Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fellow citizens

Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 231Registered Users
I want to lay before you this burning question from the heart.

Would any of you studied and moral integer persons know if you can use the old Rome II dvd version without steam interrupting and shoving you the latest version right in your face?

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’

Comments

• CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,169Registered Users
    edited October 22
    Most like that they don't have to hunt down the updates like in the old days.

My guess is you don't like the new politics angle.

And do they even sell the hard discs anymore?

Edit-- just read your post in off topic what you listening to thread

Please read my "my guess " with tongue in cheek.
    It does sound like you got burned on an update for hard or soft ware
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,640Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Welcome to the digital age. Window and program updates whether you wish them or not. They all know what is good for you(yep!) and don't care what you want 'cause they know what's best (for them).. Just pay and be quiet is the motto now.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 231Registered Users
    Cogre said:

Most like that they don't have to hunt down the updates like in the old days.

My guess is you don't like the new politics angle.

And do they even sell the hard discs anymore?

Edit-- just read your post in off topic what you listening to thread

Please read my "my guess " with tongue in cheek.
    It does sound like you got burned on an update for hard or soft ware

It is even worse. I respect you guys both but if you tell me your Rome II did not degrade since the addition of the family tree and new nice 2018 graphics I call you liars!
    To the point yes maybe it is a hardware or software error on my machine, that hits only Rome II and Thrones of Britannia since those games are both unplayable to me on the campaign map.
    I didn't even had time to investigate the new political angle since that would mean I would have to look at the most laggy of games no matter the settings i'm using

I was hoping for some trick or extra mod that would help I guess.

@dge1 yes sir, exactly what I was afraid off.

I'm goin to look at this for another year and if the problem still resides i'll go for a game removal from my steam account how dramatic ever... Guy needs to make a point right in any way possible... Keeping your nude photographs as a nice remembering

Welp I guess I'm a liar Hahahahahahahahaha

I have actually enjoyed the changes in r2
    (So tempted to add d2 to that)
    sober!
    Cogre said:

Welp I guess I'm a liar Hahahahahahahahaha

I have actually enjoyed the changes in r2
    (So tempted to add d2 to that)

Well maybe i'm giving sparta on very hard another try, i just found out that with geforce experience, recommend settings actually produce something more workable then my own creativity or the presets presented by CA. Trees on low! for example, picture included though I'm to lazy to provide a translation from dutch. It is very unusual, most of the time recommend means all settings on max, Maybe my request over at the nvidia forum beginning this year did work, i'm not sure. In all honesty you can still see how the game scrolls far from optimal but it is, again workable. I have a fear for to abundant hickups and my mind to go of, if you catch my drift..

One thing that will certainly not have my approval are the coastal sieges, but alas it does add more variation then a army landing on the shore since now the enemy is able to land directly into your city!

Threepio this one's for you!

Ahhhhhh my rig bogs down on max settings, it's an older rig. So I am not all that particular about the graphics side of things.

Gameplay is the end all be all for me. And the newer updates just kept making said gameplay more fun for me.

sober!
    Cogre said:

Ahhhhhh my rig bogs down on max settings, it's an older rig. So I am not all that particular about the graphics side of things.

Gameplay is the end all be all for me. And the newer updates just kept making said gameplay more fun for me.

Well be proud, if i have my new aorus cpu cooler i'm going to reinstate my old xeon ddr 3 machine again, together with a 1060 3 gb just for rome II... i could even use the 1050Ti since that has 4 gb's of memory 😣🤗