Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

You’d better not snitch…

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,760
    edited November 2019
    Crossil said:

RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

The only thing that could possibly upset me about this DLC is shoehorning Throt's creations into the Eshin faction.. that would be painful.

And why not? Not like Eshin has any of its own stuff to add so clearly they'll have to take from other clans.
    I'm just saying.. it would hurt me..
    Why would they shoehorn it in? You think they'd make Snikch have mad Moulder unit buffing skills and special buildings unlocking Moulder units be specific to his faction?

If they did an Eshin Lord and Moulder units it would do nothing more than be an Eshin Lord buffing Eshin units and then the Moulder units would unlock for usage for all of Skavendom. I fail to see that being a major problem or even hindering Thrott coming later and having mechanics and skills for his already existing units.
    Except that then you would have to buy a separate DLC to play Throt's DLC campaign with his actual units. Bonus points if Throt's game 3 in which case you need to first buy an entirely different game.
    Or Thrott is FLC in which case they'd just be pulling a staggered Tiktaq'to.

I do however agree it all sounds very convoluted.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,951
    edited November 2019
    RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

The only thing that could possibly upset me about this DLC is shoehorning Throt's creations into the Eshin faction.. that would be painful.

And why not? Not like Eshin has any of its own stuff to add so clearly they'll have to take from other clans.
    I'm just saying.. it would hurt me..
    Why would they shoehorn it in? You think they'd make Snikch have mad Moulder unit buffing skills and special buildings unlocking Moulder units be specific to his faction?

If they did an Eshin Lord and Moulder units it would do nothing more than be an Eshin Lord buffing Eshin units and then the Moulder units would unlock for usage for all of Skavendom. I fail to see that being a major problem or even hindering Thrott coming later and having mechanics and skills for his already existing units.
    Except that then you would have to buy a separate DLC to play Throt's DLC campaign with his actual units. Bonus points if Throt's game 3 in which case you need to first buy an entirely different game.
    Or Thrott is FLC in which case they'd just be pulling a staggered Tiktaq'to.
    The one, single clan that has large enough contingent of units to fill out a DLC on its own is Moulder. The other one with something is Skryre but they too are DLC so you can't go that route. So how much Moulder would you get? One or two units? You can't take from Skryre, they are DLC, you don't have anything that fits Eshin, the few ambivalent options are better with Thanquol, so you are left with what? Options that don't ever fit Eshin?

Add a couple Moulder units, the one thing that Throt has going for him as a character is the units he has created. Lokhir and Tiktaq'to don't have connections with Kharibdyss and the flying unit I forgot the name in reality, but Throt literally functions by his units. How many would you force me to buy as a separate DLC, while only having Rat Ogres and Hellpit Abomination here?
    RikRiorik said:

I do however agree it all sounds very convoluted.

It does, yes. Hopefully, it's just a red herring.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,021
    Heh, I'm just glad it's Skaven vs Someone and Festtag will not be sullied by too many knife-ears.

• Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,153
    Deathmaster VS Darkblade?
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • kbbarricskbbarrics Registered Users Posts: 38
    Snitches get stitches, and who gives stitches... Throt.
  • VemberVember Registered Users Posts: 102

So it’s Deathmaster Snikch versus perhaps Shadowblade? If yes, it would be a big skip-skip on my part, assassins are so far the most boring characters in TWW, at least for me and DE are my least favorite faction so far.

The good news is that Throt will come later, perhaps with a Kislev crossover LP or something more related to Clan Moulder’s whereabouts - if yes, I couldn’t be more into it!

DE are my favorite :) hate Lizardmen tho, was hoping this wasn't (yet) another LM update.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    hanesdav said:

I am very dissapointed. Clan Eshin is FLC material. Developers basically chose the cheapest option they could find.

Quite the opposite for me

Eshin. YES please!

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,797

hanesdav said:

I am very dissapointed. Clan Eshin is FLC material. Developers basically chose the cheapest option they could find.

Eshin. YES please!

What precisely are you expecting to be so hyped about it?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

The DLC being only half-polluted by Elves.

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Master Assassins, Eshin Triads, Eshin Sorcerors and perhaps some of the other missing units not related to Moulder. That could make me excited too. Somewhat at least. As it stands Eshin is my favourite Great Clan. Units wouldn't be as flashy as a Moulder LP though I guess.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Master Assassins, Eshin Triads, Eshin Sorcerors and perhaps some of the other missing units not related to Moulder. That could make me excited too. Somewhat at least. As it stands Eshin is my favourite Great Clan. Units wouldn't be as flashy as a Moulder LP though I guess.
    Well, if that's the lineup the DLC will be a bust. I hope they're not slavishly adding units that are solely Eshin themed because that's about all units the Skaven are not really in need of.

RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Well, if that's the lineup the DLC will be a bust. I hope they're not slavishly adding units that are solely Eshin themed because that's about all units the Skaven are not really in need of.
    Even if that were true there'd be another half of the LP to consider.
  • MrProsMrPros Registered Users Posts: 24
    Begone throt!
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,223
    Last chance to get Verminlord fingers crossed this time around.

Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    This is the biggest red herring CA has done to date. This is an OBVIOUS misdirection tease right here. I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid and i'm still saying its Clan Moulder and Throt (Or even Thanquol)

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Well, the other half is Elf, so that's an automatic put-off.

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,823

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

let it be helf at least. i use them in mp when i am lazy.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • RazmirthRazmirth Registered Users Posts: 2,235
    OOOOOOHHH yes. My favourite assassin in all skavendom is coming!!

Nice. Now I’ll stick him in my stacks and he will be my only eshin unit I’ll use. Since I don’t currently use the other ones...but oh man it’s gonna be good!
  • HamadhunterHamadhunter Registered Users Posts: 789
    I am on Kelefane side kind because here.

RICH confirm already a Fan Favorite will come, so why CA shoudl teaser a no name chrachter?

Even as Highlight!

I mean here, as they show P&W the doomsphere, by H&B a recrute paper, both things highlight that was the most unique about the dlc.

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Edgy Elves or Snooty Elves...I want them both gutted and eviscerated!

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,597
    Somehow i still think Thanquol will be the fan favorite LL
  • NameAlreadyExistsNameAlreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 126
    Seems to me, people are overreacting a little bit here...

DLCs got better and better over time with "the hunter and the beast" being one of the best lord packs so far. I can't see, why this should'nt be the case with the new dlc here aswell, even if it's not covering the Legendary Lord you were expecting.

I'm looking forward to the the upcoming news and feel pretty confident, that I won't be disappointed by the dlc in the end.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,972
    Greenskins revamp delayed for ratboyz?

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Master Assassins... yes we really need assassin lords that can'T assassinate, rather than a tankier melee hero like the Chieftain. we really need a third generic wizard character rather than maybe a Grey Seer LL...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,823

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Edgy Elves or Snooty Elves...I want them both gutted and eviscerated!
    totally agree and sell the she-Elves to salneesh worshipers
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,153
    edited November 2019
    Cortes31 said:

Deathmaster VS Darkblade?

Deathmaster VS Darkblade it is and I like it B)

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/254708/the-shadow-and-the-blade/p1
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.

RikRiorik said:

hanesdav said:

Eshin. YES please!

Master Assassins... yes we really need assassin lords that can'T assassinate, rather than a tankier melee hero like the Chieftain. we really need a third generic wizard character rather than maybe a Grey Seer LL...
    I’m glad you get my point my cheery friend!
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,102
    Whilst an ‘assassin’ theme is less interesting than a ‘beastmaster’ theme to me personally, I would much prefer Eshin-themed units to Moulder-themed ones (am tired of monster mash).

Could be interesting...
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,052

Whilst an ‘assassin’ theme is less interesting than a ‘beastmaster’ theme to me personally, I would much prefer Eshin-themed units to Moulder-themed ones (am tired of monster mash).

Could be interesting...

but what is actally left for clan eshin to add unit wise?

My understanding was that we got there untis from day 1 with assasins, night and gutter runners...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    SiWI said:

Could be interesting...

but what is actally left for clan eshin to add unit wise?

My understanding was that we got there untis from day 1 with assasins, night and gutter runners...
    Eshin trained rat ogres.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'