Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No single button press for instantly deleting a 70 settlement empire - i simply wont get the DLC

TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,959Registered Users
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
So my game wont ever have plunge into anarchy. Because the ai does not have it, i just simply wont get the dlc and i wont have it. I will have a better balanced game than some others.

I do fear for coming races and dlc though as the trend of power creep has reached absurd levels.
Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.

Comments

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,959Registered Users
    edited December 2019
    Kelefane said:

The hyperbole on this forum has been oozing lately.

Nah mate this is actually in the new dlc (i didnt think it could be true either until i saw legends video)
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 2,190Registered Users
    edited December 2019
    Sorry, what exactly does the new DLC bring to cause anarchy in campaign? I’m asking out of pure ignorance since I haven’t seen any let’s play videos or anything.
  • SchubSchub Posts: 26Registered Users
    Just don‘t use it
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Funny that people get so riled up over something that can literally be ignored and have 0% impact on the player experience if so wished.
    edited December 2019
    Schub said:

Just don‘t use it

I wont have the dlc
    Razmirth said:

Sorry, what exactly does the new DLC bring to cause anarchy in campaign? I’m asking out of pure ignorance since I haven’t seen any let’s play videos or anything.

A ability to click on an enemy empire and delete it and all of its LLs, lords, armies and settlements.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,724Registered Users
    For all the Groots out there, uncapable to ignpore a single button of a single Lord.
    Razmirth said:

It literally does delete a complete faction from the game, no matter how many settlements, armies or lords it has.
    See video here: https://np.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/e700xw/legendoftotalwar_casually_snaps_away_all_known/
    But to keep in mind: It is a singleplayer only ability, the AI never uses and can't be used against human players

And I assume it will get nerfed anyway after DLC release. Kinda like the Doomspheres, first we rack in preorders & launchsales, then get a few weeks of fun over the holidays and some kind of hard nerf next month. Maybe even the week before christmas if the people who complain about the button but are unable to resist pushing it keep up their daily frenzy.
    Remember Doomspheres before they got nerfed?

------Red Dox
    edited December 2019
    And getting the ability (the dlc) is optional so it can be avoided.

I really dont like a cheat button in my UI etc
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 2,086Registered Users
    That "destroy faction" is probably the worst thing CA has ever added to Total War.

Can't wait for "increase Chaos corruption to 100% permanently for the whole map" button for DoC DLC!

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • Tibi088Tibi088 Posts: 152Registered Users

So my game wont ever have plunge into anarchy. Because the ai does not have it, i just simply wont get the dlc and i wont have it. I will have a better balanced game than some others.

I do fear for coming races and dlc though as the trend of power creep has reached absurd levels.

I agree with you, this is insanely powerful and I too thought at first that it was some mad joke. I already believed the nuke of Ikit too powerful but this is far beyond. Who the **** thought this was a good idea and a good game mechanic? What does he have on the other developers that they didnt call him out for it but went: yeah thats what we need!

I also completly agree that this new tendency to put in owerly powerful, basically cheat mechanics - which both of the latest 2 DLC does - is really worrying in regards of the future of this series.

But I will buy the DLC. Because to be honest I dont play skaven anyway - but I do want to play as Malus. Though the reason I eagerly wait for the 12th is because of Repanse.
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 2,086Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

That's the point of this video? It was clearly done for entertainment by using cheats/mods.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 420Registered Users
    The mechanic feels lazy and is super overpowered but it's hardly a reason not to buy the dlc. The reason you don't buy the dlc is because its Skaven vs. Dark Elves. The Skaven side just isn't cool enough to justify wasting your money on Dark Elf stuff.
    edited December 2019

The mechanic feels lazy and is super overpowered but it's hardly a reason not to buy the dlc. The reason you don't buy the dlc is because its Skaven vs. Dark Elves. The Skaven side just isn't cool enough to justify wasting your money on Dark Elf stuff.

I disagree. I wont buy the dlc.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 420Registered Users

Right. I'm saying I'm not going to either. I was being funny about it though. You know? Har har, jokes and all that.

Right. I'm saying I'm not going to either. I was being funny about it though. You know? Har har, jokes and all that.
    Oh in that case

Har har!
  • RheingoldRheingold Posts: 236Registered Users
    A couple of points:
    I mostly support the devs, they’ve done an awesome job.
    Lore is not that important to me, as it’s so inconsistent in TT
    I don’t like exaggeration as a general rule.
    I like Kroak and Ikit.
    Kroak and Ikit are not even in the same universe as this, never mind world.
    How does an assassin even do this?
    It’s a fantasy game, it’s true, but this...

If it’s true, its **** insane.

Because:
    It defeats the object of actually playing the game
    It makes me wonder if the people who came up with it understand gaming at all
    Been playing games since the 80’s. Never seen gaming design this poor ever.
    And it’s just one absolutely crazy design decision. One. What where they smoking?

Most importantly it sets a shocking precedent.
    If they put this in now, what’s going to be in the next dlc?
    And what’s going to be the point of playing the game...
    Particularly when Nagash waves his hand and instantly deletes every single order faction in the game...
    What’s the point...
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,656Registered Users
    Snikch is truly a deathmaster, not only that he is able to 'kill off for real' an legendary lords, he is also able to plunge their whole faction into anarchy, unless the faction is played by a human player. :)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KilledOffForReal
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 707Registered Users

Kelefane said:

Nah mate this is actually in the new dlc (i didnt think it could be true either until i saw legends video)
    A definition of hyperbole or a simpler phrase may be in order.

I’m sorry that you won’t be buying the DLC, OP but I don’t understand the point of the thread, are you wishing to debate the issue or just state the fact and reiterate it to people who post?
    edited December 2019

Kelefane said:

A definition of hyperbole or a simpler phrase may be in order.

I’m sorry that you won’t be buying the DLC, OP but I don’t understand the point of the thread, are you wishing to debate the issue or just state the fact and reiterate it to people who post?
    My opinion and how ive found the saving grace of this gamebreaking balance issue for myself
  • VictuzVictuz Posts: 162Registered Users
    Someone please register these posts.

So when someone in the future start talking that this DLC was received with peace and love at the release, and that no rant happened, you show them the pics. :D
    Victuz said:

Someone please register these posts.

So when someone in the future start talking that this DLC was received with peace and love at the release, and that no rant happened, you show them the pics. :D

Register them yourself?
  • TumbleTumble Posts: 509Registered Users
    Who is approving these design choices? More and more overpowered spells and the like with the latest dlc and flc. "Just don't press the button, just don't play them" yea great suggestion. This is the first dlc I wont purchase
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 930Registered Users
    I already said that I wouldn't buy the DLC for a different reason but with this feature I will certainly not purchase.
  • XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Posts: 138Registered Users
    Lots of i will not buy or play etc.
    Inthe meantime there are a multitude of players who will buy/play and enjoy this.
    Warhammer = over the top.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 8,085Registered Users
    And yet people complain when units get balanced out....when stuff like this exists in SP
    Xypha said:

Lots of i will not buy or play etc.
    Inthe meantime there are a multitude of players who will buy/play and enjoy this.
    Warhammer = over the top.

It almost as if people have different opinions.
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Posts: 265Registered Users
    I've bought it and will be happy to try it.

That being said I am happy for CA to review it and scale it back a bit so more people get the chance to play with the feature. I guess that is what all this is about.

I wouldn't suggest a cost increase but more a consideration as to what the actual effect is.

It's a great idea, just maybe needs some further consideration.
  • RheingoldRheingold Posts: 236Registered Users
    Scale it back?
    You can’t scale it back.
    What instead of instantly deleting an entire faction, just get rid off half the faction?
    It’s crazy, just get rid of the whole damn feature.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Posts: 461Registered Users
    edited December 2019

I don’t care what you buy or not.