Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If Daemons of Chaos undivided are coming, one of the four Chaos gods are going to be DLC

13»

Comments

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 339Registered Users
    Labria said:

Ludbone said:

The best way to implement the 4 Chaos Gods is:

Theory n.1:

• pre-order monogod (Slaanesh).

• 1 Core Monogod (Nurgle or Khorne or Tzeentch) + other 3-4 Core Races.

• The remaining 2 Monogods as Campaign Packs.

Theory n.2:

• 2 Core Monogods (Slaanesh + Khorne or Nurgle or Tzeentch) + 2-3 other races.

. . . In this way we're going to get the fully fledged 4 Chaos Gods' rosters. Daemons + Mortals (example: Putrid Blightkings, Wrathmongers) + aligned Beastmen (example: Khorngors, Slaangors). . . and 4 LL for each God.

Because a single DoC race means wasting the 80% of the 4 Chaos Gods rosters potential and Great Game. Let alone that, with a single DoC united race, we'll NEVER see aligned mortals nor beastmen. Only daemons. . . an incomplete roster of daemons tho.

Yes, this is actually the best solution for the Third Game.

Core Races: something like this :

• Slaanesh (lorewise important. N'kari quotes in several epilogues)

• Kislev

• Ogre Kingdoms

• Legion of Nagash (as Bretonnia in the First Game)

• Khorne (pre-order. Present in as NPC race even if you don't buy it)

• Chaos Dwarfs

------- DLC races:

• Dogs of War
    • Nurgle
    • Tzeentch
    • Cathay

Sure, this can work except Legion of Nagash and Cathay. i just prefer Khorne for core race. He has the greatest potential.

Why we need Legion of Nagash? This is just mix of Tomb Kings and Vampire Count units. They bring nothing to the game. This is like make one big Elves race with mix of Dark Elves, High Elves and Wood Elves units. Nagash don't need own race. He can be just special mechanic for undead races like Gotrek and Felix or Lord Kroak.

Cathay is just an unrealistic dream withnout any oficial roster. Even Clan Moulder, Cult of Ulric/Middeland or Hobgoblin Khanate have bigger chance to be in game. :D
    I'm sure Legion of Nagash will happen as a Bretonnia-like race.

There are too many hints about him, the Mortarchs and even End Times.
    He's the most important Undead character after all...
    Sure, LoN can get all the missing units from the 3 undead races, unique zombies and skeleton soldiers (Norscan and Kurgan undeads) and the very important Morghasts.

- Nagash
    - Neferata
    - Drachenfels

those 3 chars were leaked by epilogues and even by CA (AMA's).

LoN as a free race would be perfect.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,429Registered Users

Labria said:

Ludbone said:

The best way to implement the 4 Chaos Gods is:

Theory n.1:

• pre-order monogod (Slaanesh).

• 1 Core Monogod (Nurgle or Khorne or Tzeentch) + other 3-4 Core Races.

Theory n.2:

• 2 Core Monogods (Slaanesh + Khorne or Nurgle or Tzeentch) + 2-3 other races.

. . . In this way we're going to get the fully fledged 4 Chaos Gods' rosters. Daemons + Mortals (example: Putrid Blightkings, Wrathmongers) + aligned Beastmen (example: Khorngors, Slaangors). . . and 4 LL for each God.

Because a single DoC race means wasting the 80% of the 4 Chaos Gods rosters potential and Great Game. Let alone that, with a single DoC united race, we'll NEVER see aligned mortals nor beastmen. Only daemons. . . an incomplete roster of daemons tho.

Yes, this is actually the best solution for the Third Game.

Core Races: something like this :

• Slaanesh (lorewise important. N'kari quotes in several epilogues)

• Kislev

• Ogre Kingdoms

• Legion of Nagash (as Bretonnia in the First Game)

• Khorne (pre-order. Present in as NPC race even if you don't buy it)

• Chaos Dwarfs

------- DLC races:

• Dogs of War
    • Nurgle
    • Tzeentch
    • Cathay

Sure, this can work except Legion of Nagash and Cathay. i just prefer Khorne for core race. He has the greatest potential.

Why we need Legion of Nagash? This is just mix of Tomb Kings and Vampire Count units. They bring nothing to the game. This is like make one big Elves race with mix of Dark Elves, High Elves and Wood Elves units. Nagash don't need own race. He can be just special mechanic for undead races like Gotrek and Felix or Lord Kroak.

Cathay is just an unrealistic dream withnout any oficial roster. Even Clan Moulder, Cult of Ulric/Middeland or Hobgoblin Khanate have bigger chance to be in game. :D
    I'm sure Legion of Nagash will happen as a Bretonnia-like race.

There are too many hints about him, the Mortarchs and even End Times.
    He's the most important Undead character after all...
    Sure, LoN can get all the missing units from the 3 undead races, unique zombies and skeleton soldiers (Norscan and Kurgan undeads) and the very important Morghasts.

- Nagash
    - Neferata
    - Drachenfels

those 3 chars were leaked by epilogues and even by CA (AMA's).

LoN as a free race would be perfect.
    Problem is there's nothing really left for Nagash. Much like Monos they'd need to make an entire new set of units for them, putting them on the same level as Cathay.

As an FLC with a couple characters that can recruit any undead unit or a selected few that's a bit different. That's more probable.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited October 19
    neodeinos said:

Never said the quote was about undivided Chaos though, maybe you're the one failing to understand here. The quote just says DoC will be their own factions and they ain't doing the monogods.

No, you kept claiming that CA specifically said "They are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book." Od Tengri originally claimed CA said it, I said it was never said and asked for a quote, and then you claimed they "really did say it", after I replied to you to then show a quote if y'all want to keep claiming it. You started whining about having to actually find the quote you kept claiming.

And they certainly didn't say "We are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."
    Like y'all had claimed.
    That y'all have continued to claim it and yet still failed to understand, that is yalls problem.
    Post edited by GingerRoeBro on
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    Cortes31 said:
    Nice thank you. if you have evidence then i got no problem admiring i am wrong which i was. BUT that's in 2015 after WH1 they were asked on a game convention in 2016 and they dint even mention them. the bad thing is i can't find the damn video.

Funny thing about that it goes to show WoC were not going to be on WH1. they added them after people complaining.

if they are separate i think that a horrible choice.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,647Registered Users

neodeinos said:

Never said the quote was about undivided Chaos though, maybe you're the one failing to understand here. The quote just says DoC will be their own factions and they ain't doing the monogods.

No, you kept claiming that CA specifically said "They are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book." Od Tengri originally claimed CA said it, I said it was never said and asked for a quote, and then you claimed they "really did say it", after I replied to you to then show a quote if y'all want to keep claiming it. You started whining about having to actually find the quote you kept claiming.

And they certainly didn't say "We are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."
    Like y'all had claimed.
    That y'all have continued to claim it and yet still failed to understand, that is yalls problem.
    I never said CA would do DoC undivided read again, I've just said they won't do Monogods.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,429Registered Users

Cortes31 said:
    Nice thank you. if you have evidence then i got no problem admiring i am wrong which i was. BUT that's in 2015 after WH1 they were asked on a game convention in 2016 and they dint even mention them. the bad thing is i can't find the damn video.

Funny thing about that it goes to show WoC were not going to be on WH1. they added them after people complaining.

if they are separate i think that a horrible choice.
    DoC had their own army book. It's fuh-reak-ing glorious. They deserve to be treated like every other race and be put in like their book.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,820Registered Users
    Honestly, I feel like the distinction between

"Also to say, Chaos Warriors aren't the same as Chaos Demons; we are treating them as separate, just like the tabletop army books."

and

"They are doing DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book."

is splitting a pretty fine hair. The actual quote specifies "just like the tabletop army books" after all.

Admittedly, there's a bit of wiggle room, but just what are DoC going to be apart from being just like their army book if they are separate from Chaos Warriors? There aren't enough demons of each individual god to form four separate rosters (particularly not to the depth that would be expected out of a core race) and the quote indicates that they'll be separate from Chaos Warriors, so what's it going to be? Four monogod races of demons plus Beastmen? Demons plus Chaos-twisted monsters associated with the gods? That doesn't feel like it's going to make anyone happy.

It may not be spelled out, but DoC Undivided as a race like from their Army Book is, I think, the only rational conclusion from the quote. The quote rules out a Chaos Warrior/Chaos Demon mix, and the other alternatives to the army book list are impractical at best.

Monogods should probably also come in some capacity, but I don't see much in the way of reasonable doubt in the interpretation of this statement. There is reasonable doubt that this statement is up to date since it was made years before CA actually started work on game 3, but claims that the statement shouldn't be interpreted in the way most people interpret it come across as nit-picking sophistry in the absence of a realistic alternative.
  • hanesdavhanesdav Posts: 737Registered Users
    Every single official faction including Daemons of Chaos should be identical to their tabletop counterparts. Monogods can be campaign pack.