Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What’s the official CA’s stance on Araby?

ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 253
Hi,

I haven’t been much present on the forums since the Prophet & Warlock DLC (due to something called real life), but it seems in the meanwhile the status of Araby has changed from “it will eventually come for TWW2” to “it is excluded from the possible new races spectrum for the whole trilogy”. Is there any announcement / reddit or forum comment on CA’s part to confirm that? I’ve been looking for the relevant topic but all I have found are endless complaints that Araby is never going to arrive. Clearance is needed urgently.

The other thing is that as much as I love recent LPs and (especially) reworks - they are so much better than past LPs - I still think ONE new race before TWW3 would do much for longevity of this game (think Norsca for game one). Araby IMO would be the most interesting choice, even if it requires creating OC characters from scratch.
«1

Comments

  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 835


    Because why spend time and resources on a whole faction when you can just churn out 1/4 of the content in LP with made up units and Lords. (not LLs)
  • roykuhhroykuhh Registered Users Posts: 47
    edited November 2019
    CA was pretty clear about it.

    Maybe, maybe in the future. Don’t expect them for tww2
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 4,506
    They don’t have plans to make Araby in general. It’s dead.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 793
    When was it ever "eventually come for tww2" ????
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 7,586
    Yeah the release of the Prophet and the Warlock was the nail in the coffin. First it looked good because the Southlands were getting changed up on the map but it was to include Tiqtac’to. Then that statement came. And just like that it was also confirmed there would be no more race packs.

    For all the quality of the Prophet and the Warlock there hasn’t been a single content drop that ended the hope for so much other content. It was a real bitter sweet moment.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 6,008
    edited November 2019
    Araby is dead and buried last I heard of them.

    Some people on these forums claim how surely CA will bring them to the game one day, but that just sounds like necromancy to me.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    I am a sad puppy.
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 253
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for all the responses. It is indeed a huge disappointment. No amount of Lord Packs is going to compensate for what ultimately amounts to fewer available races to play and less diversity on the map.

    On the other hand, I cannot refrain myself from thinking about Vampirates and loathing this choice for what we now know was last campaign pack for TWW2. Both DoW and Araby could be way more important and game-changing additions than sea variation of vampires with pirate cliches thrown in. Meh. The only mistake of the trilogy. And a costly one at that. :/
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 3,336
    Unless CA says otherwise Araby is dead.
  • AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 1,092



    Because why spend time and resources on a whole faction when you can just churn out 1/4 of the content in LP with made up units and Lords. (not LLs)



    O) it's me)

  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 7,586
    I am not lamenting the Vampirates. They were an okay inclusion albeit a bit excessive if you ask me in terms of map presence. Noctilus and Harkon were the only ones truly needed. The other two are fillers.

    But Araby and the still elusive Southern Realms are really sorely missed in my book. I still have wet dreams pertaining to how fun even the stunted ME Southlands would have been if both those races had been added. Not to mention the addition of the Southern Realms factions in the Old World and Lustria as well.

    Out of the two Araby will be the least missed in terms of land presence but the Southern Realms really need to be added at some point.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,888
    edited November 2019
    CA: "We have currently no plans, in general, for Araby."
    These forum:



    GW: "In 3 years, probably more, we make a new WHFB edition with whatever."
    These forum:
    OMG!! That surely will impact game#3 heavily! We will get the Amazon race and Cathay and 5 new Elector Counts for the Dark Lands campaign and at least two dozen new units to cover every race and yaddayaddayadda. We will get EVERYTHING! Execpt Araby or female Chaos Warrior Chosen. Since that is still unrealistic.


    Gotta love the spirit of people some times.

    ------Red Dox

    Post edited by Red_Dox on
  • MahDogMahDog Registered Users Posts: 13
    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.
    Let the galaxy burn
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 3,336
    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    What do people not understand in "We have no plans for Araby in general" ? Do you really think they'd say that to then release Araby a year after ?
  • MahDogMahDog Registered Users Posts: 13
    neodeinos said:

    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    What do people not understand in "We have no plans for Araby in general" ? Do you really think they'd say that to then release Araby a year after ?
    "We CURRENTLY have no plans for Araby in general"
    Let the galaxy burn
  • AurawallAurawall Registered Users Posts: 327
    Araby is dead. The area they occupy is full. Their roster is too similar to Norsca as well.

    Your only hope is that DoW has Araby units.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 3,336
    MahDog said:

    neodeinos said:

    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    What do people not understand in "We have no plans for Araby in general" ? Do you really think they'd say that to then release Araby a year after ?
    "We CURRENTLY have no plans for Araby in general"
    They said currently at first but then said I N G E N E R A L this is exactly why communicating is useless because there will always be people like you to say "but it still can happen !!!!"
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 7,586
    Red_Dox said:

    CA: "We have currently no plans, in general, for Araby."
    These forum:



    GW: "In 3 years, probably more, we make a new WHFB edition with whatever."
    These forum:
    OMG!! That surely will impact game#3 heavily! We will get the Amazon race and Cathay and 5 new Elector Counts for the Dark Lands campaign and at least two dozen new units to cover every race and yaddayaddayadda. We will get EVERYTHING! Execpt Araby or female Chaos Warrior Chosen. Since that is still unrealistic.


    Gotta love the spirit of people some times.

    ------Red Dox

    The likelyhood of those being the same people to any extent above miniscule is...well...miniscule. Otherwise there is some serious cognitive dissonance going on.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    RikRiorik said:

    Red_Dox said:

    CA: "We have currently no plans, in general, for Araby."
    These forum:



    GW: "In 3 years, probably more, we make a new WHFB edition with whatever."
    These forum:
    OMG!! That surely will impact game#3 heavily! We will get the Amazon race and Cathay and 5 new Elector Counts for the Dark Lands campaign and at least two dozen new units to cover every race and yaddayaddayadda. We will get EVERYTHING! Execpt Araby or female Chaos Warrior Chosen. Since that is still unrealistic.


    Gotta love the spirit of people some times.

    ------Red Dox

    The likelyhood of those being the same people to any extent above miniscule is...well...miniscule. Otherwise there is some serious cognitive dissonance going on.
    Yeah... some of them are definitely the same people... not going to throw out names but yeah...
  • MahDogMahDog Registered Users Posts: 13
    neodeinos said:

    MahDog said:

    neodeinos said:

    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    What do people not understand in "We have no plans for Araby in general" ? Do you really think they'd say that to then release Araby a year after ?
    "We CURRENTLY have no plans for Araby in general"
    They said currently at first but then said I N G E N E R A L this is exactly why communicating is useless because there will always be people like you to say "but it still can happen !!!!"
    Indeed, communicating is useless
    Let the galaxy burn
  • SteamageSteamage Registered Users Posts: 479
    Araby will come!

    They just spend resources right now on troy!
  • SchusselSchussel Registered Users Posts: 750
    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    That would make me not preorder TW WH3

    We already got 3 Human factions a fourth (fan fiction) one isn't necessary.
    And southland is already crowded with all the tomb kings, lizardmen, dwarfs, Human, Woodelves and Skaven
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 554
    Schussel said:

    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    That would make me not preorder TW WH3

    We already got 3 Human factions a fourth (fan fiction) one isn't necessary.
    And southland is already crowded with all the tomb kings, lizardmen, dwarfs, Human, Woodelves and Skaven
    3 human factions?
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 788
    MahDog said:

    neodeinos said:

    MahDog said:

    neodeinos said:

    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    What do people not understand in "We have no plans for Araby in general" ? Do you really think they'd say that to then release Araby a year after ?
    "We CURRENTLY have no plans for Araby in general"
    They said currently at first but then said I N G E N E R A L this is exactly why communicating is useless because there will always be people like you to say "but it still can happen !!!!"
    Indeed, communicating is useless
    And then people are wondering why CA goes silent for months. I still remember a thread with "hype" in the title that was based on absolutely nothing but 1 little post of a member of CA that was not even meant to mean something.

    Schussel said:

    MahDog said:

    Maybe they will release Araby as a preorder DLC for TW: Warhammer 3, given the fact that many people want it. It's unlikely but not impossible.

    That would make me not preorder TW WH3

    We already got 3 Human factions a fourth (fan fiction) one isn't necessary.
    And southland is already crowded with all the tomb kings, lizardmen, dwarfs, Human, Woodelves and Skaven
    3 human factions?
    Empire, Bretonia and Norsca is my guess. Though it is clear as day that we need at least 2 more and that is Kislev and Souhtern Realms. Araby and Cathay would also recieve a very warm welcome, as far as I am concerned.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

    Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 1,656
    Not this stupid thread again. Araby is dead Jim.

  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 4,506
    But... but... maybe CA just lied to us? 🥺
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,903
    RikRiorik said:

    Red_Dox said:

    CA: "We have currently no plans, in general, for Araby."
    These forum:



    GW: "In 3 years, probably more, we make a new WHFB edition with whatever."
    These forum:
    OMG!! That surely will impact game#3 heavily! We will get the Amazon race and Cathay and 5 new Elector Counts for the Dark Lands campaign and at least two dozen new units to cover every race and yaddayaddayadda. We will get EVERYTHING! Execpt Araby or female Chaos Warrior Chosen. Since that is still unrealistic.


    Gotta love the spirit of people some times.

    ------Red Dox

    The likelyhood of those being the same people to any extent above miniscule is...well...miniscule. Otherwise there is some serious cognitive dissonance going on.
    Then let me introduce you to the concept called "compartmentalization" that allows people to contradict themselves all the time without getting bothered by it.

  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 702
    “As it stands” .
  • Tibi088Tibi088 Registered Users Posts: 154
    I havent heard that yet. I was pretty sure that Araby would come sooner or later and was looking really forward to it - mostly because of their placeholder comment in regards of the crusaders around the release of the game. Im really saddened by this news. Still its better to know than waiting for something that will (most likely) never come. It would have been even better if they had told us earlier instead of letting false hope build. With this the number of things I really look forward to (with any decent chance of happening) had dwindled down to Kislev.
  • AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 1,092
    edited November 2019
    Tibi088 said:

    I havent heard that yet. I was pretty sure that Araby would come sooner or later and was looking really forward to it - mostly because of their placeholder comment in regards of the crusaders around the release of the game. Im really saddened by this news. Still its better to know than waiting for something that will (most likely) never come. It would have been even better if they had told us earlier instead of letting false hope build. With this the number of things I really look forward to (with any decent chance of happening) had dwindled down to Kislev.

    Can you imagine what effect will be when they are created?
    Just imagine:
    The Lordpacks are coming to an end, the CA announce that in fact there is one more DLC left and this is not a Lordpack, and literally on the Announcement day it is announced that it is Arabia.

    How do you think? will it be a bomb? Will players buy this? Will this raise reviews for the game? They will snatch huge benefits from this step.
    And at the same time, annoying fans of camels will leave them alone for a while.

Sign In or Register to comment.