Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need advanced settings for ME ...

SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,646Registered Users
I am facing the same issue over and over on legendary ME....it gets boring quickly after the midgame especially as empire...

The high elves, bretonnia and the dwarves are hunting down any form of chaos with doomstacks..... I will never have the opportunity to fight elite greenskin-armies or similar...all my lands are save and there is no reason to go to war with anyone, because I can just win via military alliances...

Now essentially I have to gamble to get a good endgame, meaning I must have enough "luck" that the armies I would like to fight actually win...which I can only figure out late.

I would like to have advanced campaign setting to boost certain factions, to make them initially stronger, more aggressive etc. to make sure that certain ones will survive and I can fight them.

ME was sold to us as "the ultimate sandbox", but without some kind of settings to adjust the experience, its just a coin-toss whether it will be epic or not.

Opinions?

Comments

• sieahsieah Posts: 507Registered Users
    Theres a Nerf Order Factions mod. Theres 3x Dwarf Upkeep Mod (makes the Dawi always lose to Greenskins).
    Also- Unrestricted Region Trading mod, buy Lothern from Tyrion and give it to Noctilus, buy Temple of Skulls from Kroq and give it to Queek, and also buy Itza from Gor-Rok and give it to Skrolk.
    All of the above made for some of the best campaigns ive had so far.

And if you dont want mods and want CA to fix stuff then well, good luck.
  • Frank9945671Frank9945671 Posts: 127Registered Users
    CA must add some advanced setting(a lot, like hordes strength, confederation cooldown, AI agression level, starting bonuses for AI, etc) for campaign like Firaxis did with XCOM, that's pretty obvious. Some people always will complain about unstoppable vampires or something... Best way to fix the problem is add more settings, after that CA can forget about nerf patches nonsense for vampires or someone else. Also they need to fix bugs.

Mods is crap, so that's not an option.
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 300Registered Users
    So yea basically you have dark elfs vs high elfs … if that one is decided its like America won Russia, as example … we all buy american products and america only gets stronger. It would have been wiser if there was more strenght balance between good and evil to start with

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 617Registered Users
    New version of Better AI 2 mod should come out in a few days - try it.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Posts: 1,235Registered Users
    I have suggested this several times, the threads never gain traction

I agree 100 percent. Im currently playing empire, nearly done with chaos, after that I would love to turn south and find a greenskin empire to fight but the dwarfs are all over them.

Having read the forums on how the order factions are dominant post patch I could have boosted greenskins ( and chaos, other evil factions for that matter) before I started.

I dont think its ever going to happen as it either isnt supported by people who reply or the thread dies out quickly.

Good luck to you though
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 300Registered Users
    karge068 said:

I agree 100 percent. Im currently playing empire, nearly done with chaos, after that I would love to turn south and find a greenskin empire to fight but the dwarfs are all over them.

Having read the forums on how the order factions are dominant post patch I could have boosted greenskins ( and chaos, other evil factions for that matter) before I started.

I dont think its ever going to happen as it either isnt supported by people who reply or the thread dies out quickly.

Good luck to you though

Its a most curious observation that seems to hold true! Most people seem more interested in gaining more factions or units then in the actual gameplay. Maybe it is because those people usually co-op their campaign, i'm not sure. In previous total war games this was always a big challenge. It was even one of the selling points of Total War Rome II. Never the same campaign! I belief in Three Kingdoms they finally managed to deliver war against a couple of suriving huge empires. In Mortal Empires i usually play Teclis or the Everchosen and both are pretty dependent of other empires to take the biggest hurdles. Most of the time I either loose against an over might of enemy forces or just give up since Tyrion seems to be the big dog again. I belief you can battle against anyone after the chaos invasion finished but if that is really worth your time? I don't know. There are several mods that allow you to buff certain empires, when I looked this morning on steam there was even one advertised. Maybe you will find luck there though it remains 'silly' to manual address values

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • AnothaGitAnothaGit Posts: 189Registered Users
    It would like the option too.
    It is really needed now since the world usually ends up in a total order stalemate.

Maybe just make an option like Pick Late Game Enemy which then gives gives the faction some starting buffs might be enough. A few more good starting units and a cost reduction for them or rather give the AI their cost per turn as income.

And back when the Chaos invasions actually reached you i wanted a button to change that too a Vermintide every so often...
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Posts: 1,235Registered Users

karge068 said:

Good luck to you though

Its a most curious observation that seems to hold true! Most people seem more interested in gaining more factions or units then in the actual gameplay. Maybe it is because those people usually co-op their campaign, i'm not sure. In previous total war games this was always a big challenge. It was even one of the selling points of Total War Rome II. Never the same campaign! I belief in Three Kingdoms they finally managed to deliver war against a couple of suriving huge empires. In Mortal Empires i usually play Teclis or the Everchosen and both are pretty dependent of other empires to take the biggest hurdles. Most of the time I either loose against an over might of enemy forces or just give up since Tyrion seems to be the big dog again. I belief you can battle against anyone after the chaos invasion finished but if that is really worth your time? I don't know. There are several mods that allow you to buff certain empires, when I looked this morning on steam there was even one advertised. Maybe you will find luck there though it remains 'silly' to manual address values
    Yeah, from what I see most people are more interested in debating what the next DLC will be or balancing units. That's not a criticism, there opinion is as valid as mine, I just find it frustrating as some big campaign customisation changes would I think make for very interesting campaigns and would mitigate the balance swings we get with each patch

They could even have a warning that they take no responsibility for how the campaign pans out, like they had a warning with the laboratory and also deactivate achievements so they couldn't be gamed

I would love to play an Order faction campaign with all factions buffed and Order factions nerfed so that I have to help the Order faction survive and have multiple big enemies to fight for example