Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Dark Elves LL's Location problem

2»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,459Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Even Kouran isn't too hard to move. "Malekith says go over here."

And heh, technically, yeah, that works for everyone. Because "Malekith says go over here" is a command nobody in the Dark Elf faction can ignore. Even Mummy Dearest technically doesn't start where she might otherwise start.

And because they're the DE they can logically grab a foothold anywhere. They're elite enough to justify it. "Beastie Boy go near Hellpit to capture monsters" "Generic lead my armies against the pretentious ones". It's not hard for them.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 166Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Isn't Kouran a bodyguard though? Defeats the point of a bodyguard if he leaves the person he is supposed to be protecting.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 511Registered Users
    If Dark Elves will get two more legendary lords. I think one will start in West Ulthuan and second in Southlands(maybe Elven Ruins).
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,132Registered Users

Canuovea said:

Isn't Kouran a bodyguard though? Defeats the point of a bodyguard if he leaves the person he is supposed to be protecting.
    He is both the personal bodyguard of the Witch King as captain of the Black Guard, and Druchii general. When Malekith was absent during his time in the Chaos Realm, it was Kouran who killed the opportunists, and who led the armies of Naggarond until the Witch King was back. He is described as an excelent general in the End Times novels, what is far from what can be said from a random beastlord whose biggest deed was to tame a dark steed and a black dragon.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
    Anyway, I don't know why each single LL has to start in a different faction and start position. I think it would be nice to have Kouran in Naggarond with his master, so you can deploy them. I wouldn't care if he comes as Legendary Hero, though.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."

Anyway, I don't know why each single LL has to start in a different faction and start position. I think it would be nice to have Kouran in Naggarond with his master, so you can deploy them. I wouldn't care if he comes as Legendary Hero, though.

Moat of the DE LL are there already. It's time for the DE to spread their wings and leave the nest (basement) for greener pastures.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 166Registered Users

Canuovea said:

He is both the personal bodyguard of the Witch King as captain of the Black Guard, and Druchii general. When Malekith was absent during his time in the Chaos Realm, it was Kouran who killed the opportunists, and who led the armies of Naggarond until the Witch King was back. He is described as an excelent general in the End Times novels, what is far from what can be said from a random beastlord whose biggest deed was to tame a dark steed and a black dragon.
    Fair enough. I know little about Kouran so I made an assumption. Also IDK why you refuted Rakarth like I mentioned him. You don't know my stance on him. I could be his greatest opposition.

Oh and I don't treat the End Times as anything other than fanfiction, so that doesn't mean much to me.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    U need to do some research. Malus can start in Norsca / Chaos territory.

As for Rakarth he can be a Horde but can start Bottom side or top right side or in Klar karond mid coast side.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 339Registered Users
    Malus can be placed near the Chaos Wastes, in the Chaos Wastes, near Ulthuan, in Bretonnia etc.

Everything is literally possible for Malus due to his lore journey.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,528Registered Users
    We need a DE LL in Ulthuan.

HE have Alith Anar in Naggaroth so DE also need an invading LL in enemy territory. Would also help to prevent HE from steamrolling every time.

Malus would be perfect in Ulthuan. Rakarth should start somewhere where exotic beasts live, Southlands would be
    best. He could also play as a Horde over there, since he doesn’t care about occupying and just wants to catch em all.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 835Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

We need one DE LL starting in Ulthuan. HE are always steamrolling. HE have one LL in Naggaroth so DE need one in Ulthuan.

I Agree, HE is a steamroller, they just confederate and turn into the World power of warhammer.

@Unknown6203 Please stop claiming others copy your ideas. They don't, and even if they did it's not a bad thing. This is a forum, ownership of ideas isn't a thing.

Regardless both should go where it's best. If Generic is an FLC he belongs where it's most interesting. If he's DLC probably on Ulthuan (assuming he's facing an elf) or the same continent as the Skaven in the unlikely event that's a matchup. The same for Rakarth. He should be on the same continent as Throt if they're matched up.

It is a bad thing. because i read and research and write best as i can. yet some lazy forum member takes the ideas waters them down and then present them like he came up whit them? that's low. if i see something i am in awe whit i even post their links, so they read what that person read its about camaderie. were i live we call people like that "Glory stealers".

As for Dark Elves as long as they are not in Naggaroth i am fine. i would to like to see someone on Southlands, like the member above mentioned.
    Abmong said:

Dark Elves are probably the easiest faction to place anywhere.

Rakarth - off to capture some beasties somewhere
    Anethra Helbane - off raiding somewhere with her husband's Black Ark
    Malus - off on his quest
    Tullaris - off to excute someone
    Shadowblade - could be anywhere or nowhere
    Kouran - is the only one most likey to be stuck in Naggaroth.

And if not, filling out Naggarothi cities with their lore lords isn't such a bad thing IMO
    Rakarth - Karond Kar
    Anethra Helbane - Clar Karond (since she lives there and Venhil Chillblade is a nobody)
    Malus - Hag Graef

That leaves Tullaris or Kouran who can be shipped off somewhere, One of them will probably end up a LH rather than a LL anyway. Shadowblade is a Mechanics LH would make no sense if CA made him a LL.

But friend correct me if i am not mistaken but Rakarth and Malus are LL minis no? the rest Tullaris, Shadowblade and Kouran are Heroes. and Anethra its mention on Lore bur doesn't have a mini.

But friend, Karond gar, Hag Graef are all in Naggaroth. i like the Dark Elves but one thing i look when i choose a lord in TW is starting location there where 50% of the fun is at. i never play whit any of the one in north especially Malekith and Hellebron their order of conquest it's the following Dark Elves Civil War for like 80-100 turns, then the invasion Ulthuan after that is cakewalk.

Canuovea said:

Fair enough. I know little about Kouran so I made an assumption. Also IDK why you refuted Rakarth like I mentioned him. You don't know my stance on him. I could be his greatest opposition.

Oh and I don't treat the End Times as anything other than fanfiction, so that doesn't mean much to me.
    I wasn't answering you in that matter, but many others who claim Rakarth is a better option than Malus. Those aren't even DE fans, and some of them have even said before they despise DE. The truth is Rakarth isn't a good option. He shouldn't be in debate against Malus. ****, he shouldn't even be in debate against Kouran or Tullaris.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 511Registered Users

Canuovea said:

I wasn't answering you in that matter, but many others who claim Rakarth is a better option than Malus. Those aren't even DE fans, and some of them have even said before they despise DE. The truth is Rakarth isn't a good option. He shouldn't be in debate against Malus. ****, he shouldn't even be in debate against Kouran or Tullaris.
    I agree. If CA will add character from 8th edition to next Lord pack instead of Rakarth, everyone on this forum will be surprise. :D
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,025Registered Users

Abmong said:

Malus - off on his quest

And if not, filling out Naggarothi cities with their lore lords isn't such a bad thing IMO
    Rakarth - Karond Kar
    Anethra Helbane - Clar Karond (since she lives there and Venhil Chillblade is a nobody)
    Malus - Hag Graef

That leaves Tullaris or Kouran who can be shipped off somewhere, One of them will probably end up a LH rather than a LL anyway. Shadowblade is a Mechanics LH would make no sense if CA made him a LL.

But friend correct me if i am not mistaken but Rakarth and Malus are LL minis no? the rest Tullaris, Shadowblade and Kouran are Heroes. and Anethra its mention on Lore bur doesn't have a mini.

But friend, Karond gar, Hag Graef are all in Naggaroth. i like the Dark Elves but one thing i look when i choose a lord in TW is starting location there where 50% of the fun is at. i never play whit any of the one in north especially Malekith and Hellebron their order of conquest it's the following Dark Elves Civil War for like 80-100 turns, then the invasion Ulthuan after that is cakewalk.

CA doesn't always go for characters will TT minitures. Ghorst and Nakai for example
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,528Registered Users
    edited October 19
    @LordTorquemado
    So I‘m not allowed to debate about it because I‘m not a „DE fan“?
    I like DE, I actually like all races. I never played TT, so I‘m not a fan of one certain race. Of course I have my favourites, but I‘m a total war warhammer fan in the first place.
    I like to reasearch about the Lore in the Lexicanum or fandom wiki, to find out more about some characters and units.

When it comes to LPs, it’s also a matter of gameplay, mechanics and units.
    From that point of view Rakarth is the best option.

1. He is a beastlord
    2. Beastlord is the last missing Lord
    3. The last missing units are beasts
    4. The beastlord theme offers mechanics
    5. He had a model and was official

I don’t say Malus should not come, he definitely should. But not as a LP. He is perfect as FLC, just like Vlad, Gor-Rok, Lokhir or Alith Anar. I really don’t see the problem here.

Furthermore, if we just assume Malus will be the DLC LL. What units and what Lord option would he add? A deamon possessed Dreadlord?
    He is an interesting and important character, but only that isn’t enough to take the spot of a LP.
    edited October 19

@Unknown6203 Please stop claiming others copy your ideas. They don't, and even if they did it's not a bad thing. This is a forum, ownership of ideas isn't a thing.

Regardless both should go where it's best. If Generic is an FLC he belongs where it's most interesting. If he's DLC probably on Ulthuan (assuming he's facing an elf) or the same continent as the Skaven in the unlikely event that's a matchup. The same for Rakarth. He should be on the same continent as Throt if they're matched up.

It is a bad thing. because i read and research and write best as i can. yet some lazy forum member takes the ideas waters them down and then present them like he came up whit them? that's low. if i see something i am in awe whit i even post their links, so they read what that person read its about camaderie. were i live we call people like that "Glory stealers".

As for Dark Elves as long as they are not in Naggaroth i am fine. i would to like to see someone on Southlands, like the member above mentioned.
    No one takes your ideas. Regardless if you don't want people "stealing" your ideas then don't post them. This is a forum. There's no glory. None have intellectual rights over anything posted.
    edited October 19

Canuovea said:

Everyone is allowed to express their opinions. The "no true scotsman" fallacy isn't helpful. No one gets to claim others aren't fans.

Rakarth is a named Beastmaster for a pack containing two monster units, a monster chariot, a beast tamer chariot, and Beastmaster lords. He fits the pack contents better than underling a, b, or Generic.
    Abmong said:

Abmong said:

Malus - off on his quest

Rakarth - Karond Kar
    Malus - Hag Graef

CA doesn't always go for characters will TT minitures. Ghorst and Nakai for example
    You are right. i would like to see Shadowbalde. he looks sweet.
    ArneSo said:

@LordTorquemado
    So I‘m not allowed to debate about it because I‘m not a „DE fan“?
    I like DE, I actually like all races. I never played TT, so I‘m not a fan of one certain race. Of course I have my favourites, but I‘m a total war warhammer fan in the first place.
    I like to reasearch about the Lore in the Lexicanum or fandom wiki, to find out more about some characters and units.

When it comes to LPs, it’s also a matter of gameplay, mechanics and units.
    From that point of view Rakarth is the best option.

1. He is a beastlord
    2. Beastlord is the last missing Lord
    3. The last missing units are beasts
    4. The beastlord theme offers mechanics
    5. He had a model and was official

I don’t say Malus should not come, he definitely should. But not as a LP. He is perfect as FLC, just like Vlad, Gor-Rok, Lokhir or Alith Anar. I really don’t see the problem here.

Furthermore, if we just assume Malus will be the DLC LL. What units and what Lord option would he add? A deamon possessed Dreadlord?
    He is an interesting and important character, but only that isn’t enough to take the spot of a LP.

You make some valid points.

The thing is what Dark Elf lord can offer more?? far as i seen Rakarth the Only one who i think would be nice he could be anti large... honestly i have no clue what could be the best Lord... ill make a separate post about this.you are all invited some plenty good ideas and conversations about possible locations.

here the link

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/253155/dark-elves-prediction-by-process-of-elimination-rakarth-vs-moulder/p1?new=1

No one takes your ideas. Regardless if you don't want people "stealing" your ideas then don't post them. This is a forum. There's no glory. None have intellectual rights over anything posted.
    Its not about glory its about decency and camaraderie. unless you do it too? it about respect. know that i see one copy pasting, ill call them out.

Its not about glory its about decency and camaraderie. unless you do it too? it about respect. know that i see one copy pasting, ill call them out.
    What's decent is not accusing others of "stealing" ideas from a place where they can not be stolen from.
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,025Registered Users

Abmong said:

Abmong said:

Malus - off on his quest

Rakarth - Karond Kar
    Malus - Hag Graef

Problem with that is Shadowblade's lore says he's a hero type, a loner, doesn't command armies, so it would be super wierd if CA made him a LL. But yeah he would my a sweet LH.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
    Abmong said:

Abmong said:

Abmong said:

Malus - off on his quest

Rakarth - Karond Kar
    Malus - Hag Graef

Problem with that is Shadowblade's lore says he's a hero type, a loner, doesn't command armies, so it would be super wierd if CA made him a LL. But yeah he would my a sweet LH.
    Yeah i agree he a longshot,but he looks sweet thought.