Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia possible changes in upcomming Patch

Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,479
LIsten to this guy, he has some good ideas.

to summarize:

-Give Bretonnia Lord better item options
-Damsels and Prophetesses: make aura of the lady a targetable buff with +25% magic ress to help their cav against like spirit leech and stuff
-Paladin: Remove Guardian, give him some active armour sundering and slow hex to help him hunt down heavy armoured SEM. Or make him pure AP with cost increase. This guy just helps Bretonnia againstt low-mid armoured SEM, which are not a problem for them anyway.
- Grail Reliquae: Give some MA/MD buffs for a cut in LD buff or aura radius decrease.
- Green Knight: Give him like low dmg explosion to help him free from chaff and stay on target. He costs a ton of gold and it's not that useful, becasue can get easily be boged down by chaff.
- Wardens of Monfort Decrease their cost or give them more melee stats
- Blessed Treb No friendly fire whatsoever. Holy water does no dmg to the champions of the lady.

Comments

• AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,242
    Give pegasi to damsels. Give lore of light.
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 4,878
    In my humblest of opinions the next person to add another snare to the game should get fired.

We need factions to have tools to do skillful plays, but we don't need tools to remove the skill of the opponent. It destroys the game play.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 4,878

I'll drop this here as well, wouldn't ballistas in Bret be an interesting addition?
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 1,956
    The lore i want would be fire/shadow

I wanted metal the most but that would be a bit too much in removing Bret weakness

But to op
    The buff i wanted the most is damsel and prophetess magic resist target
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,727

In my humblest of opinions the next person to add another snare to the game should get fired.

With so many nets/snares we can now add counterplay to it. I think units with Strider should be immune to nets for example.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,242
    I didn't bring up lore of light for the net, I brought it because it fits more than the rest. And because themes aren't exactly relevant to balance, all i have to say is if bretonnia is where we should draw the line on nets, then the lines have been rendered blurry loooong time ago.
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,479
    Yeah Damsels could have an active ability that gives a targeted unit immune to slow/net becasue it's getting ludicrous how much CC this game has right now. ANd if Bretonnia is all about mobility then some counterplay to nets slows would be good to have.
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Registered Users Posts: 1,875
    tank3487 said:

With so many nets/snares we can now add counterplay to it. I think units with Strider should be immune to nets for example.
    That seems like a really good idea, or some variation on it.
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Registered Users Posts: 1,556
    Oh hey, it's my vid!
    Those were just some thoughts I had on brets. I think that the faction is almost in a great spot, but their weakness to armored monsters stacked on halberds is a killer, so a lot of my suggestions, especially for lords/heroes, were oriented at making them more viable counters.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
  • ThibixMagnusThibixMagnus Registered Users Posts: 515
    yes bretonnia could be a good start to experiment counter-nets, or more generally a purge ability that removes all effects / makes a unit immune to all effects for a short time (poor WE though, but they need more toys too).

Also a Prayer global ability is still missing! Maybe simply a defensive waaagh or something, knights only. A % chance to avoid damage so it helps against cannons and nukes.

Wyvern2 said:

Oh hey, it's my vid!
    Those were just some thoughts I had on brets. I think that the faction is almost in a great spot, but their weakness to armored monsters stacked on halberds is a killer, so a lot of my suggestions, especially for lords/heroes, were oriented at making them more viable counters.

nice vid man
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,361
    Its pretty much the summary of whats being discussed to death here. Except the part about lords and damsels which r less focused and even more so with now repanse and gotrek felix.

Reliq is just bad overall unless ure planning for a 10-15+ inf spam otherwise so much better off vetting up with those cash or simply getting ror inf. Frikking cart is $250 how in the world reliq costs double
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Reliq has to cost more, this has something to do with asymmetrical and Bretonnia benefits more from their main line holding up then VC, that being said, i do think that this unit is pretty much trash right now both in MP and SP. Some MA/MD or frenzy buff for the main line inf units woul dbe great.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259

I'll drop this here as well, wouldn't ballistas in Bret be an interesting addition?

+1
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Registered Users Posts: 211
    meh bretonnia is comparably bland to the other factions, I think that the lack of content for them is cyclical.

they're uninteresting/uninspired compared to other factions => less popular in sales => less time/effort/creativity put into developing them => they're uninteresting/uninspired

Bretonnia is a bland pastiche of romantic medieval fiction with a grimdark edge while also having less of the everyman qualities that the Empire has. They end up being both too vanilla and yet not appealing enough to the majority seeking a (bear with me) 'down to earth' experience. Nothing wrong with liking them, but you also can't force everyone else to be interested in them as well. They;'re getting even more material than the demand required as is, let Bretonnia be bretonnia

meh bretonnia is comparably bland to the other factions, I think that the lack of content for them is cyclical.

they're uninteresting/uninspired compared to other factions => less popular in sales => less time/effort/creativity put into developing them => they're uninteresting/uninspired

Bretonnia is a bland pastiche of romantic medieval fiction with a grimdark edge while also having less of the everyman qualities that the Empire has. They end up being both too vanilla and yet not appealing enough to the majority seeking a (bear with me) 'down to earth' experience. Nothing wrong with liking them, but you also can't force everyone else to be interested in them as well. They;'re getting even more material than the demand required as is, let Bretonnia be bretonnia

this is just **** and you have nothing really to say.
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 1,956

It is a personal taste

but what you say about bret applies to almost all faction in wh universe which is based on tolkien + mythology
    arguably, the most unique is DE and SKV

• WitchbladeWitchblade Registered Users Posts: 636
    Bretonnia does objectively have a very limited army roster. Based on a quick count, there are 44 units in the roster with major overlap between units, e.g. 3 of those are peasant archers, 4 are men-at-arms and 6 are vanilla casters. Even Dwarfs have 49 units, including the 2 Ethereals.