Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

problem with start_pos_

KambienKambien Posts: 7Registered Users
Hello. I have been learning modding for a little bit now and am now trying a more ambitious mod which adds a new starting faction to the game. I have used dave to edit many files to implement a new character, create the faction, set the colours, banners, starting items (several ceos files), political party, faction group, and start_pos files. I have so far edited start_pos_characters, start_pos_factions, start_pos_settlements, start_pos_settlment_to_characters, start_pos_victory_conditions, and start_pos_technologies. I ran the initial mod in bob for all the binary files for the Database and Ceos, then launched the game with the mod active. Then re-ran bob with the working_data for main_campaing to create the start_pos. Bob runs fine until it gets through the entire list then gives me this error:

"Startpos file not found after running the game!
Failed to restore original game startpos file! The original file is: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Total War THREE KINGDOMS/assembly_kit/binaries/../../data/campaigns/3k_main_campaign_map/startpos_backup_historical.esf"

That file directory does not exist in my binaries folder as there is only one folder in there and it has no sub folders. I have double and triple checked my start_pos files for errors and dependencies and am not finding any noticeable errors. Is it possible that this is not running because I am missing the necessary backup file. Or does this simply mean there is something missing somewhere in my tables. I have checked every variable in the nearly 40+ files that I have edited, and I am coming up empty handed for what could be wrong.

Comments

• KambienKambien Posts: 7Registered Users
    to simplify my question is whether this error indicates that my tables are incomplete or that I am missing a backup file.

I noticed in another mod that adds factions that the mod has scripts, text files, and maps for each faction. I was using a generic blank map for my faction. But did not have a script file or text file. Do i need to make these files for the start_pos to compile?
    I think I have tracked the problem down to a corrupted file. Somehow my start_pos_character file is not being registered by bob, nor can i export it to binary. When bob runs the start_pos it doesnt register that file. Anyone have any suggestions how I can restore this file without losing all of my other work?
    This issue has been resolved.
    Im having a related issue. I have determined that there is a problem between start_pos and custom ceos data. I created a new character for this mod to lead the faction and similar to my previous mods created new ceos data. However the start_pos_characters fails in BoB if I use any created ceos. Anyone have any suggestions why this might be happening?

Also I have noticed that when i export my binaries the start_pos_characters fails to export .loc and .txt files for localization (not sure if this is related).
  • zoner16zoner16 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Kambien said:

This issue has been resolved.

Could you elaborate? I'm running into the same problem and don't know what the fix is.
    @zoner16 for me the problem ended up being an incompatibility between my start_pos and my ceos. I had to edit another 4 to 5 tables to get it to work. The error I talked about in the first post seems to be an all purpose error for if you have incomplete or erroneous data. I would go back and check through your dependency graphs for anything you might have missed.
  • xerxerxerxer Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2019
    What is meaning '' being an incompatibility between my start_pos and my ceos''

ceo's mean ''ceos tables''? like (ceo_groups, ceo_permissions)

If possible can you give more information please?

I gas same problem here

https://ibb.co/10qSZWB