Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressGame won't launch

2»

Comments

• Simon86Simon86 Registered Users Posts: 18
    So okay after a few days i figured it out. I have to run total war warhammer 2 as Admin and Total War Warhammer not! :D

I dont know why but now i can run both games.
  • NerdatronNerdatron Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same problem as everyone else. Although I know for a fact it is my laptop that is causing the problem because it works perfectly on my desktop. So its not the game itself
  • NerdatronNerdatron Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same problem as everyone else. Although I know for a fact it is my laptop that is causing the problem because it works perfectly on my desktop.

EDIT: I went to %APPDATA% in my search, found "the Creative assembly" folder. Deleted the entire folder. Then restarted steam, verified game and it started right up. I even did a couple turns to make sure. That worked for me guys, i hope you can get it running too.
    edited October 2017
    Ah okay now i understand, not the game is the Problem, the Problem are our PCs. :D

So sorry Bro, i got the sincing Problem from time to time since part 1 on three different PCs with two different Windows Versions. ;)
    Post edited by Simon86 on
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,036
    Hi Everyone,

Firstly I apologise response time on this post.

Secondly if it's possible could people who have submitted a ticket to Sega Customer Support be able to give us their ticket number so we can investigate this further.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    My Ticketnumber was #207549. Why does other Threads with the same problems got closed by the answer “Author of this Post solved the problem by his own“, when other people in this Thread tried to figure out a working solution at the same time?

Sorry for my english, its a little bit rusted.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,398
    edited October 2017
    Simon86 said:

Why does other Threads with the same problems got closed by the answer “Author of this Post solved the problem by his own“, when other people in this Thread tried to figure out a working solution at the same time?

Possibly because there are several reasons that could cause the game not to launch, so not everyone has the exact same problem (cause) - just the same symptom (effect). Imagine two people have cars that won't start(effect): one has a flat battery (cause) and the other has no fuel (cause).

Also, not everyone who solves their problem tells how they did it.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • DerxiusDerxius Registered Users Posts: 12
    edited October 2017
    CA_Nate said:

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I apologise response time on this post.

Secondly if it's possible could people who have submitted a ticket to Sega Customer Support be able to give us their ticket number so we can investigate this further.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

My SEGA support ticket was 207724. The guy I talked to gave me the same troubleshooting tips I told him I'd already tried.

UPDATE: A few days later and I'm back to square one. The game won't launch, I click play in Steam, it loads for a second, syncs then nada. The launcher just won't start. I uploaded my dxdiag in the original post but I'm at a loss for what to do. Tried everything already advised plus uninstalled steam retried from scratch but a few days later it's not working again.
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,036
    Hi @Derxius

We currently have our QA Team investigating this issue.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • DrackussDrackuss Registered Users Posts: 12
    Hi, not sure if it helps but I have a similar issue. Can't get the initial 'splash' screen to load unless I launch TWW1 but even then play and continue campaign do nothing. Was working fine on 14th October then played up 15th October after some windows updates. Tried full system restore with no luck and followed advice on rolling back update KB4041676 but no luck. Also tried updating my graphics driver but still no luck - I'd left on an older version as I found newer crashed TWW1!

System restore usually helps in the "it worked yesterday" situation, really stuck now and don't want to re-install steam if I can help it as it will take so long to do. If I can provide any details on my setup to help QA please let me know what would be helpful.
  • s4ccios4ccio Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 68
    edited October 2017
    Post edited by s4ccio on
  • ihq47ihq47 Registered Users Posts: 66
    For me the game crashed on the loading screen when playing the campaign (didn't try custom battles), so it's a somewhat different issue, but similar. In any case, installing the big Windows 10 update that just came out seemed to fix it for me (though old modded saves don't work). You hear you have to manually update it, so be sure to do that to get it (just asking Win Update to look for updates got it for me). It's a big one with some new features to the OS, so reserve a long time for the installation.

I hope this fixes the issue for people on this thread!
    edited October 2017
    I have the latest update for Windows 10 , number 1709 Fall creator update, but i still have this issue
  • k10k10 Registered Users Posts: 19
    My ticket is #209603
    Try running the .exe under steamapps as an admin. Works for me but not ideal
    Yeah that works for me, but I can't access the launcher through that which means no mods :(
    This has started working for me now. I think HP released an update which has made it work again
    edited October 2017
    Here we are again... it doesn't work again...

I solved the problem days ago uninstalling completely steam and all the games, installing Warhammer 2 it solved the problem.
    Today after the Mortal Empires patch I have this issue again...
    I really don't want to uninstall everything again...

Please.

I did already everything, verified game cache, deleted the Creative Assembly folder under appdata, EVERYTHING.

edit : I added the log file...

Please help, I waited so much for this update... I don't want to uninstall all the games again and hope that it will work until the next patch that will mess up everything again...
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • AIRWOLF9AIRWOLF9 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Glad to see there are plenty of others having the same issue with their game... And having read through this whole thread it's a damn shame they 1. Took so long to reply and 2. Still don't have it FIXED!

I didn't buy both of your warhammer games to play file digger with the oh so fun reinstall mini game.
  • MichuX1MichuX1 Registered Users Posts: 14
    My ticket number is 218483. Also i comment on the other forum about my problem but sadly nothing they advise work for me.
    Nearly 3 months later and no more word from CA.

An update somewhere seems to have fixed my game (for now) but I think it's pretty crazy that I had to wait this long to get essentially no answer. All these other poor people with problems ongoing who aren't being helped either.

I purchased the Serpent God edition and the High King edition before it. I did this because I love Total War and Warhammer both but I've been really disappointed with the responses I've had to my issues, especially after I spent around £300 maybe on both games (so far) .

Luckily I love the game but I'll seriously consider where I spend my money in the future due to this fairly unpleasant experience. It's sad to see loyal customers (my first game was Shogun) put on the backburner.

All the best guys.
  • TallestdavidTallestdavid Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    Sorry where do we post a ticket? I have this issue as well
  • TallestdavidTallestdavid Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    Derxius said:

Nearly 3 months later and no more word from CA.

An update somewhere seems to have fixed my game (for now) but I think it's pretty crazy that I had to wait this long to get essentially no answer. All these other poor people with problems ongoing who aren't being helped either.

I purchased the Serpent God edition and the High King edition before it. I did this because I love Total War and Warhammer both but I've been really disappointed with the responses I've had to my issues, especially after I spent around £300 maybe on both games (so far) .

Luckily I love the game but I'll seriously consider where I spend my money in the future due to this fairly unpleasant experience. It's sad to see loyal customers (my first game was Shogun) put on the backburner.

All the best guys.

They said to leave a ticket we could have different issues same aftermath
    Hey Everyone,

If you wish to leave a ticket for Customer support please follow the link below:

http://www.sega.co.uk/support

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

• velhaguardavelhaguarda Registered Users Posts: 1
    Guys i found the solution, install Microsoft C++ 2017 both, (vc_redist.x64.exe) and (vc_redist.x86.exe) you can download it in the support.microsoft.com, if it didn't work, uninstall all vc_redist and reinstall all version 2010, 2012,2013,2017.
    Hope it works, i've uninstalled the C+ 2017 for some reason, and it make launcher stop working.
  • Cpotthoff1Cpotthoff1 Registered Users Posts: 36
    Hey guys I feel your pain. I haven't been able to play since launch and frankly I am so disappointed in the fact that for such a good game the customer support base is narrowed down to a freaking forum. Or maybe instead of two people working to solve these issues you have dozens. The way I am seeing this fellas is it looks like we will not be able to play another war-hammer game until the third one which is very disheartening. The least these guys could do is come out and say " Hey guys we are really sorry but we cant help you with the issue right now we will do our best to give you a refund and look into the issue and get back to you when we fixed it." yeah right like that will ever happen. You see we are the forgotten few who will never get noticed. Because among the 1000s who purchase the game we are looked upon as the unfortunate casualties. I say if anyone ever manages to fix any of these issues I would be absolutely shocked ha ha. The lack of accountability is just something of a work of art.
  • MazkuMazku Registered Users Posts: 1
    I manage get both total war warhammer games launch by doing Defragment the disk driver on both disk drivers one is C standard and other created one D where my games are. I then restarted computer and then both games work now. I dont know what caused problem games in first place, but i know that warhammer 1 worked fine at july 2017 then at september 2017 when i buyed warhammer 2 both starters didint work only warhammer 2 exe
    then later warhammer 2 exe didint work either.
    This might work for those that warhammer 1 worked fine in first place but after long time might not start.
    I used Defragger tool for this.
  • mathiasx91mathiasx91 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hey there, so, I was having an issue with launching TW WH2

First time I installed it i couldn't get it to go past the Total War Launcher, tried various solutions and launching it 20+ times.

Eventually reinstalled it, and THOUGHT that had done the trick.

Played for a few days, then, when I woke up one and tried to launch again, same issue as the day i bought it, launcher came up, hit play, no mods, would launch to a promising black screen, and then after about 30 seconds - a minute of waiting, would revert to desktop. No error crashing or w/e i could detect.

Spent a few hours for online solutions, then realized what must have been different when the game was working in the middle for me and tried it kind of randomly, not hoping for much.

But I had noticed that when I had been able to play Warhammer 2, is only when I've had my laptop hooked up, through an HDMI, to my TV. When I don't have it duplicated to an HDMI display, I cannot get the game to launch, but plug it in, and it launches next attempt. Dunno why, but hope it helps someone else.
  • Janissary_MLJanissary_ML Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    I did everyhting but still does not working. When click to Total war Warhammer icon on desktop each time loading steam client and Microsoft directx for windows than launcher opening after that when click to start just being a black screen and coming back to desktop. I downloaded 18 gb for the game but does not working :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file