Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go... back to the Maelstrom

9forMortalMen9forMortalMen Registered Users Posts: 6
Seriously. Turn 180ish. I am playing my first run through as the Dreadfleet in ME, my first campaign in that too. The trouble started when Caledor pulled Lothern into the war the TURN BEFORE THEY GOT ELIMINATED. One thing led to another, and soon the donut was shipping loads of high elves onto my Lustrian shores. I vowed vengeance after they burned Pox Marsh, and took the war to Ulthuan, despite being massively outgunned. A hundred turns later, I annihilate the last Lothern settlement and army. Chaos comes, but I never see the warriors. The annoying ships raze some settlements that the Lizardmen recolonize... The Lizardmen end up making a big alliance that I am not strong enough to beat, I bide my time and go West. I land in Araby, fight some Skaven, and am suddenly attacked by The Dwarves, a 90 settlement strong Empire, a powerful Brettonia, the Last defenders etc etc etc. The Lizardmen declare, than the woodelves, then Tretch... The smaller factions peace out after I wreck them, despite being power number nine, then declare on me as soon as the truce ends, or are just paid by the Dwarves to attack. I lost the awakening to Hexoatl. I have taken quite a few Imperial and Brettonian fortresses, but I can't afford to completely abandon Ulthuan. When I go East, Lizardmen strike from the west. I am only the fifth largest power. I am trying to figure out how to get this war under control so I can focus down on one or two or even 5 opponents. The only person that isn't at war with me in like the top 20 powers is Naggarond, but Malekith refuses to even make a non-aggression pact, despite me being at war with everyone he is -plus 20 or so. Why does this dog-piling happen, and how can I stop it? How do I win this war?

Comments

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,293
    Your playing a destruction race, its bound to happen nowadays. Have 1 of the order factions hate you and its only a matter of time that the world is at war with you.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,711
    Because the Old World is guaranteed to become united order alliance of Bretonnia, Empire and Dwarves. Cue some stranglers joining them like WE and TK/LM/HE.

If you want to avoid this crap you're best served either breaking one of these three(Bret, Emp, Dawi) early or taking one corner of the map and slugging it out with them in a worldwide grind.

If you ask me with Dreadfleet/Vampire Coast it's best to purge Ulthuan and Lustria before Chaos arrives so that HE and LM never bother you from that direction and grind it out with the Old World commonwealth.

Unless you're in one of those strange games where Dwarves go extinct by turn 40 in which case it'll be more or less a steamroll on your part as long as GS don't completely collapse.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Sparkwarrior777Sparkwarrior777 Registered Users Posts: 164
    In my empire campaign dwarves are soon to be dead’s due to greenskins, I’m the only thing keeping them alive
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,335
    edited October 2019
    In my current Vampire game I've taken advantage of Stirland starting a civil war to take a third of the empire. I'm firm allies of the dwarves who are clinging to life in the mountains after the greenskins wiped the floor with them, confederated Clan Angrund in the last second to survive.

As for the OP your campaign might be to far gone by now. In the early game if you fight their enemies armies and do hero actions against them you can make friends with just about any faction.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Registered Users Posts: 1,799
    I'm not big strategy expert, but I think you should focus at one enemy at a time (when possible and protect your lands obviously) and your should become friends with Skaven/TK/Coast/DE/Norsca/GS/Counts in this region, if they aren't dead already.
    Be careful with alliances though - not only your new friends may overvalue their power level, but also that may lead to wars with some other strong order races. When possible try to befriend/make non-aggression pact with order races as well, though don't forget that negative affinity would kick in at some point.

It's truism, but indeed, as DaGangster said, you may already lost momentum, when its possible to fight back.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,233
    There is no stopping the dawi-tide.

All shall choke to death on beards.

Cuz yeah, that thing is back now.
  • 9forMortalMen9forMortalMen Registered Users Posts: 6
    Elder_Moloch
    Everybody is dead that is a destruction race except for me, and Naggarond. I suppose Khemri might count too. but they broke their NA pact and attacked me. Along with the rest of the world.
  • 9forMortalMen9forMortalMen Registered Users Posts: 6
    @JadawinKhanidi
    Lol yeah. Do you know of any mods that would prevent the Order doom alliance of Brettonia, Empire, and Dwarves?
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Registered Users Posts: 1,799

Elder_Moloch
    Everybody is dead that is a destruction race except for me, and Naggarond. I suppose Khemri might count too. but they broke their NA pact and attacked me. Along with the rest of the world.

Well, you probably either screwed, either need to grind for long while and become friends based on situation.

@JadawinKhanidi
    Lol yeah. Do you know of any mods that would prevent the Order doom alliance of Brettonia, Empire, and Dwarves?

He litterally created one, which is in his signature links: Unnatural Selection 2 - Strengthen or Weaken Selected AI Factions. You could select few and enforce them. I've also saw some mods, which just straight fix it, but I can't find it atm.
    There is fix for Counts, which may improve total result a bit (specifically Empire/Dwarfs vs Counts/GS conflict):
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1746425033&searchtext=fixed+AI
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________