Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rakarth and Malus both Likely.

OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
This argument over which lord is coming down the pipe is inane.

We're getting 2 more DE lords to bring us up to 6. I think its a given that we'll see Malus at some point on star power alone and Rakarth due to being a character Beastmaster, the only missing lord type. (Black Ark Fleetmasters would have come with Lokier)

Some say Rakarth is less likely than Tullaris, Kouran or Shadowblade, but I disagree. Tullaris, Kouran and Shadowblade aren't character representatives of some lord type and Rakarth has been big on this forum for over a year, I'm sure CA is aware of that.
Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

Comments

  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    We know, we're just slowly going insane due to the lack of information.

    The idea that the WH2 DLC might come after the 3K one is horrifying.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,432Registered Users
    Indeed. Forum just does it for teh lulz.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    Oh... Thank god your on the level. I thought we were all on the same page but the satire got real there for a moment. Poe's law and all that.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,432Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

    Oh... Thank god your on the level. I thought we were all on the same page but the satire got real there for a moment. Poe's law and all that.

    There's some real salt there. I can't speak for others but I'm quite happy for both to come or one to come. It's not something that bothers me outside of the amusement it brings to the forum.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,130Registered Users, Moderators
    I'm not convinced we'll get Rakarth. But I don't really care.

    It will be as it will be, and probably will be fun because CA is good at this stuff.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    edited October 22
    Canuovea said:

    I'm not convinced we'll get Rakarth. But I don't really care.

    It will be as it will be, and probably will be fun because CA is good at this stuff.

    Who would you put as DE lord #6 then.

    Tullaris, Kouran or Shadowblade... Or are you thinking of someone more obscure.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,130Registered Users, Moderators
    OdTengri said:

    Canuovea said:

    I'm not convinced we'll get Rakarth. But I don't really care.

    It will be as it will be, and probably will be fun because CA is good at this stuff.

    Who would you put as DE lord #6 then.

    Tullaris, Kouran or Shadowblade... Or are you thinking of someone more obscure.
    I've always liked Kouran... but he'd be better off implemented as Malekith's Alastair. Tullaris is a bit one note for me. Shadowblade seems more likely.

    But I'm also skeptical about making assumptions about the DLC at all now, after being so wrong about Dwarfs. Rakarth looks far less likely if he isn't in the DLC spot against Throt, which provides his best argument really. If he is FLC? Eeeeeeh. At that point, well, FLC is not necessarily going to do too much differently. Tretch, anyone? Gor-Rok? Alith Anar did a fair bit... true. TicTacToe didn't overhaul a ton, but he was a fun change of pace. Felheart... eh? He didn't bring anything super game changing, even if I think he is fun. Expecting some kind of massive abduction of enemy monsters sort of mechanic with Rakarth doesn't seem to fit.

    If all the good Dark Elf characters are gone... maybe we won't get a Dark Elf character? Though Shadowblade would potentially work. Unknown and Riskafish have convinced me that assassin Legendary Lords are technically possible, and all this despite Shadowblade's involvement in the Vortex plot. Problem is, most Legendary Lords are 8th edition Lords if at all possible. And we still have some of those for the Dark Elves.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 978Registered Users
    Even if there is a decent chance we will get both, there still remains the question of who will get the DLC spot. I've seen(and made) massive speculation posts about potential mechanics for either of the two, mechanics so big and advanced they would only be feasibly as DLC.

    Hardcore Malus fans (myself included) want him to have his own narrative story, and not be another vortex lord. I believe he has great potential for this, and that putting him in the vortex campaign with minimal mechanics would be a waste of such an awesome character with so many great options for his own personalized campaign.

    The counterpoint is that a lot of Rakarth fans wants similiar for him, or they think he fits better with the units and a potential rivalry against Throt, therefore deserving the DLC spot.

    As said above though, if Malus is DLC then I don't see Rakarth as so obvious. Without his special beast theme and cheap implementation, he would be another very basic dragon lord. In that case other options like Kouran, Tullaris or Mengil Manhide might be equal or even better.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,530Registered Users
    edited October 22
    You know, I do argue for Rakarth but I don't realistically expect him. He makes sense but CA is broken when it comes to who they choose. I can still make criteria that actually disallow Rakarth from appearing.

    I would like him for some monster hunting/dominating/buffing but I think Tularis works well enough that CA won't look beyond 8th.

    I also think Tetto'eko might be saved for game 3 so maybe Nakai was added because Tetto'eko will come one day and the last option, Oxyotl, would fit as LH in game 3(although I would say same of Nakai).

    It's gonna be an interesting reveal in a month. It'll show us what we can expect in times to come. But if Rakarth doesn't come then we should really rethink our expectations.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 511Registered Users
    We still have four characters from 8th edition for Lord pack and FLC. CA don't need to go to old edition for more characters. Next Lord pack can be a big disappointment for Rakarth fans. :p

    We did not get Anethra Helbane because of missing Supreme Sorceress lord but Hellebron in last Dark Elves Lord pack. Why CA should add now randon Beastmaster from old edition instead of 8th edition character? :D
    We can easy have generic Beastmaster lord with another character in Lord pack.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

    OdTengri said:

    Canuovea said:

    I'm not convinced we'll get Rakarth. But I don't really care.

    It will be as it will be, and probably will be fun because CA is good at this stuff.

    Who would you put as DE lord #6 then.

    Tullaris, Kouran or Shadowblade... Or are you thinking of someone more obscure.
    I've always liked Kouran... but he'd be better off implemented as Malekith's Alastair. Tullaris is a bit one note for me. Shadowblade seems more likely.

    But I'm also skeptical about making assumptions about the DLC at all now, after being so wrong about Dwarfs. Rakarth looks far less likely if he isn't in the DLC spot against Throt, which provides his best argument really. If he is FLC? Eeeeeeh. At that point, well, FLC is not necessarily going to do too much differently. Tretch, anyone? Gor-Rok? Alith Anar did a fair bit... true. TicTacToe didn't overhaul a ton, but he was a fun change of pace. Felheart... eh? He didn't bring anything super game changing, even if I think he is fun. Expecting some kind of massive abduction of enemy monsters sort of mechanic with Rakarth doesn't seem to fit.

    If all the good Dark Elf characters are gone... maybe we won't get a Dark Elf character? Though Shadowblade would potentially work. Unknown and Riskafish have convinced me that assassin Legendary Lords are technically possible, and all this despite Shadowblade's involvement in the Vortex plot. Problem is, most Legendary Lords are 8th edition Lords if at all possible. And we still have some of those for the Dark Elves.
    Pls no shadowblade !

    "I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."









  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    Bies said:

    Canuovea said:

    OdTengri said:

    Canuovea said:

    I'm not convinced we'll get Rakarth. But I don't really care.

    It will be as it will be, and probably will be fun because CA is good at this stuff.

    Who would you put as DE lord #6 then.

    Tullaris, Kouran or Shadowblade... Or are you thinking of someone more obscure.
    I've always liked Kouran... but he'd be better off implemented as Malekith's Alastair. Tullaris is a bit one note for me. Shadowblade seems more likely.

    But I'm also skeptical about making assumptions about the DLC at all now, after being so wrong about Dwarfs. Rakarth looks far less likely if he isn't in the DLC spot against Throt, which provides his best argument really. If he is FLC? Eeeeeeh. At that point, well, FLC is not necessarily going to do too much differently. Tretch, anyone? Gor-Rok? Alith Anar did a fair bit... true. TicTacToe didn't overhaul a ton, but he was a fun change of pace. Felheart... eh? He didn't bring anything super game changing, even if I think he is fun. Expecting some kind of massive abduction of enemy monsters sort of mechanic with Rakarth doesn't seem to fit.

    If all the good Dark Elf characters are gone... maybe we won't get a Dark Elf character? Though Shadowblade would potentially work. Unknown and Riskafish have convinced me that assassin Legendary Lords are technically possible, and all this despite Shadowblade's involvement in the Vortex plot. Problem is, most Legendary Lords are 8th edition Lords if at all possible. And we still have some of those for the Dark Elves.
    Pls no shadowblade !
    I want Shadowblade as LH
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,657Registered Users
    That'd be funny if the next LP does not include DE.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    edited October 22
    neodeinos said:

    That'd be funny if the next LP does not include DE.

    What would be even funnier is if it does not include Skaven
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 978Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

    That'd be funny if the next LP does not include DE.

    Please no, that'd be another four months of Malus VS Rakarth speculation. It would become so bad that their rivalry could warrant a VS lordpack between them!
  • mdardismdardis Posts: 49Registered Users
    edited October 22
    OdTengri said:

    We're getting 2 more DE lords to bring us up to 6

    No there is no 'WH2 factions get 6 lords' plan. CA explicitly stated there is no set number in the AMA




    That answer was in direct response to this question (basically is the Lizardmen total a benchmark).




    We MIGHT get 2 DE lords to bring us up to 6. But if Rakarth & all the other Dark Elf lords are all consider a bit too bland/obscure/etc, we may just get Malus. Another faction then takes the FLC spot.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,283Registered Users
    But Tullaris is the avatar of the Lord of Murder! You can't get more representative than that.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,130Registered Users, Moderators

    But Tullaris is the avatar of the Lord of Murder! You can't get more representative than that.

    Everyone is the Avatar of the Lord of Murder at this rate. Malus was said to be. Malekith pretended to be/thought he was. Now apparently Tullaris is too, huh? But really it was Tyrion all along!
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,132Registered Users
    Malus > Kouran > Tullaris > Rakarth
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,283Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

    But Tullaris is the avatar of the Lord of Murder! You can't get more representative than that.

    Everyone is the Avatar of the Lord of Murder at this rate. Malus was said to be. Malekith pretended to be/thought he was. Now apparently Tullaris is too, huh? But really it was Tyrion all along!
    What can I say... those elves really like the wole murder stuff.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,112Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

    But Tullaris is the avatar of the Lord of Murder! You can't get more representative than that.

    Everyone is the Avatar of the Lord of Murder at this rate. Malus was said to be. Malekith pretended to be/thought he was. Now apparently Tullaris is too, huh? But really it was Tyrion all along!
    Malekith bought that title from the state controlled khainite cult, as a mutually beneficial way to give himself more political importance, nothing more. Tullaris and tyrion I have no idea about. Could be end times stuff that's going on.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,283Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

    Canuovea said:

    But Tullaris is the avatar of the Lord of Murder! You can't get more representative than that.

    Everyone is the Avatar of the Lord of Murder at this rate. Malus was said to be. Malekith pretended to be/thought he was. Now apparently Tullaris is too, huh? But really it was Tyrion all along!
    Malekith bought that title from the state controlled khainite cult, as a mutually beneficial way to give himself more political importance, nothing more. Tullaris and tyrion I have no idea about. Could be end times stuff that's going on.
    It is from the End Times and it is glorious!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    High Beastmaster is a Lord option we
    mdardis said:

    OdTengri said:

    We're getting 2 more DE lords to bring us up to 6

    No there is no 'WH2 factions get 6 lords' plan. CA explicitly stated there is no set number in the AMA




    That answer was in direct response to this question (basically is the Lizardmen total a benchmark).




    We MIGHT get 2 DE lords to bring us up to 6. But if Rakarth & all the other Dark Elf lords are all consider a bit too bland/obscure/etc, we may just get Malus. Another faction then takes the FLC spot.
    Funny.... But none of that matters.

    If we get Dark Elves vs Skaven +1 FLC character (and we know it cant be a Skaven one) that leaves us with a Dark Elf FLC Lord.

    That or they do something entirely unprecedented. (Like an FLC for a faction not in the Lord Pack)

    They said its gonna be 2 TWWH2 factions.

    Its not going to be Lizardmen, and its highly unlikely it will be Dark Elves vs. High Elves again.

    They just said again (last month) they don't have plans of DLC 4 DLC in the works. So that rules out Tombkings and Vamp Coast as potential factions.

    So its gonna be either Dark Elves vs Skaven or High Elves vs Skaven.

    With the Greenskin update still on the horizon however its highly likely they will be doing the Grim vs. Grom, as that potential match up basically started the flurry of desire for X-Pack DLC's all on its own before TWWH2 even launched.

    So that leaves us with DE vs. Skaven, and Skaven will not be FLC. Or again 2 new Dark Elf Characters.

    Despite all your attention to detail some how you missed all of that @mdardis but hey there are 2 kinds of people in the world.

    1. Those who can extrapolate data from an incomplete data set.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,283Registered Users
    OdTengri said:



    With the Greenskin update still on the horizon however its highly likely they will be doing the Grim vs. Grom, as that potential match up basically started the flurry of desire for X-Pack DLC's all on its own before TWWH2 even launched.

    It wasn't as much about crossbreds as it was about more Greenskin content. Their fans were looking for a way to get it.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,112Registered Users

    Seldkam said:

    Canuovea said:

    But Tullaris is the avatar of the Lord of Murder! You can't get more representative than that.

    Everyone is the Avatar of the Lord of Murder at this rate. Malus was said to be. Malekith pretended to be/thought he was. Now apparently Tullaris is too, huh? But really it was Tyrion all along!
    Malekith bought that title from the state controlled khainite cult, as a mutually beneficial way to give himself more political importance, nothing more. Tullaris and tyrion I have no idea about. Could be end times stuff that's going on.
    It is from the End Times and it is glorious!
    Well that explains a lot.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,283Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

    Seldkam said:

    Canuovea said:

    But Tullaris is the avatar of the Lord of Murder! You can't get more representative than that.

    Everyone is the Avatar of the Lord of Murder at this rate. Malus was said to be. Malekith pretended to be/thought he was. Now apparently Tullaris is too, huh? But really it was Tyrion all along!
    Malekith bought that title from the state controlled khainite cult, as a mutually beneficial way to give himself more political importance, nothing more. Tullaris and tyrion I have no idea about. Could be end times stuff that's going on.
    It is from the End Times and it is glorious!
    Well that explains a lot.
    It does. It is pretty well explained why and how.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Sign In or Register to comment.