Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Some settlements still change their skins?!

ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
I just realised that Karaz-A-Karak still changes it’s skin when occupied by GS like back in game 1. When it is possible with that city why not with all the other Dwarf and GS settlements? Is that an oversight by CA or intended to work like that?

Gives me hope that CA will bring that back for all settlements in game 3.

Comments

• Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,002
    Probably CA was too lazy to do it... they can definitely implement such a feature if they devoted time to it.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
    But I thought that CA removed that feature for all settlements. Other settlements still keep the normal Dwarf skin when occupied by GS. I think it’s only Karaz-A-Karak changing it.
  • Okknight84Okknight84 Registered Users Posts: 102
    I can honestly live with mone of the settlement skins changing EXCEPT for Greenskin settlements that were once Dwarf Holds. For me my entire goals when I play the Dwarves is to reclaim the lost holds and when the stay Orc cesspitss it makes me want to mark down another grudge.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 2,797
    Got a screenshot?
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,966

I can honestly live with mone of the settlement skins changing EXCEPT for Greenskin settlements that were once Dwarf Holds. For me my entire goals when I play the Dwarves is to reclaim the lost holds and when the stay Orc cesspitss it makes me want to mark down another grudge.

Yeah, that just feels... very wrong.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 963
    Are you sure about that? Settlements change their banners after occupation but not their overall look. Do you have screenshots?
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
    I can try to make a screenshot tomorrow. GS were sieging Karaz-A-Karak, they won the battle and the Skin turned „Orcy“ just like it did back in game 1. Didn’t even knew that this is still possible. I also don’t use any mods that could caused that.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,950
    I think he means thast the landscape still changes, but that was always the case.
  • xXAlduin99xXAlduin99 Registered Users Posts: 140
    it's a long time ago I really played WARHAMMER 2 but you are right as far as I remember. Karaz a karak can change its skin.

you ahould tell this to this guy in the comments https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1894694154

he is working on a mod which brings back the WH1 way.
  • NariacNariac Registered Users Posts: 248
    Yeah, I've seen this happen too. As far as I'm aware, it's the only settlement which still does this.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 2,797

it's a long time ago I really played WARHAMMER 2 but you are right as far as I remember. Karaz a karak can change its skin.

you ahould tell this to this guy in the comments https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1894694154

I hope he does not mod it cause then CA won’t do it.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 846
    Honestly i've never really understood the people that said the settelment skin changes were left in game 1.
    Maybe i'm missing something, but as far as the Dawi-GS skin conversion we had in game 1, everything is still in game2, and has been since the launch of ME.
    Im in the middle of a GS campaign right now, and every major Dwarf karak together with its surroundings changes skin: Karaz-a-karak, K8P, Zhufbar, Barak Varr. Also a lot of doodads in the WE mountains, like pillars and bridges, change depending on how owns the province.
    I see lots of people whining that the terraforming got left in Game 1, but it hasn't at all. Maybe im missing something?
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,686
    Trees still change from my experience so I don't know why the settlements itself still doesn't.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

I don't think CA would be like "oh, we wanna do it *sees the mod* Nooo we don't". I mean, they did island battles as naval battles which was also done by modders first. But I get what you mean. If CA is influenced by this, it should be motivating for them to do dynamic skins for every possibility. for example, one half of the settlement model is imperial, if bretonnia conquers it it gets half-bretonnian, half-imperial. If high elves conquer it, it gets half-high elven and so on. of course in a good looking way. This is something modders can't do at all.

Honestly i've never really understood the people that said the settelment skin changes were left in game 1.
    Maybe i'm missing something, but as far as the Dawi-GS skin conversion we had in game 1, everything is still in game2, and has been since the launch of ME.
    Im in the middle of a GS campaign right now, and every major Dwarf karak together with its surroundings changes skin: Karaz-a-karak, K8P, Zhufbar, Barak Varr. Also a lot of doodads in the WE mountains, like pillars and bridges, change depending on how owns the province.
    I see lots of people whining that the terraforming got left in Game 1, but it hasn't at all. Maybe im missing something?

you misunderstood. Settlement skins aren't terrain changes. terrain changes are partially there still thats right. (Lustria is an exception, not even corruption is changing much of the landscape)
    The settlement model is a completely different thing. Look at the settlements in the badlands, these are orc camps, and they can't be changed if conquered by dwarfs. Look at massif orcal if you playing dwarfs and conquering it, it stays orcy.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 846

I don't think CA would be like "oh, we wanna do it *sees the mod* Nooo we don't". I mean, they did island battles as naval battles which was also done by modders first. But I get what you mean. If CA is influenced by this, it should be motivating for them to do dynamic skins for every possibility. for example, one half of the settlement model is imperial, if bretonnia conquers it it gets half-bretonnian, half-imperial. If high elves conquer it, it gets half-high elven and so on. of course in a good looking way. This is something modders can't do at all.

you misunderstood. Settlement skins aren't terrain changes. terrain changes are partially there still thats right. (Lustria is an exception, not even corruption is changing much of the landscape)
    The settlement model is a completely different thing. Look at the settlements in the badlands, these are orc camps, and they can't be changed if conquered by dwarfs. Look at massif orcal if you playing dwarfs and conquering it, it stays orcy.
    Fair, but im 100% sure that some of the major settlements still change depending on who owns them (Barak Varr, K8P, Karaz-a-Karak, Zhufbar). Im assuming you're talking about all the other minor ones (like Valayas Sorrow, Crooked Fang Fort and the rest) ?

Fair, but im 100% sure that some of the major settlements still change depending on who owns them (Barak Varr, K8P, Karaz-a-Karak, Zhufbar). Im assuming you're talking about all the other minor ones (like Valayas Sorrow, Crooked Fang Fort and the rest) ?
    Karaz a karak does indeed. The rest does not, look at Massif orcal thats the real orc capital skin. there is orc stuff in front of the karak.