Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lack of respect towards Warhammer Fantasy

13»

Comments

• amon_chakaiamon_chakai Posts: 195Registered Users
    howla said:

CA has got more fans to Warhammer fantasy than before. I never knew about it till total ware warhammer came out. Your comment is a joke right now.

And that's exactly the problem..... CA is making the game for you, not for the old fans. That's where the $$ is.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Posts: 587Registered Users
    i feel sorry for the people working on this game
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 3,566Registered Users
    @amon_chakai
    How about CA making the game also for old total war fans like me and many others on this forum?

I respect and love the warhammer world and its lore, but I honestly couldn’t care less about TT.

@ArneSo
    My "respect and love" for the warhammer world was nutured by TT many years ago. For me, the two go hand in hand; I painted the models and read the corresponding army books for the lore and rules.

I get it, you're a Total War fan first, and a Warhammer fan second. Nothing wrong with that. And you're right, you're probably in the majority on this forum.
    But CA could have created it's own generic fantasy game-world, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference for a many people like @howla .
    As it happened, CA adopted the warhammer world for better or worse, and therefore has a responsibility to respect the lore and, by extension, the old school Warhammer fans.

"I have spoken" ;)
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,548Registered Users

@ArneSo
    My "respect and love" for the warhammer world was nutured by TT many years ago. For me, the two go hand in hand; I painted the models and read the corresponding army books for the lore and rules.

I get it, you're a Total War fan first, and a Warhammer fan second. Nothing wrong with that. And you're right, you're probably in the majority on this forum.
    But CA could have created it's own generic fantasy game-world, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference for a many people like @howla .
    As it happened, CA adopted the warhammer world for better or worse, and therefore has a responsibility to respect the lore and, by extension, the old school Warhammer fans.

"I have spoken" ;)

They have more respect for the lore than GW did
  • DelteriusDelterius Posts: 47Registered Users

As the officially oldest fan of TT Warhammer I feel p respected.

@FungusHound That's your opinion. GW created the fantasy lore over decades, CA started adapting it 3/4 years ago.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,373Registered Users
    Delterius said:

As the officially oldest fan of TT Warhammer I feel p respected.

They’ve absolutely come to me in friendship offering respect like honest men. That is why when they have made enemies those enemies have become mine too.

Prego.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,367Registered Users
    wunderb0r said:

i feel sorry for the people working on this game

I doubt they're bothered by someone like OP.

It's pretty clear these threads are just to Garner a reaction. Happily this forum is pretty mature so the reaction is mostly to have fun with it rather than the presumed desired reaction.

That said vitriol to developers is an issue. I don't think people who hurl it should be included in discussions. The price of entry should be civility.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Posts: 289Registered Users
    edited December 2019
    ''As the officially oldest fan of TT''-Who died and made you king?You may be the ''oldes''t but your the type that would be pleased with Warhammer being 2 pixels swinging 2 stick with out lagging.

The op is cooky AS ****!

There things I like about CA work and things I don't ,but when I(or others members of the forum) want smthings to change
    I don t go around throwing tantrum threads with no cohesive ideeas in it.

The only thing I ''agree'' with is Cylostra.They didn t go big enough with her (but the lore of the deep ''slurp'' noice!!).No multiple song abilities to show she is the ''SIREN'' of the storm.Her bretonian heroes and summons should have had fish bones ,broken a harpoons,ship parts shield etc.To look more thematic.NO spells or units to tie her with stromfels.Crab mount choice pffffff ,she should have been floating on her old ships wheel with here knights holding her up as a mount.And don t get me started with miss mutant sword leg fish girls lack of a proper 50/50 sartosa roster.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,373Registered Users

@ArneSo

"I have spoken" ;)

Shut the hell up boomer. CA has more respect for the tabletop then you.

Posting stupid memes from a Disney show dosen't make you sound smart.

Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition

@FungusHound That's your opinion. GW created the fantasy lore over decades, CA started adapting it 3/4 years ago.

GW approves everything in TWWH.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,520Registered Users

howla said:

CA has got more fans to Warhammer fantasy than before. I never knew about it till total ware warhammer came out. Your comment is a joke right now.

And that's exactly the problem..... CA is making the game for you, not for the old fans. That's where the $$ is.
    except that the old fans could have remembered Respanse...

I mean she was long gone in terms of TT given that BR never got new armybooks after the 6th edition.

Also friendly reminder that GW approves everything CA put out there as contend.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    Kelefane said:

This is the dumbest post in the history of this forum.

Are you sure?

Did you see the "High Elves where is the love?" thread?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,520Registered Users

Kelefane said:

Are you sure?

Did you see the "High Elves where is the love?" thread?
    there is a very hard field for that title for sure...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Posts: 159Registered Users
    This guy posts a troll post once a day.

Will someone PLEASE ban him arleady!!

@ArneSo

"I have spoken" ;)

That's cute, I remember when I had my first beer.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 1,991Registered Users
    let us change topics talk about how to improve bretonia's battle cspabilities by adding more melee focused cheap & monsters cav
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 3,566Registered Users
    @SiWI
    Not sure if that was intended but naming her “Respanse” made me laugh so hard! 😂
  • masterhobomasterhobo Posts: 24Registered Users
    Mononoke said:

In this period CA is showing how little it cares about the franchise. Not only the fact that there is no timeline, or the terrible comparison with super smash bros. This is unacceptable for all the warhammer fans. But it isn't all. First Cylostra, then Gelt and the Empire rework, and now Repanse and the bad names changes (Black crag? The awakened? Sylvania?). Seriously to show some respect for us, loyal fans of the franchise who wanted just to experience a true warhammer fantasy game, complete and coherent with the lore. But at CA it seems not tobe relevant. I'm truly disappointed and i ask to all of the fans to boycott this backstabbing company.

thats a hot take broski
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 965Registered Users

@ArneSo

"I have spoken" ;)

You just created this account and your first comment is this... -,-
    Speaks volumes about yourself, thats for sure.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 8,018Registered Users
    What? Did they rename black crag? Gorfang's karak?? What???
  • MasariusMasarius Senior Member Posts: 793Registered Users

Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    edited December 2019
    Itharus said:

What? Did they rename black crag? Gorfang's karak?? What???

They renamed a bunch of factions that had generic names like the dwarfs. There's a thread about it.
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

Estalian angels.
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,548Registered Users

Kelefane said:

Estalian angels.
    I would argue Colonial Albion and the Catgirl Giesha was equally as dumb. They were all by the same guy though so its multiplicative
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,358Registered Users

Kelefane said:

Estalian angels.
    the Catgirl Giesha
    ... go on...
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,530Registered Users, Moderators
    edited December 2019
    Hohoho. No. I'm not cleaning this up. The thread gets closed. There are too many personal insults to count.

And how many times to do I have to say that the flag system is not a disagree button? Ah. Now if only the keyboard had an infinity sign.

Edit: Still closed, but after review some points came up.

1) Calling for a boycott is against the Terms and Conditions.

"1.6 We do not allow spam or advertising material or posting off-forum links that connect to spam, advertising material, or any form of protests (this includes boycotts and petitions centered around any anti-developer/publisher campaigns). Doing so will get you banned."

Consider this a warning.

2) This means that the Abuse flags were warranted and not false flags. Abuse can refer to abuse of the Terms and Conditions as well as abuse of individuals. So I apologize for reacting so hastily to the number of flags and this was an accurate use of them.

Sometimes you gotta eat crow.

But as a result the thread certainly remains closed.
    Post edited by Canuovea on
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
This discussion has been closed.