Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hunstman campaign upkeep

HewcumberHewcumber Posts: 12Registered Users
Am I dumb or is there a reason all my units cost me WAY more per turn than the barracks they come from state. Am I losing my mind?

Comments

• HewcumberHewcumber Posts: 12Registered Users
    Just to be clear, in the two pictures look at the upkeep a spear infantry costs from the barracks at 75g per turn and then look at a rank 1 spearman in my army at 112g per turn. This number seems to be at a percentage because something like a mortar will cost me almost 400g per turn when it should only be 200ish.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,236Registered Users
    The more armies you have the more they will cost. There should be a "supply line" description somewhere on the top of the screen that will say something along the lines of "army upkeep increased by % amount" when you hover your mouse over it.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,236Registered Users
    It's the little flags on the top right if I remember correctly.
  • HewcumberHewcumber Posts: 12Registered Users
    Ok thanks so much. Ive continued reading around too and I guess campaign difficulty does this too. I read something like; unit costing 100 on normal, 150 on hard and 200 very hard. That probably plays into it, i thought it was just harder public order and smarter ai.

I should never think that a dev will make a game be more complex and difficult with the difficulty setting. all about that artificial difficulty baby!
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,025Registered Users
    edited October 19
    Hewcumber said:

Ok thanks so much. Ive continued reading around too and I guess campaign difficulty does this too. I read something like; unit costing 100 on normal, 150 on hard and 200 very hard. That probably plays into it, i thought it was just harder public order and smarter ai.

I should never think that a dev will make a game be more complex and difficult with the difficulty setting. all about that artificial difficulty baby!

No.

Easy difficult - 10% upkeep on all units.
    Legendary difficult +10% upkeep on all units.

This bonuses/penalty is hidden.

On normal +3% upkeep per suply lines.
    On hard +7% upkeep
    On very hard and legendary +15% upkeep