Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Medusas for Beastmen

Subr1185Subr1185 Registered Users Posts: 35
So as you know, in the next DLC, Medusas are coming to TW: WH2 - the thing is, they are in the Dark Elf faction. In my opinion, they should be a part of the Beastmen faction. That's what the Beastmen are all about - part human, part animal/monster. Also, they have no female characters, and thus could use the diversity. What do you guys think? Don't you agree?

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,395
    edited December 2019
    The Medusae in this universe are former Dark Elves. Think of Driders from Forgotten Realms.
    Post edited by Canuovea on
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,097
    *cries in Harpy*
  • 10101010 Registered Users Posts: 246
    Draxynnic said:

*cries in Harpy*

+ 1
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,485
    There DE that have been cursed so it wouldn't make much sense plus there are two other creatures I'm sure BM fans would want first

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,262
    I don't want a scaly Elf! Give me a Ghorgon, a Jabber, or a Preyton
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    A Medusa is a former dark elf mage if I‘m not mistaken. Why such a creature should be available for BM is beyond me.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,080
    No.

Believe in humanity!
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,297
    Beauty and the Beast, I guess. :s
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 858
    Why? They have nothing in common.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,508
    I am getting the impression that the OP is influenced by Heroes of Might & Magic somewhat, where Medusas appear alongside minotaurs and harpies, among other things.

I might be wrong - but just to clarify: Warhammer has its own internal logic and histories. Medusas are a Dark Elf thing there.
  • WothanazWothanaz Registered Users Posts: 82
    No, there is no lore reasons for Medusas to be part of the Beastmen.
    From the Dark Elf army Book.

It is said that the the Bloodwrack Medusae were Sorceresses of Ghrond who used their magics and blood-feasting rituals to become more beautiful than even the gods. In so doing, they came to the attention of the goddess Atharti, who is vain beyond measure and suffers no mortal competition. In retribution, the Goddess of Pleasure stripped the upstart mortals of their beauteous forms and caged them in pain-wracked, serpentine bodies. Even this punishment she deemed insufficient, and so she reduced their minds to be little more than those of beasts. Atharti left only one sliver of awareness to her victims, enough that they might always remember with torment the beauty and power they had once possessed
    Warhammer almost quoting Heraclitus:
    "Is not the only constant in the universe change? some day all this will be dust, and even the stars above us will flicker and grow dim. Your life is but a tiny candle in the darkness, and your death an afterthought shorn of meaning by its insignificance. Come, little one, and let me show you how your flame can burn bright..."
    -Vilitreska, Lord of the Flux
  • SielgaudysSielgaudys Registered Users Posts: 99
    edited December 2019
    No, read their lore. They are former sorceresses that got cursed by elf goddess Atharti.
  • Subr1185Subr1185 Registered Users Posts: 35
    Guys, guys, CHILL! As I said in the previous comment, the reason I feel Medusas are appropriate for Beastmen is that they are half-human, half-beast, and that fits the Beastmen theme. That's it.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,525
    they aren't half-human, but half-elve anyway
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,396
    Theoretically you could add them to Chaos as Gorgons, which were a chaos unit in the old days. Alternatively, someone could add them as the Naga from Khuresh. Can't see either happening, though.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    Subr1185 said:

Also, they have no female characters, and thus could use the diversity. What do you guys think? Don't you agree?

I think you don't know anything about the setting and you need to be condemned as a HERETIC and BY SIGMAR cleansed by HOLY FIRE.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• DarokDarok Registered Users Posts: 48
    I could understand the request for feral manticore or hydra since they are chaos aligned beasts but the medusas are more dark elves sorcery going the wrong way.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,262
    Darok said:

I could understand the request for feral manticore or hydra since they are chaos aligned beasts but the medusas are more dark elves sorcery going the wrong way.

A non-War Hydra could work actually. Normal hydras exist around the Old World, but are smaller and don't breathe fire but are venomous.