Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

All Hail the Druchii!

KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,615Registered Users
Where are my hardcore Dark Elf fans at?

You ready to spread the word of Khaine and obliterate that ME map with our new goodies?

Comments

• cugexebudcugexebud Posts: 32Registered Users
    New units are trash, Medusa low armor & very low range, gets melted by any range, chariots just like other chariots nothing special, beastmaster lord seems to only give some melee & charge bonus to large units, but you are sacrificing your lords spot for him and he is neither a fighter or or a sorcerer, think you are still better off with a sorceress, as for Malus health drops crazy fast after you turn him, even with the healing buffs/spells he reaches the cap fast, seems like transforming him is a sure way to loose him ... overall an overhyped dlc with sub-par units, you are better off sticking to shades & dragons / hydras
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 553Registered Users
    Hell yea. Medusa looks like so much fun. Finally gonna play my Dark Elves again. It's been a long time coming.

Bring on the slaves.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,510Registered Users
    Looks good! Just finished the Malus book series today so can't wait to get my hands on him!

@cugexebud ah this is from your great experience using them is it? The youtubers I have seen testing them seem to think they are all pretty good, Scourgerunners may be an autoinclude in many matchups and both medusas seem solid, aparently the RoR medusa is excellent. Will take their word for it over someone who's experience with them is nonexistant.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,336Registered Users
    @cugexebud probably has a point. In campaign they'll be a blast.

Also scourge runners are likely not quite so dull as you're making them out to be. They're anti large AP chariots with AI bonus and they're quite fast. Definitely not a "nothing" unit.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • cugexebudcugexebud Posts: 32Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Looks good! Just finished the Malus book series today so can't wait to get my hands on him!

@cugexebud ah this is from your great experience using them is it? The youtubers I have seen testing them seem to think they are all pretty good, Scourgerunners may be an autoinclude in many matchups and both medusas seem solid, aparently the RoR medusa is excellent. Will take their word for it over someone who's experience with them is nonexistant.

Nope just experience with CA dlcs, just compare to what the Skaven in this and previous dlc, there new range seemed op and it was op, you can already tell if a new dlc makes a faction stronger or is just a niche, like to remember queen & crone, never used the new units for the DE in campaign ... SoS are very squishy, you are better off with black guards for a little extra gold...

As for youtube videos most multiplayer matches I've saw lost, and Malus died in most of them. Some where easy win against the AI ...

• IsrafilIsrafil Posts: 14Registered Users
    I'm excited! Partially cause I love Malus but the new campaign mechanics and Black Ark changes have me pumped.

Being able to attack coastal settlements directly with the arks will really contribute to that "raider" fantasy of the Dark Elves. Currently it doesn't match up with how they're described in lore and feels kind of clunky what with transferring units from the ark to the lord then attacking. Not exactly "hit and run" sort of tactic. Lokhir for one will feel way more intuitive but Naggaroth/Har Ganeth will be improved too in both Vortex and ME, raiding the coast of Ulthuan and Brettonnia respectively.
    Follow me on twitter @perchancetogame. I write about our own End Times - or climate change. But End Times sounds cooler.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,373Registered Users
    edited December 2019
    cugexebud said:

New units are trash, Medusa low armor & very low range, gets melted by any range, chariots just like other chariots nothing special, beastmaster lord seems to only give some melee & charge bonus to large units, but you are sacrificing your lords spot for him and he is neither a fighter or or a sorcerer, think you are still better off with a sorceress, as for Malus health drops crazy fast after you turn him, even with the healing buffs/spells he reaches the cap fast, seems like transforming him is a sure way to loose him ... overall an overhyped dlc with sub-par units, you are better off sticking to shades & dragons / hydras

Lets hear it for Mr. Sunshine!

On Malus and turning him one would surmise that if you’re considering turning him you’re already odds on to lose him so you buy yourself some extra health and offensive power for the chance to make that sacrifice count.
    Post edited by RikRiorik on
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • BorealBoreal Posts: 502Registered Users
    cugexebud said:

The people who have access to the dlc have said that the medusa all versions are very strong. And the the chariots are great for kiting and killing large monster.

Malus transformation health may drop, but it still a completely fresh health bar you get. And again the people playing the dlc have said he is very strong.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,199Registered Users
    Excellent looking units yes...

But you still lose when Malakith trips over a pebble in Ulthuan and

"I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 3,029Registered Users
    There will finally be a DE lord with a fun start outside of Naggarond in ME (I hope so at least), Lokhir was really disappointing.
  • Asurwarrior998Asurwarrior998 Posts: 58Registered Users
    Yes I'm excited! Malus is my favourite Dark Elf outside Malekith himself. The new units look sick! Medusas look brilliant to use in campaign and multilayer they'll just need micromanaging which like all Elf factions masters we know better than anyone (looking at you Asrai). Apart from Malus himself the thing I'm actually looking forward to the most is the new Master hero. They are legit filling the gap I've wanted in Dark Elf heroes since the start. I LOVE Nobles on the high Elves and tomb princes on the tomb kings just the kind of hero they are just does precisely what I want and they have the guardian trait? I can't wait for the bloodwrack shrines and everything is just looking good man.

This might be it for the Druchii, but this is an ending I would take gladly. I didn't even mention beastmasters!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 6,013Registered Users
    I'm not a great fan of Druchii in general but I like Malekith.

I'm not sure about Malus. His campaign mechanic appears to be somewhat frustrating. And I really dislike the fact that you can't permanently embrace daemonic side, even worse, you will lose health if you play with it.

I like only Medusae from the LP. I would have preferred Devoted of Slaanesh for that sweet Tz'arkan focused campaign and Magma Dragons because they look metal.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Khaine1godKhaine1god Posts: 289Registered Users
    ''This might be it for the Druchii, but this is an ending I would take gladly''
    Have you been sniffing warp dust boy?Did your mother drop ya down the iron mountains of Hag Graef when you where born?Count!!!!The lizard boys outmatch us with 1 LL.We need some one to even the scales(pun intened0).
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Posts: 289Registered Users

I'm not sure about Malus. His campaign mechanic appears to be somewhat frustrating. And I really dislike the fact that you can't permanently embrace daemonic side, even worse, you will lose health if you play with it.

I like only Medusae from the LP. I would have preferred Devoted of Slaanesh for that sweet Tz'arkan focused campaign and Magma Dragons because they look metal.

I would have liked a dual option with Malus.1 is following the deamons embrace in the end being devoured by Tz'arkan or path 2 the prophecy of the scourge of khaine,picking up the widowmaker purging the demon and becoming khaines avatar.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 6,013Registered Users

I would have liked a dual option with Malus.1 is following the deamons embrace in the end being devoured by Tz'arkan or path 2 the prophecy of the scourge of khaine,picking up the widowmaker purging the demon and becoming khaines avatar.
    Me too! Maybe in Game3 eh?
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,366Registered Users
    Woohoo! War Emo Elves!
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,336Registered Users

Me too! Maybe in Game3 eh?
    Yes that was my suggestion awhile back. Alas, we got something far from what I wanted. And pretty objectively less rewarding.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,615Registered Users

Woohoo! War Emo Elves!

I'm just a man of culture ;)

• ArtfactialArtfactial Posts: 71Registered Users
    Have been playing tabletop DE since 2000 and love the Malus books (Lee's anyway, haven't yet bothered with the Werder one). Been looking forward to this for a long time.:3
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 748Registered Users
    I'm afraid the scourgerunner chariot will yet be another gimmick unit like warwagons.
    Also, Medusa seem to work just like sepulchral stalkers but with more emphasis on ranged attacks and this has me worried since stalkers are pretty crap.
    cugexebud said:

Goatforce said:

Nope just experience with CA dlcs, just compare to what the Skaven in this and previous dlc, there new range seemed op and it was op, you can already tell if a new dlc makes a faction stronger or is just a niche, like to remember queen & crone, never used the new units for the DE in campaign ... SoS are very squishy, you are better off with black guards for a little extra gold...

As for youtube videos most multiplayer matches I've saw lost, and Malus died in most of them. Some where easy win against the AI ...

Haha, no. SoS are an excellent unit, albiet with a weakness to range - they are neither under or overpowered. I believe in the last Everchosen they were even used well against WEs, suprisingly enough. The Doomfire Warlocks were and are incredibly good, even after being nerfed a bit. All the units on the DE side of the pack look good, maybe they won't be best in every matchup, but it would be a bad sign if they were. I can see medusas being amazing vs races with limited range options for example.

Is this just a troll, DEs have won plenty of their youtube engagements that I've seen, and Malus has almost carried many games on his own.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 516Registered Users
    Kirkwald said:

I'm afraid the scourgerunner chariot will yet be another gimmick unit like warwagons.
    Also, Medusa seem to work just like sepulchral stalkers but with more emphasis on ranged attacks and this has me worried since stalkers are pretty crap.

Hell no. AP Anti large ranged chariot is a godly combination. I think the Gorgon's will fare far worse than the Chariot in the long run. War Wagon was dead on arrival, these things have the speed to actually protect themselves.
    Also Gorgon's have far better animations than the Stalkers, which makes them harder to pin down and kill. Plus their ranged attack actually has an impact unlike Stalkers.

Kirkwald said:

Hell no. AP Anti large ranged chariot is a godly combination. I think the Gorgon's will fare far worse than the Chariot in the long run. War Wagon was dead on arrival, these things have the speed to actually protect themselves.
    Also Gorgon's have far better animations than the Stalkers, which makes them harder to pin down and kill. Plus their ranged attack actually has an impact unlike Stalkers.
    Don't fotget over 80 speed on the chariot, good luck catching it - or god forbid the RoR with Poison and a slowing aura - as it chunks down cav and monsters!

Stuff like VC and Chaos are going to have nightmares about this thing!
  • BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Posts: 1,418Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

You ready to spread the word of Khaine and obliterate that ME map with our new goodies?

i want to say yes, but im really a Skaven fanboy myself.

i totally want to try the Dark elves campaign though, but ill start out with Eshin

Kelefane said:

i want to say yes, but im really a Skaven fanboy myself.

i totally want to try the Dark elves campaign though, but ill start out with Eshin
    It's been a looong time since I played a proper Delf campaign. Not since the release of Cthulhu Face and even then I didn't finish the campaign. As much as Lokhir appealed to me I do think that Malus looks like he is going to have the best Delf campaign because he isn't forced to be stuck in Naggaroth and his eastern map position looks a lot more fun than Lokhir's in Lustria in my book.

That said I don't think I can resist playing Snikch first. He looks smashing in terms of mechanics and faction + lord effects. Who needs Wolf Rats when you can have Death Runner infantry running at 73ish speed and other Eshin units running at 65ish? Also I get all giddy about that ME starting position and I'm already a big fan of playing in the Southlands. I just can't decide whether or not to play the Vortex first for the story or ME first for the new area starting position.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 1,624Registered Users
    I'm very hyped, this DLC looks great! I've been a fan of dark elves since I was a kid, and started collecting the miniatures. I first picked them because I thought their armour and colours were really cool, and CA has done a good job of making them look amazing in-game. The Medusa look cool, and Malus is a great character who seems to have a fun campaign. I can't wait to play this DLC!
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 1,026Registered Users
    I plan on starting a Malekith game as my first but because of the changes to black arks, although I will enjoy the new units. Do we know if Fleetmasters still stay at level 1?

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson

I plan on starting a Malekith game as my first but because of the changes to black arks, although I will enjoy the new units. Do we know if Fleetmasters still stay at level 1?

The Black Arks Admirals now level and have skill trees.

I'd do Lokhir if Black Arks were your thing.