Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Shadow & The Blade - Legendary Lord Hub

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 495
edited December 2019 in General Discussion

Soon it will be time to take on The Shadow & The Blade. Will you choose Malus Darkblade, spite and endless hatred given form? Or Deathmaster Snikch, whose infamy is only exceeded by the mystery surrounding his whereabouts?

If you need more information before you make your choice, we’ve got some here: https://www.totalwar.com/games/warhammer-ii/the-shadow-the-blade/

Be fast: 12 December draws closer, and you have to pick a side…

Comments

• RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 553
    Holy **** that ME map update, thank you CA. The new start positions are looking awesome!
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 786
    Interesting looks like they're being placed very close to the Dark Lands for when game 3 drops.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,072
    edited December 2019
    The mortal Empire maps have been expanded east!!

Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,640
    omg dragon isles! :o
    of course Darkblade is my choice B)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,929
    I like new part of map on the east. Kroq-Gar and Khalida will be more interesting in Mortal Empires.

I have one suggestion. I think you should add The Sea of Dread province with Tor Elasor under Dragon Islands. High Elves faction will add more diversity to this area.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    edited December 2019
    It was never in doubt. @Maedrethnir and @Kelefane the stars are aligning.
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 392
    Abit more map and we will end up in WH3 ^^
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,831
    Poor Malus, he ain't gonna see much of his city Hag Graef :smiley: it would take like 30 turns to get him home

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • AnglocanerAnglocaner Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 52
    Labria said:

I like new part of map on the east. Kroq-Gar and Khalida will be more interesting in Mortal Empires.

I have one suggestion. I think you should add The Sea of Dread province with Tor Elasor under Dragon Islands. High Elves faction will add more diversity to this area.

Do i smell Imrik on that island? Next DLC confirmed
    Veni, vidi, vici
  • ArtfactialArtfactial Registered Users Posts: 265
    Ohwow. Eshin of course had to be in the east...slowly creeping towards the badlands!:3

Also, Malus used to never refer to himself as Darkblade, it was a smear from his rivals as dark blades are 'flawed things'.
    But I can imagine him having taken it up along the way.;)
    Very interested how the Malekith/Darkblade relation will unfold!
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,459
    edited December 2019
    Araby confirmed!

And Nagash just phoned. He'll be home shortly.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ErgiosErgios Registered Users Posts: 236
    crazycrix said:

Poor Malus, he ain't gonna see much of his city Hag Graef :smiley: it would take like 30 turns to get him home

Unless he commits suicide and gets back five turns later. :D

Love the look of that updated ME map.
  • Nightwarrior17Nightwarrior17 Registered Users Posts: 32
    How does Malus Black Arks leave the East Seas?
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,064
    Content! Must have more content! Content is AWESOME!
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,215
    Spite: Larger than most others of its kind, the ferocious Cold One named ‘Spite’ is truly a creature fit for a heartless murderer like Malus Darkblade

Not that i complain but wasn't he supposed to be smaller

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771

Spite: Larger than most others of its kind, the ferocious Cold One named ‘Spite’ is truly a creature fit for a heartless murderer like Malus Darkblade

No.
    edited December 2019

No.
    Guess I just missremember him being smarter but smaller

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,657
    crazycrix said:

You just die charging a settlement with Malus alone and probably restart in Hag Greaf 5 turns later ;)

------Red Dox
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 6,704

As I recall he was smaller when he was younger. In the last book GW super-size him, he is refered to as 30 foot long there, which is a bit ridiculous, more like a carnosaur than a Cold One!
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,831

How does Malus Black Arks leave the East Seas?

It doesn't :smiley:

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,486
    Outstanding presentation. I think previous DLC didn't have this kind of polished website? Looks really, really good.
  • ArtfactialArtfactial Registered Users Posts: 265
    edited December 2019

blockquote class="Quote" rel="Goatforce">
    As I recall he was smaller when he was younger. In the last book GW super-size him, he is refered to as 30 foot long there, which is a bit ridiculous, more like a carnosaur than a Cold One!

Huh, that is interesting.
    In the books Spite is referred to as a runt that had to survive on its wits in the warrens and is pretty much always dwarfed by other Cold Ones. But I suppose a decent time has passed since then.:3<
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,733

He was smaller in the book when Malus first bought him, but he could have grown over time. The armybooks from both 7th and 8th edition had Spite being significantly more powerful than a normal cold one.
    Goatforce said:

Oh ok that's probably why I got confused

• redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 442
    I wonder if they will move Tretch Craventail seeing that Crookback Mountain may be in the game now?
  • rothamon81rothamon81 AustriaRegistered Users Posts: 149
    Nice, finally the exact explanation of every special skill instead of previously onimous. And oh my god, new map additions on ME map in the southeast corner. Nagashizzar!! ;)
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 32,686

I wonder if they will move Tretch Craventail seeing that Crookback Mountain may be in the game now?

It was in the game before, just not a separate region.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,459
    I always love those map changes that come with updates. I thought i liked the one before this with the addition of more settlements in the Empire and then Albion but this one looks sooo yummy.

And you get to start in those lands with both Lords in ME. Looking good mamacita.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • kbbarricskbbarrics Registered Users Posts: 40
    Maybe move Tretch Craventail to Crookback mtn?
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 280
    The new map addition is awesome! Southern Darklands here I come :D