Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A problem with deployment zones in Terry

JorgeRioFJorgeRioF Posts: 65Registered Users
As the title says, I have a problem when I use Terry to create a map for Total war Warhammer 2. When I try to add a deployment zone and save the map, an error pops up and it says something about "missing alliance". Also, I don´t know what deployment zone regions are for. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,216Registered Users
    JorgeRioF said:

As the title says, I have a problem when I use Terry to create a map for Total war Warhammer 2. When I try to add a deployment zone and save the map, an error pops up and it says something about "missing alliance". Also, I don´t know what deployment zone regions are for. Can anyone help me?

Have you read through the Terry Quick Start Guide. It takes you through creating a deployment zone and specifying regions within them. If you create a subtractive one it marks out a region that the alliance (0 = attacker, 1 = defender) wont be able to deploy in within the zone.

It looks like the guide is a bit out of date as a lot the screens don't seem to load. I don't do mods and have never created a map so thats it from me. Good luck.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-assembly-kit-terry-quick-start-guide/

Probably best to use the Community Mods part of the forum for these sort of queries.
  • JorgeRioFJorgeRioF Posts: 65Registered Users
    twwatcher said:

JorgeRioF said:

Have you read through the Terry Quick Start Guide. It takes you through creating a deployment zone and specifying regions within them. If you create a subtractive one it marks out a region that the alliance (0 = attacker, 1 = defender) wont be able to deploy in within the zone.

It looks like the guide is a bit out of date as a lot the screens don't seem to load. I don't do mods and have never created a map so thats it from me. Good luck.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-assembly-kit-terry-quick-start-guide/

Probably best to use the Community Mods part of the forum for these sort of queries.
    Yes, I did. It doesn´t doesn´t say anything about this.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,216Registered Users
    It mentions what deployment zone regions are for:

"Now, while this is unnecessary, it’s useful to be able to create new Regions within a deployment zone. Imagine a Deployment Zone as a collection of regions, and shapes which are used by the alliance. When you load battles, only two deployment zones are ever used."

It then goes on to briefly describe how to set up a region within a deployment zone. If its specifically an explanation as to how to rectify your "missing alliance" error message then like I say posting in the Community Mods sub forum of this forum is your best chance of getting some help here.