Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Soooo.... does this mean LegendofTotalWar is blacklisted again?

ValkaarValkaar Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2,162
I mean, he did create quite a ruckus after all.

Every other content creator that I'm familiar with abode by the "do not reveal any gameplay later than turn 50" stipulation that CA attached to their early access privileges at this point.

Then within one week of Legend getting back in CA's good graces and goes well past the "turn 50 limit" to show off the 'Snitch destroy faction' ability.

Don't get me wrong....I'm glad fans got to see it/negatively react to it, so CA has time to work on it before launch. I just simultaneously feel it was sort of foolish of Legend to cross CA's embargo restrictions so quickly after having his status restored.

Especially! since, at least according to HeirofCarthage's video....the 'Turn 50' embargo would be lifting shortly anyway, and anyone could show off anything. So maybe?? Legend should have just waited until then. CA would have gotten the same feedback and might?? have still had time to fix it (assuming CA wants to fix it), and Legend could have stayed out of the doghouse rather than literally walking right back into it.

What are y'all's thoughts?

Comments

• SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 538
    I genuinely don't think Legend cares. I only started to watch his content this year, but he doesn't seem like the type of person to care if he breaks the rules.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,357
    The 50 turns embargo was lifted yesterday though? So I don't think Legend did anything wrong. He followed CA's instructions on what can and cannot show.

Besides, he was really positive towards Clan Eshin and that "destroy faction" ability. He really liked it. Don't know why CA would punish him for showing the game in a positive light.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,653
    He said in his clip that there wasn't anything to stop him going past turn 50. He was also overly cautious not to talk about the FLC.

It's all fine, he's not blacklisted.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,734
    Or maybe he was given special dispensation because he is the cheeser of content? When it comes to playing the campaigns and the battles to achieve "Maximus Fromagius" there is none quite like the Legend.

Or there's the other option. Which would be sad.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,162

I genuinely don't think Legend cares. I only started to watch his content this year, but he doesn't seem like the type of person to care if he breaks the rules.

I mean...I agree his persona does come off as quite nonchalant.

But surely early access benefits his channel. And surely he WANTED early access to this DLC to show off a 9 hour livesteam of it.

Like, I doubt CA just one day said: "here, have early access" out of the blue.

I find it way more likely for Legend to have been like: "hey, I've been moderately well behaved for awhile, may I please have early access again?"

CA: "Well, okay. But don't go doing anything......ah ffs Legend! really. That soon eh?"
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,357

He does. He messed up last year, and now that his blacklist got lifted, he's being more cautious.
    edited December 2019

He said in his clip that there wasn't anything to stop him going past turn 50. He was also overly cautious not to talk about the FLC.

It's all fine, he's not blacklisted.

Oh? I didn't realize the 50 turn embargo had already lifted. I thought it was going to be lifted in a few days.

IF that's true, that's it's been lifted already, then I guess just /thread.
  • HeinzuHeinzu Registered Users Posts: 915
    Valkaar said:

Every other content creator that I'm familiar with abode by the "do not reveal any gameplay later than turn 50" stipulation that CA attached to their early access privileges at this point.

Then within one week of Legend getting back in CA's good graces and goes well past the "turn 50 limit" to show off the 'Snitch destroy faction' ability.

Don't get me wrong....I'm glad fans got to see it/negatively react to it, so CA has time to work on it before launch. I just simultaneously feel it was sort of foolish of Legend to cross CA's embargo restrictions so quickly after having his status restored.

Especially! since, at least according to HeirofCarthage's video....the 'Turn 50' embargo would be lifting shortly anyway, and anyone could show off anything. So maybe?? Legend should have just waited until then. CA would have gotten the same feedback and might?? have still had time to fix it (assuming CA wants to fix it), and Legend could have stayed out of the doghouse rather than literally walking right back into it.

If there is 50 turns limit it is not good idea to post this here. You could get him into trouble. You should think twice before making such discussions.

hanesdav said:

Valkaar said:

If there is 50 turns limit it is not good idea to post this here. You could get him into trouble. You should think twice before making such discussions.

seriously dude ^^????

He hosted a 9 hour livestream, then reuploaded it to Youtube where it's already gotten 60k plus views.

PLUS there have already been half a dozen multi-page threads discussing this 'delete faction' ability, with multiple comments talking about Legend is the one who revealed it, as many posters here were asking for confirmation/clarification that it was a feature. So people linked to Legend's content to provide said confirmation. And none of this even factors in Reddit posts discussing similar things..

It isn't a secret at this point. The cat is out of the bag.

I mean, it looks like? Legend is in the clear, so it's a non-issue.

But even if it was an issue.....once a situation becomes this public, discussion of the potential appropriate actions/consequences that might happen to him is hardly the same thing as 'Snitching' on him.....ba dum tish lol.
    Personally I'm glad CA and LegendofTotalWar made up. He did say a few things that were pretty unreasonable and I didn't agree with but after that he just got stuck into doing quality videos. He probably gets more views than most so it makes sense for CA and him to get together.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 3,860
    If this is in reference to the live stream that was done just recently, it was moderated by CA. So I imagine they are aware of how much gameplay he was pushing. Wouldn't be too worried about it. Plus none of the content was controversial. So at best a minor NDA violation. If it's seen like that at all.
    hanesdav said:

Really? Man's a big boy he knew what he was streaming, and whether he could or not. The content went up and can be discussed, no need for the elementary white knighting. This isn't the fifth grade.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    I'll also point out that Loremaster of Sotek had 2 long Darkblade streams and i'm fairly certain he easily crossed the 50 turns mark...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,534
    Oooo, youtube Drama.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    Wasn't there an official CA post in the stream reassuring everyone that the AI can't use the ability the same way or that it cannot be used on players in head to head?

• bretonniasucksbretonniasucks Registered Users Posts: 34
    CA should be using him to their advantage.

He is far and away the best online content creator for total war.

Their loss if they ban him again not his.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872

There is no loss for either of them, only gains. The loss was really on us.

Not really, they banned him for a good reason the first time. However, credit to him he's become a lot more professional.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,732
    Did anyone hear that hendo still hasn’t received his early access ?
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,278
    hendo1592 said:

Did anyone hear that hendo still hasn’t received his early access ?

Csnt be. He is the best there is.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 681
    This thread is honestly pointless, to me it seems you enjoy drama and you kinda wish he was blacklisted again.
    I'm aware his videos are public and not a secret but still, creating a thread only to 'discuss' the possibility of someone getting blacklisted is ridiculous and rude.
  • taalisman01taalisman01 Registered Users Posts: 150
    Valkaar said:

I feel sorry for you. Asking indirectly for a Blacklist for Legend.

You may or may not like the guy, the way he talks or acts, but at least he is being honest and sincere, rare commodities these days. He makes content that a great audience enjoy and some detest, but hey that is fine, there are more content creators out there.

Live and let live.
    Graden said:

This thread is honestly pointless, to me it seems you enjoy drama and you kinda wish he was blacklisted again.
    I'm aware his videos are public and not a secret but still, creating a thread only to 'discuss' the possibility of someone getting blacklisted is ridiculous and rude.

^^ I did already concede the /thread since I found out there was no more embargo.

Besides that I think you kinda missed the point. I watch Legend plenty and have nothing against him.

My only ‘position’ on the issue... which I wasn’t really trying to create a thread to argue my position in this particular instance....

Was much more of a frustration/disappointment about Legend facing the possibility of another ban. Like being upset at Legend for being reckless, specifically because I didn’t want it to happen.

Like when you’re fan of a football team, and one of the players commits a needless penalty which gets him ejected. You like the team/don’t want the player to be ejected. But like... he did actually commit penalty so you kinda shake your head and wonder “Why???? You didn’t need to do that!”

^^that’s more of emotional space I was coming at this from. Way less of a: “tehehe, I hope he gets banned forever” sort of tone. But more that of a disappointed fan.

But as conceded multiple times..... the thread is actually pointless in hindsight. As there was no penalty at all in the first place. I simply was not aware of that at the time of posting/only figured that by posting. So I’m still glad I posted.... if only because it allowed me to get more information.
  • NyumusNyumus Registered Users Posts: 195

Not really, they banned him for a good reason the first time. However, credit to him he's become a lot more professional.
    I disagree. He was banned because he talked the thruth, that ToB had a Lot of bad mechanics and wasn't a good Total War, and CA dindn't take It, so they decided tô ban him by saying he violated their terms on the early access, wich Legend showed us that he didn't, and that It was someone from CA fault, and LOTS of misscomunication between both that led to his blacklist.

Into the Topic itself, I don't think his 9h live stream violated anything, since there was some CA staff moderating It.
    It is good that CA and him are cool again, because he is one of the best out there, and he speaks the thruth all the time about what he thinks of the New mechanics and such, and he actually make some valid criticism, CA should listen more (wich they are doing, and I think it's great).
    Nyumus said:

I disagree. He was banned because he talked the thruth, that ToB had a Lot of bad mechanics and wasn't a good Total War, and CA dindn't take It, so they decided tô ban him by saying he violated their terms on the early access, wich Legend showed us that he didn't, and that It was someone from CA fault, and LOTS of misscomunication between both that led to his blacklist.

Into the Topic itself, I don't think his 9h live stream violated anything, since there was some CA staff moderating It.
    It is good that CA and him are cool again, because he is one of the best out there, and he speaks the thruth all the time about what he thinks of the New mechanics and such, and he actually make some valid criticism, CA should listen more (wich they are doing, and I think it's great).
    BS. He couldn't play nice with CA staff and was often told to watch his language, the one about Morathi was clearly dumb. The other Youtubers often say they don't like particular games and people happily listen to them, they just follow basic rules.
  • nechlordnechlord Registered Users Posts: 33
    The other thread about LoTW was just closed so this will probably will be soon as well just to let people know.

He is a despicable person. He talks bad about women (he said women do not play thinking games for example) , he always talks bad about CA , he is friends with those right nationalists like archwarhammer and others.

I dunno why CA got him back (maybe views?) and Im very angry with CA because they know who he really is.

Listen, just because Arch Warhammer sounds like a deviant/predator doesn't mean it's true.
  • drlsworddrlsword Registered Users Posts: 1
    I like legend and him having early access is great for me and his large view base, he checked to be able to reveal what he could and got the go ahead. As for people being offended, many totalwar channels to choose from who are milk toast I like them as well, but I do learn more from legend than others in game mechanics. If someone is offended don't watch.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,393
    The hateboner man-crush some people have for these guys is equally funny and sad. They just cannot let it go, and there was barely any "it" to let go of to begin with.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,815
    Closed before it gets any worse.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
This discussion has been closed.