Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

DAEMONS of KHORNE, Race Pack, LL & Units, Lore, WARHAMMER 3 Draft

AsaRInAsaRIn Posts: 47Registered Users

Daemons of khorne

Intro

Hi, I finished Lord Pack for each faction in the game (except V.Coast) and started creating Race Packs. The first RP is about Daemons of Khorne. The big problem is that most of Khorn's units are too strong and there aren't many units at the lower levels to start the game. That's why I added Khorne Marouders and Cultist of Khorne to fill in the list. I tried to add only Warhammer Fantasy units and lords to my list and ignored the AoS, 40k, End Times units. I used End TImes units only for RoR units + in Other LL & Units I added other End TImes units. But I do not guarantee that all the pictures are from Warhammer Fantasy.

In my RP I chose 4 LL. The LL & Units that I chose are my choice, you can have another but I like this one. So don't tell me I miss this or that Lord, I chose lords and troops that are interesting to me. Of course you write down your choices. Other possible lords are already included in the WoC and Norsca LP. :smile:

Not all units must be used. for example: for infantry I have added more units and from them can choose the best options. This RP cost me a lot of time so if you liked then put Like on the post. I spent a lot of time looking for traditions, units, pictures, working in the program, cropping pictures and so on. I would like to do another Warhammer 3 RP in this way.

Lord Pack FRACTIONS:

Vampire Counts: https://lnk.sk/fxBI

High Elves: https://lnk.sk/eyFU

Warriors of Chaos: https://lnk.sk/enT3

Vampire Coast:......................

Sources: classic story books, army books 3,4,5,6,7, 8th edition and https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com, monstrous arcanum, forge world

Comments

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,396Registered Users
    You know, if you call it "Daemons" of Khorne, no matter your intentions or your explanation, it is wrong by default. There is a reason why the Daemons of Chaos armybook did not include a single mortal.

-------Red Dox
  • AsaRInAsaRIn Posts: 47Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

You know, if you call it "Daemons" of Khorne, no matter your intentions or your explanation, it is wrong by default. There is a reason why the Daemons of Chaos armybook did not include a single mortal.

-------Red Dox

so I can change it to Khorne or Khorne warriors
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 339Registered Users
    Perfect. Well done!

The potential behind Khorne's roster is amazing.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,114Registered Users
    Besides the idea of khorne having access to dedicated ranged weapons being incredibly strange, there are also a few AoS / End Times units here. But I like the Lord selection and the heroes. Just... Some of the units not a fan of (especially armored Marauder's, what?)
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,687Registered Users
    edited October 20
    Egil Styrbjorn has the best art, I hope he gets in instead of Valkia or dog guy. . .

This thing guy

• LabriaLabria Posts: 511Registered Users
    Khorne has a lot of potential. If we really get monogods races, I prefer Khorne for core race with Chaos Dwarfs and two non-chaos races.

I like your list except Chaos Dwarfs range units, I don't think Khorne needs them. Also, I prefer Egil Styrbjorn for 4th LL option instead of Arbaal.
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 372Registered Users
    I don't think monogods are gonna be a thing as they are not a 8th edition army but dam...

This is some impressive work and I always look forward to these posts.
  • AsaRInAsaRIn Posts: 47Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

Besides the idea of khorne having access to dedicated ranged weapons being incredibly strange, there are also a few AoS / End Times units here. But I like the Lord selection and the heroes. Just... Some of the units not a fan of (especially armored Marauder's, what?)

Name me a single unit that is an AoS and is not used in Warhammer Fantasy. All the units on my list are from warhammer fantasy. Blood Warriors, Slaughterpriest these are units that were used in AoS and not in Warhammer fantasy.
    Marauders with light armor and no armor .... my bad english
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,114Registered Users
    AsaRIn said:

Seldkam said:

Name me a single unit that is an AoS and is not used in Warhammer Fantasy. All the units on my list are from warhammer fantasy. Blood Warriors, Slaughterpriest these are units that were used in AoS and not in Warhammer fantasy.
    Marauders with light armor and no armor .... my bad english
    I mean, you do have a section that says "end times units" which is technically fantasy but in spirit is pretty far removed from it imo. Same with RoR ?

As for the armor no worries, I like the idea of a light armor variant.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,313Registered Users
    Personally I would remove one of the cultist or marauder units in favor of some Khorngors.

Otherwise this is really great work. Curious to how you will do the other gods.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 933Registered Users
    edited October 20
    This is your best work so far.

Hey with Valkia we need the cult of the brass sisters too or simething other bloidthirsty female warriors.

• LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    Awesome!

I'm even more hyped now for the future WH3 Khorne's roster. My favorite God.
    He surely deserves to be 1 of the 4-5 core races.

Loking forward the other 3 Gods.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,324Registered Users
    By the guts of thousands heretics~ this list is just perfect in every possible way!

Lord Khorne is pleased~ can't wait to play with all these goodies!

Let the blood flow down the trails!

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Posts: 410Registered Users
    Really good job on drafting this.

My critique:
    1. Karanak is better suited as a Monster unit. Khorne has a **** ton of lord anyways.
    2. Not sure how I feel about dwarfs in a Khorne army Not sure if thematic nor necessary.
    3. I think it would be better if the Heralds of "insert chaos god" are units with small amount of fighters. Again, Chaos will have lots of lord and hero choices and fewer units to choose from. Same for "Champions of "insert Chaos god" - I'd like to see them as a unit rather than a hero.
    4. Most units from the End TImes are ok but the Soul Grinder is just too much
    5. I'd rather not have 6 factions in the game with essentially the same type of Marauder infantry and cavalry. It takes away from making each faction feel unique. As long as CA does not resort to copy paste it should be fine though.
    6. Units like the Slaughterbrute and Chaos spawn are better suited for Chaos undivided. Chaos spawn is already in the Beastmen army too.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 678Registered Users
    Perfect!

What could be the 1st Monogod's core race? Nurgle or Khorne? Really hard choice.

#FORGHORGON
  • PTreePTree Posts: 281Registered Users
    I've never played or collected Choas, but this roster gets me excited for WH3! I do hope they go this route and have each God as a faction!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users