzzles with the exception of Dial of the Old Ones. It requires considerable visualization (and I understand how it works).

Anyway - easy way to beat it? Save your game before you start the puzzle then pick a solution. If it’s wrong, reload the game and pick the next solution until you get the right one. The rewards are often decent.
    I didn't even know that the rewards for that puzzle are decent... have been long long time since last time I got it right :(
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,861Registered Users

zinsncabs said:

Crajoh said:

I didn't even know that the rewards for that puzzle are decent... have been long long time since last time I got it right :(
    Usually the harder the puzzle the better the reward.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 444Registered Users
    I really hope CA changes how these work at some point. Even the game 1 scenarios were better because, even though it was basically random, at least they were a fun little story the first few times. The "puzzles" we have now are mostly just annoying.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,692Registered Users
    Krabbz said:

The rewards are so pathetic each time I complete one that I don't bother anymore...

Like 1k gold and a **** item that I probably won't use. I'd rather sail to a skull reef and auto resolve against the worst possible and unchallenging army to get 20k.

Krabbz said:

They add up over time, and sometimes you get some really nice stuff.

Plus the Dwarfs can melt them down for that sweet, sweet, oathgold.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka

Ol_Nessie said:

Could someone please tell me why these two comments were flagged for abuse?
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,673Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited October 16
    Ol_Nessie said:

Ol_Nessie said:

Because some folks don't think others have the right to play a game they purchased the way they want. Flags removed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • JowenJowen Junior Member Posts: 376Registered Users
    I got no problems with any of the puzzles and get them right most of the time.
    Guess I must be an intellectual mastermind.
    Jowen said:

I got no problems with any of the puzzles and get them right most of the time.
    Guess I must be an intellectual mastermind.

It requires certain skills. I also don't mind the Dial of the Old Ones puzzles even though I often can't be bothered to put in the effort. It's okay if some elements of a game are hard or not for everyone.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,134Registered Users, Moderators
    I like them, though the dial ones take me some time occasionally.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    dge1 said:

Ol_Nessie said:

Ol_Nessie said:

Because some folks don't think others have the right to play a game they purchased the way they want. Flags removed.
    Thanks

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,047Registered Users
    I have 2 issues.

1) Sudoku-like puzzle: there's actually 1 or 2 that are WRONG. These 1 or 2 puzzles (I can't remember) were poorly designed and actually have TWO correct answers (for each). You have to guess which one is correct (or use that steam guide...). That's BS. They didn't design the puzzle correctly. CA -- plz don't sudoku while drunk. Fix your puzzles.

2) The dial. EFF THE DIAL. The rings just need to move. That's all there is to that. It's not even hard... it'd probably be one of the easiest animations and programmings they've done for the game. But they didn't, the lazy bastards. MAKE THE DIALS MANIPULABLE. The dial thing is also especially bad for people who have eyesight issues and/or color-blindnesses your colorblind modes don't fix (before anyone asks, nope, no one could ever made enough modes for the whole spectrum of color issues lol... kudos that they have the ones they have!). So yeah, make the bloody things move so that it's actually engaging and not just lame and makes people squint.
    If the dials could be moved it wouldn't be a puzzle, you could literally just read the solution on the screen. The fact that you have to rotate them in your head is the only challenge.