Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Predictions: Clan Eshin and Clan Moulder is for WH3

2»

Comments

• OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    With all the talk about Eshin... CAN THEY GET THEIR DAM SNARE NETS BACK.

Yes they where broken on release.... But that was because their AP Values where bugged not the nets... the nets just added insult to injury.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,128Registered Users, Moderators
    This has quite a bit of information and ideas.

It would be neat to see Eshin with some of this.

But Moulder seems more likely to me.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

This has quite a bit of information and ideas.

It would be neat to see Eshin with some of this.

But Moulder seems more likely to me.

Agreed... I'd still like to see the Lore of Stealth added though. Mordehim also had a depiction of an Eshin Sorcerer who had the following spell list. Some are already present in other Total War Lores, others I've given a suggested adaptation.

Bless with Filth - Already a Pestilence Spell
    Enshrouding Mist - Friendly Units in Area Gain Missile Defense, Enemy Lose Melee Defense
    Gaze of the Horned Rat - Enemy Minus Melee Attack, maybe Weapon Damage.
    Sorcerer's Curse - Minus Melee Def and Armor
    Warp Lightning - Already a Warlock Engineer Spell
    Warp Mists - Area Damage and Poison
    Wither - Already a Pestilence Spell

I'd love to see an Eshin Sorcerer even if it just has a synergistic mix of Plague/Ruin lores.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,128Registered Users, Moderators
    Yeah, that Sorceror is a cool idea.

I don't think we've ever gotten a Lore of Magic with a Lord Pack DLC, though, so... expectations are to be kept in check. A synergistic mix is most likely if we even get one.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Bless with Filth, Skitter Leap, Wither, Death Frenzy... All are very Eshin

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,610Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

With all the talk about Eshin... CAN THEY GET THEIR DAM SNARE NETS BACK.

Yes they where broken on release.... But that was because their AP Values where bugged not the nets... the nets just added insult to injury.

Wait what? Which units lost snare nets?
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • LamentationsLamentations Posts: 100Registered Users
    In the first game we got lords of magic as FLC alongside lord packs back before we got all the base winds of magic.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,079Registered Users
    Errr, no I can't see this. 2 things are really missing from the Skaven imo: Moulder stuff (not to the extent Skryre was missing stuff at launch but still), and their big daddy, the Verminlord. Moulder would fit perfectly here as they will fill an unused 10-slot, plug the biggest roster gap, and add to a pretty barren corner of the ME map (but by god when this area is fully filled out it could be amazing). Daemons, as much as it pains me to admit, fit better in game 3 so that is likely when we will get Verminlords (perhaps with Thanquol, or maybe Verminking if Than is a promotion LL).

Eshin add very little that is not already in the game, as they have very little left, and are also thematically an odd fit for a TW game as their own force. The character they bring is also not an army leader and fits far beter as a LH than a LL (would be happy to see a FLC Sniktch though don't get me wrong). To me it would be incredibly dissapointing if they miss this opportunity to fill in Moulder for the sake of a faction that doesn't really need anything.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    Clan Eshin is very Notorious in the map of game three but u have some good points.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users

Riskafish said:

Clan Moudler is active in the western edge of the Mountains of Mourne and has dealings with the ogres.

Indeed Riska, Tribe of Shrewd Fulg particularly:

That's all i am saying, they seem more probable on WH3 either as pre order or part of WH3 crossover?
    edited October 17
    Goatforce said:

Errr, no I can't see this. 2 things are really missing from the Skaven imo: Moulder stuff (not to the extent Skryre was missing stuff at launch but still), and their big daddy, the Verminlord. Moulder would fit perfectly here as they will fill an unused 10-slot, plug the biggest roster gap, and add to a pretty barren corner of the ME map (but by god when this area is fully filled out it could be amazing). Daemons, as much as it pains me to admit, fit better in game 3 so that is likely when we will get Verminlords (perhaps with Thanquol, or maybe Verminking if Than is a promotion LL).

Eshin add very little that is not already in the game, as they have very little left, and are also thematically an odd fit for a TW game as their own force. The character they bring is also not an army leader and fits far beter as a LH than a LL (would be happy to see a FLC Sniktch though don't get me wrong). To me it would be incredibly dissapointing if they miss this opportunity to fill in Moulder for the sake of a faction that doesn't really need anything.

Hey, goatforce long time no see,

So personally i would prefer Moulder, but evidence to me and how CA operates is points out to Eshin.

CA is a business and business like to save money, Moulder has more unique units... hence new animations etc. which are expensive, i would like to see Moulder to full glory and i don't think a 9$ DLC would make them glorious.

That why i think Eshin is the most probable, if done right i think they could be cool. but like i said its not something i want it what everything is pointing to.

Also i strongly believe it will be Dark Elves Vs Skaven. due to process of elimination that i did a few weeks back.

here the link
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/251079/i-am-pretty-sure-next-dlc-its-going-to-be-skaven-vs-dark-elves#latest

A whole bunch of people copy pasted it.

Goatforce said:

So personally i would prefer Moulder, but evidence to me and how CA operates is points out to Eshin.

CA is a business and business like to save money, Moulder has more unique units... hence new animations etc. which are expensive, i would like to see Moulder to full glory and i don't think a 9$ DLC would make them glorious.

That why i think Eshin is the most probable, if done right i think they could be cool. but like i said its not something i want it what everything is pointing to.

Also i strongly believe it will be Dark Elves Vs Skaven. due to process of elimination that i did a few weeks back.

here the link
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/251079/i-am-pretty-sure-next-dlc-its-going-to-be-skaven-vs-dark-elves#latest

Ello!

But the issue is there is nothing really there to add, just completely supplemenentary stuff. Also its not as if CA hasn't added custom rigs before in LPs, even G&G had the Mortis Engine which was pretty impressive at the time, we have had Dread Saurian, Doomflayers. I don't buy the "they will want to save money" argument for this, if stuff is hard to make we may just get 3 units, if not then we may get more, but I don't see any reason CA would give us a completely redundant pack (at least on Skaven side) forthat reason.

Also a lot of the more realistic Moulder stuff would not be particularly hard, lets see a few highly likely ones: Giant rats and/or Wolf Rats (quite easy most likely, WRs would basically use dog/wolf rig), Augmented/Armoured Rat Ogres (also very easy), Brood Horror (Harder, and likely the "big thing" on the Skaven side, but probably not ridiculous). There may also be a Great Pox Rat if the Chieften is added. There is a pretty decent list of 4 that would not be hard to do as these things go, and likely the most realistic - if you are hoping for Burrowing Behemoths and such I think you are being unrealistic, and I doubt stuff like Stormfiends will be added this game, they may come in a game 3 pack with Verminlords (though would like to be wrong about that).
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

here the link

Ello!

But the issue is there is nothing really there to add, just completely supplemenentary stuff. Also its not as if CA hasn't added custom rigs before in LPs, even G&G had the Mortis Engine which was pretty impressive at the time, we have had Dread Saurian, Doomflayers. I don't buy the "they will want to save money" argument for this, if stuff is hard to make we may just get 3 units, if not then we may get more, but I don't see any reason CA would give us a completely redundant pack (at least on Skaven side) forthat reason.

Also a lot of the more realistic Moulder stuff would not be particularly hard, lets see a few highly likely ones: Giant rats and/or Wolf Rats (quite easy most likely, WRs would basically use dog/wolf rig), Augmented/Armoured Rat Ogres (also very easy), Brood Horror (Harder, and likely the "big thing" on the Skaven side, but probably not ridiculous). There may also be a Great Pox Rat if the Chieften is added. There is a pretty decent list of 4 that would not be hard to do as these things go, and likely the most realistic - if you are hoping for Burrowing Behemoths and such I think you are being unrealistic, and I doubt stuff like Stormfiends will be added this game, they may come in a game 3 pack with Verminlords (though would like to be wrong about that).
    hard to argue, you make valid points.

What about Moulder location? we know WH3 its a hard sell, having the extra famous Skaven would help sales. i think their location its more close to WH3 would be map hence perfect to battle Kislev (we assume its coming)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,680Registered Users

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

here the link

Ello!

hard to argue, you make valid points.

What about Moulder location? we know WH3 its a hard sell, having the extra famous Skaven would help sales. i think their location its more close to WH3 would be map hence perfect to battle Kislev (we assume its coming)
    The current ME map has very few playable factions in the NE corner of the map, so Moulder in the Hellpit would spice it up. On the Vortex I'd move Moulder either to the northern Southlands or to Naggarond.

The current ME map has very few playable factions in the NE corner of the map, so Moulder in the Hellpit would spice it up. On the Vortex I'd move Moulder either to the northern Southlands or to Naggarond.

What about Eshin? it would be kind of wird not to have the last great clan left, unless they want to place them on the Ogre Kingdoms.

What about Eshin? it would be kind of wird not to have the last great clan left, unless they want to place them on the Ogre Kingdoms.

They would actually fit better in game 3, even if no Cathay in the game (which is likely) I believe that they are heavily Cathay-influenced and perhaps even primarily based there (though not sure on that).

But yeah in ME a Hell Pit start would be very good, as all that is there currently is Wintertooth and the WoC - when we get to game 3's ME and Kislev and Daemons are about I suspect that will change from one of the deadest to one of the most interesting start locations in the game.
    Goatforce said:

They would actually fit better in game 3, even if no Cathay in the game (which is likely) I believe that they are heavily Cathay-influenced and perhaps even primarily based there (though not sure on that).

But yeah in ME a Hell Pit start would be very good, as all that is there currently is Wintertooth and the WoC - when we get to game 3's ME and Kislev and Daemons are about I suspect that will change from one of the deadest to one of the most interesting start locations in the game.

Goatforce my friend, that were we agree to disagree, Cathay is almost impossible they already said no Araby.

But yeah i was thinking the same since they could be located on the east, i however do think Kislev will be on WH3.

Goatforce said:

Goatforce my friend, that were we agree to disagree, Cathay is almost impossible they already said no Araby.

But yeah i was thinking the same since they could be located on the east, i however do think Kislev will be on WH3.

Sorry I did not communicate very well I feel, I meant it was likely that there will be no Cathay in game 3. I don't think it is utterly impossible, but yeah Cathay is a longshot to say the least.
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Sorry I did not communicate very well I feel, I meant it was likely that there will be no Cathay in game 3. I don't think it is utterly impossible, but yeah Cathay is a longshot to say the least.

aah ok i would love it to tell you the thruth but is highly unlikely we agree on that.