Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can we please redo Castle head?

AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 1,345
Henri le Massif just looks generic. Please EA (*cough*) I mean CA. All you need to do is model a new helm crest for him. You can do it with existing assets. Grails and Lion crests models are already in game. All Henri's crest is is a grail flanked by four lions rampant... Shouldn't be too hard to resize an existing grail mesh and dup four lions around it.

Also can you also maybe add her shield to Repanse's back? She needs some colour on her model, the blue shield would help cut the all metallic look which is more associated with Empire Knights. Bretonnians have a softer, more colourful embroided look in general.

Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate DLC) :#

Comments

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    doesn't he need his sword first as a quest item
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 1,345

His sword doesn't look that unique to me, aesthetically I don't think it really need redoing.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate DLC) :#
    Abmong said:

His sword doesn't look that unique to me, aesthetically I don't think it really need redoing.
    but the skill

Abmong said:

but the skill
    sure.
    I'm personally more concerned with the looks of things. Visual stuff looking wrong really bug me.
    Abmong said:

Abmong said:

but the skill
    sure.
    I'm personally more concerned with the looks of things. Visual stuff looking wrong really bug me.
    grew up very old computers, visual things bug me the least.
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,358
    I'll redo him a little next week after release, when I update Bretonnia with new faction before releasing the next version of my mod.
    Mostly to make him bigger so he really is "le massif". For the record, I have reduced the size of lord and heros a little
    (like they are 1.1 instead of 1.15), but for him I'll try 1.2.

steph74 said:

I'll redo him a little next week after release, when I update Bretonnia with new faction before releasing the next version of my mod.
    Mostly to make him bigger so he really is "le massif". For the record, I have reduced the size of lord and heros a little

I wonder if it's possible to also give Repanse a sword + shield... But even if you could, it might look wierd having a 2-handed sword in one hand and shield in the other. Unless you swap the new sword out for a generic 1-handed one.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,105
    Bretonnians already have units that have a 2h sword with a shield (and typically a spare 1h sword) strapped onto their backs or on their saddles, Abmong.

Although tbh... with a decent ricasso you could have your shield and use that big ol' two hander as a shortspear just fine.
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Registered Users Posts: 940
    The first mod I'll be doing is probably change Repanse's faction icon. It should be white with either gold or blue fleur de lys.

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,460
    Abmong said:

steph74 said:

I wonder if it's possible to also give Repanse a sword + shield... But even if you could, it might look wierd having a 2-handed sword in one hand and shield in the other. Unless you swap the new sword out for a generic 1-handed one.

also, her sword should have been a 1 handed sword from the start... and a banner in her other
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
    Itharus said:

Bretonnians already have units that have a 2h sword with a shield (and typically a spare 1h sword) strapped onto their backs or on their saddles, Abmong.

Although tbh... with a decent ricasso you could have your shield and use that big ol' two hander as a shortspear just fine.

Strapped to her back or in her off hand, I just want the shield in to contrast the all metal look.
    Kirkwald said:

The first mod I'll be doing is probably change Repanse's faction icon. It should be white with either gold or blue fleur de lys.

Surely her faction icon should be like her officially paint banner:
    Per pale Azure and Gules, a fleur-de-lys Or within an Orle counterflory Or overall.
    (Translation: verically divided background of blue (left) and red (right) with gold fleur-de-lys in the center and flowery gold inset trim)

or like her personal armiger (coat of arms/heraldry):
    Azure, two Lions passant guardant Or
    (Translation: Blue background with two gold Lions in profile walking pose with head facing the viewer)

Yeah yeah I can read/write Blazon I'm a sad geek...

Abmong said:

steph74 said:

also, her sword should have been a 1 handed sword from the start... and a banner in her other
    Yeah I was disappointed it wasn't the 1-handed sword like on the TT model. We'll have to see how odd it looks if/when a modder tries to give her a sword+shield animation with the 2-handed sword. Main problem being CA modelled it as a 2-handed sword, not even a hand-and-a-half sword that you could get away with using one handed... Asking for the banner is like banging our heads against the wall at this stage, CA can't/won't do them for some reason and they're not telling us why...
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,241

Abmong said:

steph74 said:

Longswords are mostly used 2h thou. The hilt is not really good for using it in one hand, your hand will get tired very quickly.