Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A note to the development team

ba18070ba18070 Posts: 178Registered Users
I would like to start by noting that historically I am one of the biggest critics of CA's decisions. That should hopefully set the tone for what I am about to say:

You on the development and community team have done a great job.

You guys really have done some great work. These past updates have seen many things the player base has been requesting for quite some time, and its wonderful to see them added to the game as a base feature instead of having to be a select mod community thing. Unit caps in MP? Fantastic. Updated Empire? That fulfills about half the requests on this forum. Fleshed out rosters and updates to old world factions? Again, excellent and probably addresses another 1/3 of the forum requests. Its great to see support for the parts of the game that arent just DLC, and consistent FLC updates to factions to let us know that what we paid for will be made to run optimally and balanced.

Now, this doesnt make my past concerns and criticisms revoked. However I do recognize that the developers arent the ones making waves with their statements. If only you could get your PR team to stop making embarrassing decisions and publishers(Sega) to forgo EA level payment plans and you guys would really be set. But, I know you're not in control of everything. So, keep doing what you do, and doing it well.

P.S. horse drawn artillery? If only I could know who the incredibly intelligent and handsome forum poster is who brought that idea to your attention...
Tagged:

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,547Registered Users
    I was so disappointed I couldn't find a clip of Buster from Tiny Toon Adventures saying "FASTER! CHEAPER!" while cracking a whip. You have no idea.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,632Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 227Registered Users
    PR team?

man, i could fill a book ( 3 sentences ) with all the issues and errors the've made while showing of their play. Game-nights are a good way to know part of the team but to make it a Tuesday….
    anyway if your one the biggest critics CA fandom is rich I feel for them.... ( j/k since I have no clue what your normal play is about )

I rarely criticize, only technical questions raise my finger. In that SEGA seems to be an equal bad partner. Land of the funny cartoons is not enough anymore to be part of the upper part echelon.

can't argue with the sales!

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Posts: 415Registered Users