Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My game is not loading past the splash screen

yeboiyaboiyeboiyaboi Posts: 1Registered Users
I have about 400 hours in the game and when I went to play the game after the new steam library dropped it was loading for about 30 seconds or so then the screen closes down (but still says it there in the toolbar)and I get total war shogun 2 has stopped responding and when I click close program and another total war shogun 2 has stopped responding appears and when I click close program then it shuts down the game. I have spent about 4 hours trying to get it to work opened around 20 tabs to do with splash screen crashing and none of them works I have the specs to run the game I was running it the day before fine, im guessing it is a problem to do with my end I just don't know how any help would be nice.

Comments

• easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,406Registered Users
    If you're running steam beta drop back out of it. Steam beta and this game do not work.

Something CA better connect with Valve about fixing because I'm pretty damn sure this new steam beta they've rolled out is going to become the main branch as it's gotten a lot of press because Valve have finally decided to take notice of the fact they've got real competition now in the store front arena.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Kevf3121Kevf3121 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I am having the same problem but im not running the steam beta. I too have spent so long trying various fixes and nothing seems to be working, so annoying!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,755Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I recommend contacting Sega Support:

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin