Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Clan Rictus and Crookback Mountain

FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,481Registered Users
So from the new streams, we can see that Crookback Mountain is in control of a faction called "Rictus Clan-Nest", led by a warlord called "Chief Doomclaw". That's an obvious nod to Kratch Doomclaw, the leader of Clan Rictus that's sitting on the council.

What I'm getting at is those do not seem to be rebels or anything and it does not look like Tretch will be moved. That's fine, I guess, but I really hope we'll at the very least get an Under-City in that location, just to have a presence in the region (and get the chance to take it for ourselves).

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,425Registered Users
    If anything we should start as vassals to the Clan Nest and get it confederated through some elaborate mission sequence.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Posts: 1,132Registered Users
    Every time I read Crookback Mountain, I picture gay Skaven cowboys. Maybe CA can make that a thing.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 420Registered Users

Every time I read Crookback Mountain, I picture gay Skaven cowboys. Maybe CA can make that a thing.

I didn't know I needed this until you said it.
  • hanesdavhanesdav Posts: 840Registered Users
    That confederation and vassal thing is actually very good idea.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 1,094Registered Users
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,136Registered Users
    Honestly, it kinda makes sense that Tretch ain't over there and another faction is ruling.
    Though the other faction should be renamed Clan Rictus, and Tretch's faction to something like "Tretch's Raiders."
    In the lore the clan leaders are always trying to send him on suicide mission because they're worrier about him taking over.
    But Tretch never dies!
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,258Registered Users
    As long as we dont get Deathvermin ingame clan rictus will always be incomplete.
  • AmericanViking22AmericanViking22 Junior Member Posts: 147Registered Users

And here I thought I was the only one.
    "I wish-wish I could quit-leave you!"
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,850Registered Users

Honestly, it kinda makes sense that Tretch ain't over there and another faction is ruling.
    Though the other faction should be renamed Clan Rictus, and Tretch's faction to something like "Tretch's Raiders."
    In the lore the clan leaders are always trying to send him on suicide mission because they're worrier about him taking over.
    But Tretch never dies!

Tretch is the Rat and destined to rule Rictus, and maybe even accidentally kill Queek and become the strongest warlord clan of them all.

People talk smack but I really like Tretch.

He's... disgusting cowardly vermin... but he does it so well! He's the most "true skaven" of all the skaven characters, IMO. He perfectly represents the character of their race.

I'm actually less enamored with all the insane technology. I remember a time when they had fun tech but it hand't gotten wildly outta hand yet... But... when it did get wildly outta hand... it sold like hot cakes so there we go.

Fun fact... once upon a time before Skaven were what they now are, it was greenskins that actually had warmachines that were improbable and highly effective -- when they weren't blowing up or misfiring spectacularly. They kind of gave that hat to the Skaven tho cuz the skaven seemed kind of characterless for a while other than as just basically nurgle rats. At least Orks kept it in 40k. No damned skaven there. Honestly guys, Skaven owe Greenskins a LOT. So do beastmen. Poor orcs and goblins have been being cannibalized for ideas for decades for newer races :(