Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Monstrous infantry for DE

ViktorTWWforumViktorTWWforum Registered Users Posts: 1,116
Hi everyone. Quick question to the forum : do you think that medusaes as new unit class ( monstrous inf. )for this faction will be as useful for DE as it were caster lord and warlocks in previous DLC ?
Tagged:

Comments

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,651
    It will be, u dont have to rely on corsairs, medusa + bleaks would be better off vs certain builds
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 1,960
    My guess is they will be quite similar to sepuchral stalkers. Mobile blocker unit should be quite useful for them.
  • BordigaBordiga Registered Users Posts: 287
    I think you are mistaken, it seems to me that they are a single entity monster.

Best to wait and see......

All opinions my own.

Medieval II is still the best Total War.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,291
    Possibly they are SE monstrous inf like Gorebull.
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 1,960
    It says they are a ranged/melee hybrid monster, so that's neat. Hopefully it won't be as broken as ancient salamanders were on release.
  • ZeblaskyZeblasky Registered Users Posts: 506
    Loupi_ said:

It says they are a ranged/melee hybrid monster, so that's neat. Hopefully it won't be as broken as ancient salamanders were on release.

I hope so as well, but almost all hybrid units start as either underpowered or OP on release usually. CA did find greal balancing spots for most of them though, but it can take from a few patches to a few years like with the Sisters of Thorn.
    If they r made to be single and not monster inf, the impact would be minimal, pretty much inconsequential at all. The entity slot killed all monsters in that category, its really only reserved for dragons and hydras
  • fierbali111fierbali111 Registered Users Posts: 20
    yst said:

If they r made to be single and not monster inf, the impact would be minimal, pretty much inconsequential at all. The entity slot killed all monsters in that category, its really only reserved for dragons and hydras

Yea if its a single monster then it will probably be pretty useless like the karybdiss. Dark elves dont have much mass and need to use cold one knights or maybe witchelves to stop units from pushing through.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    yst said:

It is a Single Entity so RIP Medusa, DOA...
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• OrkLadsOrkLads Registered Users Posts: 1,875
    OdTengri said:

yst said:

Nah, depends on the specifics of it's range attack.

Cygor, Bone Giant, Necrofex, Steam tank all have good niches even if some need tweaks here and there. We will need to know more before we can judge
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    OrkLads said:

OdTengri said:

yst said:

Nah, depends on the specifics of it's range attack.

Cygor, Bone Giant, Necrofex, Steam tank all have good niches even if some need tweaks here and there. We will need to know more before we can judge
    I'm being facetious
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

All depends on her range now. Definitely offers delf a new way to play