Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer III: Hard to Swallow Pills

Comments

• FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,548Registered Users

ron1404nl said:

So another post based on nothing?

Like 90% of the posts on this forum nowadays. No wonder most people go to Reddit.
    To be fair as the trilogy goes forward we have less and less to speculate on so we just talk about the 5 same things endlessly. Add to the fact CA has been pretty hush hush about the future we don't have much to actually base our speculations on. So its this endless loop.

Its like the speculation for the next LP. As soon as we learned that it isn't crossgame we pretty much exhausted everything there is to say about what it could contain in a day or so.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,721Registered Users
    edited November 2019

Crossil said:

I'm personally of the opinion that the hardest pill for this forum to swallow will be that neither ogres/daemons/chaos dwarfs/+1 or monogods will be the core lineup.

We'll see in due time, though.

So none of them at launch? What factions should we expect at launch then? Ok one could be left as DLC, but surely not all of them. Come on
    Boreal said:

goliath55 said:

I'm personally of the opinion that the hardest pill for this forum to swallow will be that neither ogres/daemons/chaos dwarfs/+1 or monogods will be the core lineup.

Kinda with you on that. Expecting something unusual and much salt
    If they don't include any if the main races left when it launches the game won't sell
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying the core factions will not include any of those, I am just saying it will include some of those, and not in the configurations that most people expect.
    Hey, man. I think that all those hints about Nagash might point at Nagash at launch. I also think Monos will happen. I also think the "need a good guy" argument has some merit towards Kislev. Thus I have a syncretic idea that it will be Monos with Nagash and Kislev at launch. Delusions due to hope are infinite.

Out of all of those I think Nagash has the highest potential for salt production, both due to unexpectedness from these forums and high chances of actually happening given the hints we're getting.
    Really any deviation from the "accepted" lineups will probably cause massive, massive salt. In fact I think that will probably produce more outrage than an implementation (or absence) of something like Cathay or the far East.
    I don't think Cathay will necessarily produce that much salt. I do give it **** because some people take it too far with Cathay but if we do get a chance to get Cathay, with a reasonable map extension that provides it, you think I would complain? The main problem with Cathay isn't that it would be not wanted, it's that some people are highly unrealistic about it. Now, they do claim they understand it isn't likely but the only things they acknowledge are the ones that would make Cathay more probable so, perhaps I'd agree some salt will happen either way, but I'm not sure it would be that large an amount.

I do admit, however, I would be pretty salty if DoW were implemented in game 3 rather than game 2. It just strikes me as so nonsensical taking into account their aesthetics and the established lore that doesn't have a single one of their important characters in the armybook go there, unless they originated from the Darklands(so Golgfag and the Hobgoblin character are the only ones, I think).

I wouldn't be that salty if Monos don't arrive. I would be really sad but I would understand why they wouldn't do it. I would basically be like:

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 3,347Registered Users
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

So none of them at launch? What factions should we expect at launch then? Ok one could be left as DLC, but surely not all of them. Come on
    Boreal said:

goliath55 said:

If they don't include any if the main races left when it launches the game won't sell
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying the core factions will not include any of those, I am just saying it will include some of those, and not in the configurations that most people expect.
    Hey, man. I think that all those hints about Nagash might point at Nagash at launch. I also think Monos will happen. I also think the "need a good guy" argument has some merit towards Kislev. Thus I have a syncretic idea that it will be Monos with Nagash and Kislev at launch. Delusions due to hope are infinite.

Out of all of those I think Nagash has the highest potential for salt production, both due to unexpectedness from these forums and high chances of actually happening given the hints we're getting.
    Really any deviation from the "accepted" lineups will probably cause massive, massive salt. In fact I think that will probably produce more outrage than an implementation (or absence) of something like Cathay or the far East.
    I don't think Cathay will necessarily produce that much salt. I do give it **** because some people take it too far with Cathay but if we do get a chance to get Cathay, with a reasonable map extension that provides it, you think I would complain? The main problem with Cathay isn't that it would be not wanted, it's that some people are highly unrealistic about it. Now, they do claim they understand it isn't likely but the only things they acknowledge are the ones that would make Cathay more probable so, perhaps I'd agree some salt will happen either way, but I'm not sure it would be that large an amount.

I do admit, however, I would be pretty salty if DoW were implemented in game 3 rather than game 2. It just strikes me as so nonsensical taking into account their aesthetics and the established lore that doesn't have a single one of their important characters in the armybook go there, unless they originated from the Darklands(so Golgfag and the Hobgoblin character are the only ones, I think).

I wouldn't be that salty if Monos don't arrive. I would be really sad but I would understand why they wouldn't do it. I would basically be like:

You may be more equanimous on the matter, but I suspect a lot of the mongods fans are going to be incensed when it doesn't pay out. But almost as furious will probably be Ogre, Chaos Dwarf, or Daemon fans if one of those gets dropped to DLC.

I will, of course, be happily stoking any such outrage that results from such an outcome by screencapping my predictions.
    edited November 2019

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

goliath55 said:

You may be more equanimous on the matter, but I suspect a lot of the mongods fans are going to be incensed when it doesn't pay out. But almost as furious will probably be Ogre, Chaos Dwarf, or Daemon fans if one of those gets dropped to DLC.

I will, of course, be happily stoking any such outrage that results from such an outcome by screencapping my predictions.
    Salt is salt. I wanted Tetto'eko for salt and got Tik'taq'to. Still loved the salt, whichever character brought it.

And what are your predictions other than a rain of salt?
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 987Registered Users
    Crossil said:

-The Game III main campaign will be focused on the Dark Lands and Mountains of Mourn, the Realm of Chaos will be about as present as it is in Game I

-Speaking of, you know that big fog of war blob east of the Dwarfs? That'll get filled in, and that will be the extent of what gets added to the final combined map

why? There was a comment on reddit from RIchCA a while ago that said that what we have now will be very different from the final mortal empires map, so I don't see why the fog blob will be all that we get.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/be9spv/is_this_a_mistake_or_the_final_me_map_after/el4ioql/?context=3

Rich: It will look a little different.

Aram: It will be very different.
    yeah, I misquoted. Sorry. I wrote the reply before finding Rich's comment and then edited my reply without double checking. Sorry about that.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Posts: 527Registered Users
    No, understand that “hard to swallow pills” is not a synonym of “pessimistic worst case scenario”
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,365Registered Users
    Boreal said:

RikRiorik said:

Personally these are the things that I think will happen in TWW3 which are similar to your own.

- ME map will pretty much be as it is now with roughly what is under the Foggy Curtain added in terms of size of new additions. Means no extra Lustria, Southlands or Naggaroth. I'll admit that this might seem the pessimistic option though as I wonder how much interest there'll be in playing Daemons of Chaos and Warriors of Chaos in TWW3 if we don't get a little more territory for these to run around in. And yes nothing beyond the Mountains of Mourn. But I wasn't expecting that anyways even in fits and spurts of undiluted hope.
    - No Araby, Kislev or Southern Realms/Dogs of War until proven otherwise. I know we've gotten Norsca and the Vampire Coast but they way they worded how apparantly taxing it was to do the Vampire Coast and how it isn't something they will be looking to do again any time soon my hopes have diminished.

I think it is entirely possible to make a TWW3 that campaign map wise is a good game even without adding too much to the old map. A little bit added to Lustria and the Southlands to make them look slightly more like continents and less like giant blocks of land. A little added to the top of the map to expand the Norcan holdings over Naggaroth and allow some territory for the Daemons and Warriors of Chaos to run around in and then add slightly more than what is under the Foggy Curtain to the east. Also then moving in some Dragon Isle and Tor Elassor action in the waters between the Southlands and the Darklands.

That would be okay. Not too much but not as little as to make you feel like there wasn't much of a change between TWW2 and TWW3. And still an okay amount of room for the new races to run around in and to keep the old ones feeling slightly fresh here and there.

I always felt TWW3 was going to be the harder sale unless done right. We shall see if they manage to balance everything in order to make it a smash hit. It's hard. It needs to build on and improve from TWW2 in core game play whilst adding new stuff for old and new alike. I feel equal amounts of anticipation and trepidation as to how they implement TWW3.

CA said that the current ME map will be nothing like the final so
    No friend. That's not at all what they've said. And if they had said that particular and exact line I think that would be a very mystifying thing to say.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,995Registered Users

No, understand that “hard to swallow pills” is not a synonym of “pessimistic worst case scenario”

Or reasonable expectations.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 3,347Registered Users
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

goliath55 said:

Salt is salt. I wanted Tetto'eko for salt and got Tik'taq'to. Still loved the salt, whichever character brought it.

Oh, I don't think my predictions have their origins in salt. I'm not super attached to the Warhammer lore and so when it goes one way or another I'm usually not too bothered. Like everybody else I expected the DoW and we got the Vampirates, but the people who freaked out over Cylostra are something of a mystery to me.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but if I'm right and nobody listened to me then their outrage becomes delightful. Still getting jolly chortles from the occasional griping about Nakai being a LL, though that well's largely drained by now.

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

goliath55 said:

Oh, I don't think my predictions have their origins in salt. I'm not super attached to the Warhammer lore and so when it goes one way or another I'm usually not too bothered. Like everybody else I expected the DoW and we got the Vampirates, but the people who freaked out over Cylostra are something of a mystery to me.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but if I'm right and nobody listened to me then their outrage becomes delightful. Still getting jolly chortles from the occasional griping about Nakai being a LL, though that well's largely drained by now.
    Imagine not being invested in mono or not mono. Whichever way it goes there'll be pleanty of seasoning to go around.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 3,488Registered Users
    Some people forgot that we will still get 6 new LLs with the next LPs. Plus at least 2 more with the pre order bonus.

That makes 8 more playable factions + Azhag probably getting moved. So 9 new starting positions on the actual ME map. If we look at the current ME map we are already running out of interesting start positions. Where should CA put these 9 factions? There are no more positions left. Southlands, Lustria and Naggaroth are already to crowded. Start positions like Kathep, Tiktacto and Kroq-Gar are not really satisfying with the restricted map.

There is no other way than making the map bigger and extend at least Lustria and the Southlands further south like in the vortex.

Let’s take a look on that „realistic“ game#3 map some people seem to like:

This map is super small and offers not much variety. Compared to the massive and diverse vortex map this is extremely disappointing and not enough for a solo game.

This map also doesn’t offer much space for many start positions and factions.
    We will probably get at least 8 playable factions on release plus 8 more with LPs
    Then we still don’t have any potential new races on the map. We will get at least one new campaign pack with 4 new LLs.

This super small map doesn’t offer enough space for 20 start positions.

So the final map will be bigger than that. With the „perfect map“ CA would have enough space to release tons of LPs, crossovers and even DLCs for DLCs for ages. I think we all expect at least 3 years of post launch support for the final trilogy.

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,559Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    @ArneSo. As long as there are non LL factions on the map there is no such thing as being too crowded.

As for that proposed stand along campaign map. Well that could be what it looks like but you'd expect the scale to allow for the inclusion of a lot more settlements than what you see there.
    ArneSo said:

Some people forgot that we will still get 6 new LLs with the next LPs. Plus at least 2 more with the pre order bonus.

That makes 8 more playable factions + Azhag probably getting moved. So 9 new starting positions on the actual ME map. If we look at the current ME map we are already running out of interesting start positions. Where should CA put these 9 factions? There are no more positions left. Southlands, Lustria and Naggaroth are already to crowded. Start positions like Kathep, Tiktacto and Kroq-Gar are not really satisfying with the restricted map.

There is no other way than making the map bigger and extend at least Lustria and the Southlands further south like in the vortex.

This map is super small and offers not much variety. Compared to the massive and diverse vortex map this is extremely disappointing and not enough for a solo game.

We will probably get at least 8 playable factions on release plus 8 more with LPs
    Then we still don’t have any potential new races on the map. We will get at least one new campaign pack with 4 new LLs.

So the final map will be bigger than that. With the „perfect map“ CA would have enough space to release tons of LPs, crossovers and even DLCs for DLCs for ages. I think we all expect at least 3 years of post launch support for the final trilogy.

The perfect map would be 3's ME and a map slightly bigger than the one you showed would be 3's game map.
    edited November 2019
    ArneSo said:

You haven't even tried to name the locations, though.

Eltharion vs Grom in Badlands or Grom in Ulthuan. Skaven vs Dark Elf in Naggaroth, or if it's Moulder in Hellpit. FLC HE could be in Tor Elassor if it gets added east of Kingdom of Beasts. DE FLC could be in northern Ulthuan. Azhag in Troll Country.

There are ways of doing it if you think about it.
    ArneSo said:

I'm not even gonna bother with the rest but 3 years of support is basically 7-8 DLCs taking into account the rate at which CA has been releasing them in game 2, which is not that much. Even if I was to take that into consideration you are ignoring that Chaos can be placed anywhere in the north, Norsca, northern Naggaroth, north of Darklands, it's not just limited to the Darklands but it is also another easy place to put it in. Also, if they focus more on crossovers then game 1 and 2 LLs get placed back somewhere else on the ME map, in Old World or (probably rarer) in the New World.

Then there's Kislev who would be placed more in the Old World, in their main territories. If DoW really end up in game 3 they'll be redistributed across Old and New World.

You're limiting it to Darklands for very little reason. Empire and Norsca are relatively unpopulated by LLs all things considered, why wouldn't they get some foreigners or internal threats? A Necrarch in the Forest of Shadows for the Undead Legions would be nice.

Standalone campaign is much more open because CA can make it as detailed as necessary. But ME is hardly full.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,995Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VHU0V_A0ONg

Actually, that map could offer a lot of diversity with the faction and yes it's smaller than the New World but it's as small as people seem to think. You can have quite a large map with Darklands, Mountains of Mourn, Chaos Wastes and it's most likely going to include some part of the Old World especially if we get Kislev. And even if it's supposed to be smaller than what we previously had CA can still change the scale of the map to have something similar to WH2 in term of size so it's really not an issue.
  • goliath55goliath55 Posts: 618Registered Users
    Kislev, Nagash, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 494Registered Users
    A pill is hard to swallow if its sold by someone who directly contradicts what CA has said xD
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Posts: 518Registered Users

-The Game III main campaign will be focused on the Dark Lands and Mountains of Mourn, the Realm of Chaos will be about as present as it is in Game I

-Speaking of, you know that big fog of war blob east of the Dwarfs? That'll get filled in, and that will be the extent of what gets added to the final combined map

why? There was a comment on reddit from RIchCA a while ago that said that what we have now will be very different from the final mortal empires map, so I don't see why the fog blob will be all that we get.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/be9spv/is_this_a_mistake_or_the_final_me_map_after/el4ioql/?context=3

They said exactly the same about Mortal Empires and in the end it was exactly same as datamined map.

I give close to no importance to those lines.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 1,495Registered Users
    I never had any problems with the things the OP mentioned.
    They are realistic and fine with me.

My open wound is that I most likely have to wait till Game III for
    Neferata / Silver Pinnacle to get added
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 553Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

Sorry, what?

I don't think I have ever seen anyone saying that they want the crunched up map. You're confusing what people expecting with what people want.
    Riskafish said:

A pill is hard to swallow if its sold by someone who directly contradicts what CA has said xD

What exactly is a contradiction? All points seem like safe bets.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,548Registered Users

Yeah she will probably have to wait to show up with the rest of the N Times squad. Nagash, Neferata, Nameless.
  • AurawallAurawall Posts: 306Registered Users
    edited November 2019
    There really are no safe bets until we know what kind of game Total War Warhammer 3 is and who it is most geared to.

The map, races, and dlc can change drastically depending on which audiences are targeted, which ones are added, what CA is willing to do, and what GW is allowed.

That's the hard pill. That it will likely not be what most people think as Warhammer wasn't designed to host a strategy game nor did GW fully flesh it out.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,361Registered Users
    If a pill is hard to swallow put some water in your mouth first, then put the pill and swallow.

If the worst happens I'll react then, I won't worry about it before it's occurred.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.

Yeah she will probably have to wait to show up with the rest of the N Times squad. Nagash, Neferata, Nameless.
    and a Necrarch.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,564Registered Users

Unlikely.

Likely Wrong.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,564Registered Users
    edited November 2019

This is the only thing I disagree on you with.

1) There is a good chance we see the Chaos Wastes and you've omitted that.

2) That is all.
    Post edited by OdTengri on
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

OdTengri said:

1) There is a good chance we see the Chaos Waists and you've omitted that.

2) That is all.
    Chaos waists, how do they look like?

• blacksphemyblacksphemy Posts: 180Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

2) That is all.
    Thanksgiving and Christmas give me a chaos waist but TWW3 will not
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 2,248Registered Users

OdTengri said:

2) That is all.
    Chaos waists, how do they look like?

Sporadic hair growth