Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rakarth Unlikely - Explained

RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 459Registered Users
All Lords/heroes that are 8th edition OR from the last available edition for the race...

Franz, Belthezar, Volkmar, Markus, Grimgor, Azhag, Wurrzag, Skarsnik, Thorgrim, Belegor, Grombrindal, Ungrim, Manfred, Heinrich, Vlad, Isabella, (Krell Hero Summon), Mazdumedi, Kroak, Krogar, Tictactoe, Gor-rok, Teheneim, Skrolk, Trectch, Ikit, Queek, Tyrion, Teclis, Alith Anar, Alleirialle, Malakath, Morathi, Lokhir, Hellbron. Lourn, Green Knight, Fay Enchantress, Archaon, Sigvald, Kholek, Wulfrik, Throgg, Orion, Durthy, Malegor, Morghur, Khazrak, Settra, Khatep, Khaleada, Arkhan,

Exceptions and why...
Helman Ghorst - no 8th edition lords remaining, only remaining heroes are Manfred Acolyte and Konrad Von Castein. Can't have two Manfred campaign lords xD, so Helman who studied under Manfred chosen as "Manfred Acolyt" replacement. The Red Duke possible replacement for Konrad (not a campaign lord).

Boris Todbringer - not a campaign lord
Alberic - no other 8th edition lords/heroes

Nakai - don't know if 8th edition or not but definitely mentioned in it, please confirm.

Why not Rakarth?
It is blatantly clear that CA favour 8th edition as a start. They said the trilogy was based on it and almost all the lords are from it OR the closest edition to it. They have only gone away form 8th edition when has not been enough lords or even heroes from the most modern edition for the faction.

The Dark Elves 8th edition has Mallus (lord), Tullaris (hero), Koruan (hero) and Shadowblade (lord/hero?) from 8th edition. Rakarth is 5th edition...

The Point
CA have always prioritized the most up to date editions for lords and heroes. The only times they have changed this is when there is a shortage of lords and heroes in the most modern edition. if the Dark Elves have 8th edition options, why would they use Rakarth from 5th edition when it goes against everything they have done this far?

I don't know what edition Nakai is from but even if he isn't 8th edition that would only make him the exception, now the standard.

Comments

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,041Registered Users
    Well of course not Rakarth the borelord :lol:
    The greatest achievement he had in his two paragraph long life was taming a horse.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
    The consensus is that Malus is totally going to be the next DLC lord. The question is why would they choose Rakhart over Thanquol as FLC??

Thematically Rakhart Vs Throt fits the monster vs monster but well.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 1,065Registered Users
    the DLC will actually be Vampire coast vs Vampire counts

no dark elves or skaven
    Soon
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 459Registered Users
    @GingerRoeBro @rafantomas

Even as FLC, there is no significant evidence that Rakarth would be a lord in the game at all. I don't even know where people got this idea from xD.

the DLC will actually be Vampire coast vs Vampire counts

no dark elves or skaven

:lol:

Is the hate for undead that much?

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
  • VildvargVildvarg Posts: 143Registered Users
    I prefer Rakarth over Malus, but I'd be a bit surprised if he was included over him after the introduction of Gotrek and Felix.

That said and just to play devils advocate, while they do focus on 8th edition that alone is pretty shaky grounds to just dismiss him over. CA has thrown us more than a few curveballs.
    Riskafish said:

Even as FLC, there is no significant evidence that Rakarth would be a lord in the game at all. I don't even know where people got this idea from xD.

People just circlejerk characters everytime, then everyone believes this character will 100% be in the game, always happens and will keep happening
    Soon
    Riskafish said:

My best guess is that theres always gotta be haters, and thats just the best they could come up with. :lol:
    Rakarth the bore lord, the guy that rode a horse.

Well, they gonna get hit with one heck of a reality check come announcement :lol:
    And them salt mines gonna be overflowing :lol:

Idk though how they even get those ideas either though xD

Let the Games Begin!
    @Vildvarg
    52 named lords and heroes from 8th edition in the game so far.
    2 lords Alberic and Herman have only be added because there is no 8th edition alternatives.
    CA specifically said at launch they were basing it off 8th edition

How is it "shaky grounds" to dismiss him based on the official statements and actions of CA, the company who are making the lords xD.

Mr Blobby and the Sugar Puff Monster have almost the same chance of making the cut as Rakarth xD.
    Riskafish said:

@Vildvarg
    2 lords Alberic and Herman have only be added because there is no 8th edition alternatives.

How is it "shaky grounds" to dismiss him based on the official statements and actions of CA, the company who are making the lords xD.

Mr Blobby and the Sugar Puff Monster have almost the same chance of making the cut as Rakarth xD.

Is Rakarth in 8th edition?
    Soon
    Riskafish said:

I don’t want Rakhart. If the DLC is Skaven vs DE and not Skaven FLC then who?
    @angry_rat_lover

He is 100% not a 8th edition lord or hero.
    The wiki referenced him in 5th edition.
    The 8th edition characters that remain are Mallas (lord), Shadowblade(?), Tullaris(hero) and Kouran(hero).
  • AsamuAsamu Posts: 597Registered Users
    edited October 21
    Riskafish said:

All Lords/heroes that are 8th edition OR from the last available edition for the race...

Franz, Belthezar, Volkmar, Markus, Grimgor, Azhag, Wurrzag, Skarsnik, Thorgrim, Belegor, Grombrindal, Ungrim, Manfred, Heinrich, Vlad, Isabella, (Krell Hero Summon), Mazdumedi, Kroak, Krogar, Tictactoe, Gor-rok, Teheneim, Skrolk, Trectch, Ikit, Queek, Tyrion, Teclis, Alith Anar, Alleirialle, Malakath, Morathi, Lokhir, Hellbron. Lourn, Green Knight, Fay Enchantress, Archaon, Sigvald, Kholek, Wulfrik, Throgg, Orion, Durthy, Malegor, Morghur, Khazrak, Settra, Khatep, Khaleada, Arkhan,

Exceptions and why...
    Helman Ghorst - no 8th edition lords remaining, only remaining heroes are Manfred Acolyte and Konrad Von Castein. Can't have two Manfred campaign lords xD, so Helman who studied under Manfred chosen as "Manfred Acolyt" replacement. The Red Duke possible replacement for Konrad (not a campaign lord).

Boris Todbringer - not a campaign lord
    Alberic - no other 8th edition lords/heroes

Nakai - don't know if 8th edition or not but definitely mentioned in it, please confirm.

Why not Rakarth?
    It is blatantly clear that CA favour 8th edition as a start. They said the trilogy was based on it and almost all the lords are from it OR the closest edition to it. They have only gone away form 8th edition when has not been enough lords or even heroes from the most modern edition for the faction.

The Dark Elves 8th edition has Mallus (lord), Tullaris (hero), Koruan (hero) and Shadowblade (lord/hero?) from 8th edition. Rakarth is 5th edition...

The Point
    CA have always prioritized the most up to date editions for lords and heroes. The only times they have changed this is when there is a shortage of lords and heroes in the most modern edition. if the Dark Elves have 8th edition options, why would they use Rakarth from 5th edition when it goes against everything they have done this far?

I don't know what edition Nakai is from but even if he isn't 8th edition that would only make him the exception, now the standard.

They added Ghorst and Nakai, neither of whom ever had official tabletop rules or models, afaik; Nakai has 1 paragraph in the 8th ed book. Ghorst was just mentioned in a single page of a novel as a necromancer Mannfred gave a book to.

Boris, Grombrindal, and Alberic also did not have TT profiles in 8th ed.

Assuming they're going for 6 LLs for each WH2 faction before game 3, Rakarth makes the most sense as one of the last two for Dark Elves. Even though he's not in the 8th ed book aside from some lore mentions, he makes more sense to include than Kouran, Tellaris, or Shadowblade. Kouran and Tellaris are part of existing factions already led by Malekith and Hellebron, and Shadowblade doesn't lead armies; he'd be fine as a legendary hero, but doesn't make much sense as a lord.

Just because most of the characters have had 8th ed TT profiles doesn't mean all of them need to.
    edited October 21

Riskafish said:

@Vildvarg

Is Rakarth in 8th edition?
    Nah bud.
    And I'm pretty sure they don't even bother mentioning what happened to Rakarth the borelord because nobody ever cared :lol:

Let the Games Begin!

Riskafish said:

I don’t want Rakhart. If the DLC is Skaven vs DE and not Skaven FLC then who?
    Maybe a character from another race not related to the lord pack races? unlikely as this has never happened before and it has only happened when they make race packs, like Tretch in the Tomb Kings lord pack or Lokhir in the Vampire Coast DLC.

Maybe this FLC will be important to the unique campaign of these characters, like Lokhir was for the Vampire Coast campaign, or Gor Rok for Nakai and Wulfhart Quest battles.

Actually never thought about this, what do you think?
    Soon
  • VildvargVildvarg Posts: 143Registered Users
    Riskafish said:

@Vildvarg

And yet there's already precedents for outliers. I'm just saying they can and have gone outside of their general structure. Again, I do think Malus is more likely, I'm just saying that the 8th edition point is more of one strike against it rather than any definitive proof.

Also for all the talk of "haters" in this thread, there's a terribly palpable miasma of disdain for those who like the Rakarth concept. You may prefer Malus, but many, myself included do genuinely like the concept of a dark elf beastmaster themed lord pack.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,488Registered Users
    If we assume the fan favorite isnt Thanquol, then it is probably Malus.

If Malus is part of the DLC and not the FLC wouldn't the best match up for him be Skreech Verminking?

Daemon possesed vs. Skaven Daemon?

The Dark and the Damned?

edited October 21

If Malus is part of the DLC and not the FLC wouldn't the best match up for him be Skreech Verminking?

The Dark and the Damned?

You stop that right now!
    I didn't even think of that and now my hype is going through the roof!
    The roof!!!! :astonished:

But, Malus and thanquol for me still.

Let the Games Begin!
    @Asamu

Please read my post xD. I literally deal with all the characters you mention in the appropriately named "Exceptions and why" section.

Nakai is a exception as a mentioned at the end of my OP although I was wrong about Grombrindal who appears to be a White Dwarf character. I can't remember if he was added as a promotion for White Dwarf or not though although the name suggests he was.

Eitherway that argueably 2 exceptions out of almost 60. That mean that like 3% of the characters break the rule I state xD. That is, lords and heroes from are only chosen form elsewhere if there is no 8th addition lords and heroes.

The Dark and the Damned?

You stop that right now!
    I didn't even think of that and now my hype is going through the roof!
    The roof!!!! :astonished:

But, Malus and thanquol for me still.
    Fair enough. I do wonder why no one ever mentions Skreech when we are missing Verminlords. I think that is my new bet for the DLC. The more certain the forum is that we are getting Throt the less certain I am that will come to pass.

I do think it would be hilarious to watch the forum up end itself if we got Skweel instead of Throt though...
    @FungusHound

I want to say It won't happen but....... I can't actually say anything against it!

Dam you, now I am getting excited again xD.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,938Registered Users
    Look at the units remaining. They fit Rakarth far better than any 8e counterpart.

The 8e choices are generic who is in a feud with himself and two underlings. Rakarth may not come but he's definitely possible.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    Verminlord would be awesome. How many new units can he bring?

I think Nakai has demonstrated they can put whatever units they want in considering the Dread Saurians and Razordons have no connection to him.

None. He can't lead armies.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.

*glances at Nakai*

Yeah that argument still holds up well...

*glances at Nakai*

Yeah that argument still holds up well...
    Nakai had no rules. Thus he had no rule against leading armies.

Gorilla... not like this matters much at this point!
    Soon
    I like Clan Moulder. Like its flag. Like its starting position in ME. Like the 3 armed fat rat. Like the brood horrors. Like the monster clan. Moulder seems like a SOLID pick for next LL.
  • YitterbumYitterbum Posts: 207Registered Users
    The last campaign pack says hello.

2 LL's from Dreadfleet (no 8th edition or any edition rules), 1 LL that was completely made up, and Luther Harkon that appeared in a White Dwarf catalog.

Also, according to 8th edition of Dark Elves only one LL is left (i.e. Malus). To bring them up to six LL's like the Lizardmen, they would either have to make a hero into a LL or draw from previous editions. So it is safe to say that Rakarth is a potential candidate for either the FLC or the DLC.

The only lords the Dark Elves are missing according to 8th edition are black ark fleetmasters and high beastmasters. The only units that are missing according to 8th edition are master, scourgerunner chariot, bloodwrack medusa, and bloodwrack shrine. If you really wanted to, you could expand upon it by claiming the magma dragon (Monstrous Arcanum) is a Dark Elf unit given that it is from the Blackspine Mountains in Naggaroth. It wouldn't be too hard to claim that a lucky beastmaster was able to subdue one. All of these bar the master and fleetmaster have the beastmaster theme in common which is why most people have been bringing up Rakarth as a potential LL.