Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My Steam is downloading 30 GB of files, but I already had the patch

DarkVadekDarkVadek Junior MemberPosts: 29Registered Users
(maybe this should be in the support tab?)

It is curious, I had already downloaded the latest patch i think, and I played the game yesterday evening without any issues. Now it is downloading 30 GB of content, there are no patch notes and it does seem to big to be a hot-fix. Does anybody knows what's going on?
Favoritus deorum dearumque

Comments

• 42konyo42konyo Posts: 774Registered Users
    File corruption possibly?
    I'm launching the game now and no updates on my end, in the past I've had steam crash which corrupted some files and 1 time when launching warhammer 2 my rig crashed, upon relaunch the whole game had to be re-installed so it might be something similar in your case.

Or did you by any chance buy warhammer 1 today/yesterday? sounds like it's about the file size of mortal empires.
  • HabimanaHabimana Posts: 1Registered Users
    I had the same problem a couple of times now. Didn't really bother me but it's interesting to see that I am not the only one who got this problem.

Normally it's just a small update which seems to be stuck at 90% and won't continue to download. Once I restart steam or my PC the update increases to around 30 - 35 gb.
  • DarkVadekDarkVadek Junior Member Posts: 29Registered Users
    42konyo said:

File corruption possibly?
    I'm launching the game now and no updates on my end, in the past I've had steam crash which corrupted some files and 1 time when launching warhammer 2 my rig crashed, upon relaunch the whole game had to be re-installed so it might be something similar in your case.

Or did you by any chance buy warhammer 1 today/yesterday? sounds like it's about the file size of mortal empires.

I guess that it is file corruption, maybe. I've noticed it first when I tried to start the external Total War Mod Manager, to discover that steam was downloading 36 GB again. I let if finish, then it entered a loop of downloading and installing small packages. Tried to rename the folder in my C volume, erasing it from Steam, trying to reinstall, but it again downloading 36 GB. At this point I'd say that it is certainly a bug, although maybe a Steam bug more than a Warhammer one.

I'll continue to try and find a solution
    Favoritus deorum dearumque
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,047Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Did you clear your Steam download cache?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    As said above clear the download cache and if that doesn't work then try the built in steam file integrity check to ensure you have the latest version of the game (it will check your files and compare it to the lastest version).