Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Repanse Vortex Stream

KirkwaldKirkwald Registered Users Posts: 947
Repanse's vortex campaign

Huh, her voice isn't actually THAT bad compared to everyone else.
A bit rough than expected but acceptable.

This guy screwed up his opening moves though. Why the hell did he advance his cav that far ahead and just have his infantry sit in the back?

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,893
    Hahaa, she's a questing knight LL.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,357
    Crossil said:

Hahaa, she's a questing knight LL.

Well, the massive greatsword she's wielding was kinda hinting at that.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,734
    Is this the voice that some got their panties in a twist over? Just wear boxers next time instead.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,357
    No lore explanation on why she's back though. She's just like "the Lady sent me to Araby" and that's it.
    Fossoway said:

No lore explanation on why she's back though. She's just like "the Lady sent me to Araby" and that's it.

No mention of her being a peasant still.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,597
    So what her goal is in vortex just conquer everything?

• ErgiosErgios Registered Users Posts: 222
    edited December 2019
    I told you to wait with judging her voice until you can hear more.

Patience is the keyword, my young friend. Patience.
    Ergios said:

Her screams are kinda annoying
    I think that you will agree it is still far from being as "nightmarish" or "horrible" as people claimed/believed.
  • OrontesOrontes Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 468
    Ergios said:

I have no issues with he voice. I don't see what the problem is/was.
    edited December 2019
    Orontes said:

Ergios said:

I remember a lot of people being unhappy about it - along with the missing banner that I personally do not care about either.
    People just heard a single sample they disliked and automatically started hating on it and calling out the voice actress because this is how the internet works, right?
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,432
    The voice seems a little strained, as if it's not close enough to the voice actor's natural form, which makes it feel a bit put-on. But I might be wrong.

Otherwise it's fine.

Also: Bretonnia in Vortex. Yay!
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Registered Users Posts: 947
    Orontes said:

Ergios said:

It was obnoxiously loud in the other streams, to a point that it was nigh ear piercing.
    It's far more subdued here, which is good.
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Registered Users Posts: 212

So what her goal is in vortex just conquer everything?

it's the same unique campaign goal Bretonnia has in ME, with a couple variables changed. Nothing wrong with that at all, Bretonnia had one of the more solid campaign objectives anyways
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,340
    Her voice is great! Can’t understand all these concerns of some players here...

It’s neither annoying nor unfitting for her character. If you wanna hear an annoying voice, listen to Heidi Klum... Repanse voice compared to that is pure gold. 😂
    Ergios said:

I think that you will agree it is still far from being as "nightmarish" or "horrible" as people claimed/believed.

Sure
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,934
    She sounds really cool, My only issue with the voice is that they didn't hire someone with an actual french accent, it sounds kinda forced in her intro speech sometimes.

She sounds really cool, My only issue with the voice is that they didn't hire someone with an actual french accent, it sounds kinda forced in her intro speech sometimes.

Yeah that is my only issue. Unlike say the Fay Enchantress where her accent actually came somewhat believable, Repanse's feel kinda forced. It's nicer in the campaign map though.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,340
    But since Repanse is a peasant girl should she not have a more British accent?

In the Way CA implemented Bretonia, Noble Knights sound french and peasants sound british if I’m not mistaken.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,724
    Her voice sounds like the Fey Enchantress's without the reverb to me.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,982
    ArneSo said:

In the Way CA implemented Bretonia, Noble Knights sound french and peasants sound british if I’m not mistaken.

You could argue that by spending times with other nobles her accent changed. I'm a Bretonnian myself and if I was going to live in UK I'm sure my accent would improve and actually be closer to the British one for example.
    ArneSo said:

Well...Repanse did spend a lot of time with the nobility when she was the damoselle de guerre.
    Huh, come to think of it I guess you could reason out this is why her accent feels fake.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,270
    ArneSo said:

Unless she's never been a peasant to fit in with Bretonnia post 6th Edition.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Nico_NINico_NI Registered Users Posts: 250
    ArneSo said:

Yes, it's true. In the lore, Nobles speak high bretonnian (french) and peasants speak common bretonian (english), quite like in medieval England.
    edited December 2019

ArneSo said:

Unless she's never been a peasant to fit in with Bretonnia post 6th Edition.
    I too found it strange that they left out her origin story. Her steam page never mentions where she came from and how she rose to legend.
    In fact her steam blurb spends way more time talking about her crusading fervor and exploits that she never actually did in the lore.

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    edited December 2019
    whats the objectives in the vortex campaign? Any new crusades?
    Also, this is a little bit nit picky but "a revered knight of the Chevaliers de Lyonesse"? She THE revered knight of the Chevaliers de Lyonesse since she was the very reason that army was formed.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,217
    Fossoway said:

Sadly as expected... She is more an OC with the same name as Repanse from the lore...
    New building in Fyrus:

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Nico_NINico_NI Registered Users Posts: 250
    Crossil said:

New building in Fyrus:

Nice!