Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chaos needs to be more killier

GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 265
That's their strength, but they can't kill for ****. I'd advocate a +2 or +3 to attack melee across the board for all Chaos infantry! And maybe a +5 to all melee strength....

*slams counter* Like dammit they are CHAOS!
*slams counter harder* They are heavy metal vikings!

*slams head on counter and bites his shield* For Khorne!!!!
==========================================================================================

"Burn! Burn with the fires of Change! Scream your hymns to Tzeentch!"
-Tal'gatha the Fallen

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,008
    Because lolchaos!

That whole invasion badly needs a rework.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    edited October 2019
    This thread is awesome :lol:

Don't worry, we'll have that awesomeness with monogods :)
    Just like CA intended with each having their own race.
    As the datamine/base showed long ago which has only had additions to it.

Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 943
    More killier!

WAAAAGH!
  • BronzebeardBronzebeard Registered Users Posts: 335
    The invasion needs to be more epic!
  • ForistaForista Registered Users Posts: 98
    Just on the release of the game, on Warhammer 2 Vanilla, Chaos was be pretty fine and tough. Now with the powercreep, reworks and DLC, his strenght it's on the floor. Even Kislev can face the entire invasion for his own.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,008
    Erathil said:

More killier!

WAAAAGH!

Grimgor needs to crump Archaon again!
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • ardeathwingardeathwing Registered Users Posts: 119
    edited October 2019
    Attack buff won't cut it. Chosen are arguably the best infantry at the moment anyway.
    The invasion just needs a core rework...
  • Lin_HuichiLin_Huichi Registered Users Posts: 451
    edited October 2019
    Forista said:

Just on the release of the game, on Warhammer 2 Vanilla, Chaos was be pretty fine and tough. Now with the powercreep, reworks and DLC, his strenght it's on the floor. Even Kislev can face the entire invasion for his own.

The main reason is size. Game 1 Chaos invasion is basically the same in ME, however there are more settlements that the player or AI own making them stronger.

My Lothern campaign now Dwarfs have 32 settlements and the Empire have 44. 1 and 2 strength rank, me being 5th. There is nothing a vanilla Chaos invasion can do against that. It will die on contact.

I use the 10x Chaos mod so Chaos has ~30 armies, the AI doesn't stand a chance. Empire died all the time, Bretonnia was usually second and Lothern had to deal with attacks from 3 directions. Dwarfs were ok since by the time the invasion got to them it had fizzled out and collapsed against the Dwarf empire.

I'm curious how this patch handles the Chaos invasion. Previously there was one Dark elf campaign were the Empire had 50 settlements and it still fell, though wasnt destroyed.

• cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaRegistered Users Posts: 2,276
    The invasion per se isn't really managing to hold up in Mortal Empires, and that's less an issue with the WoC roster (all said and done, it's a pretty solid roster) and more to do with both issue with how the campaign is pretty bare bones as it stands.

There's little to no integration between the campaign mechanics of the various factions and a lot of stuff that needs to be extended to different factions is presently just available to one faction (the empire provinces and Norsca style confederations being a case in point).

There's also some extremely dated or poorly thought out mechanics (all the different versions of underways, for example) that need to be fleshed out.

And horde gameplay has just begun to get to a semblance of being decent; it still needs a ton of work, but Nakai was a step in the right direction.

So it's really no surprise that the invasion, which was a holdover from WH1, has failed to meet expectations or amount to much of anything.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 926
  • ShaddShadd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 455
    I don't understand why CA have not made Chaos spawn with the doomstack composition they get in the Norsca campaign for the rest of the ME factions.

Kholek with mass Dragon ogres, Sigvald with his mirror guard and forsaken and Archoeon with his Swords of Chaos.

Won't fix all the issues but would definitely help them push through Kislev easier.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 27,209
    Scrap the Chaos invasion completely. It's one of the worst mechanics in the game anyway.

Just have WoC as a regular faction that occasionally revives if it's wiped out, like Beastmen.