Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can we see underground settlements for wood elves?

MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 942
So, can we? I think the avanpost system needs rework and scavens mechanic will be really fitting.
From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
Tagged:

Comments

• corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,073
    Since when do welves builds in the sewers of others factions?.
    "I am the harbinger of your demise. I am the nightmare in all mortals. I am the thing you fear the most. I am death..."
    —Valkia the Bloody.
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 1,030
    Are you ok OP?
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,544
    Uh no, their current settlement thingie works just fine, if in need of tweaking.

What wood elfs need is reuniting of unit recruitment and rework\removement of Amber. + a few units, and 2 LL

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,522
    Laindesh said:

Uh no, their current settlement thingie works just fine, if in need of tweaking.

What wood elfs need is reuniting of unit recruitment and rework\removement of Amber. + a few units, and 2 LL

And hypothetically a settlement-to-settlement teleport/transport system for armies, ie. a more loreful representation of worldroots that allow Welfs to expand without necessarily blobbing, imho.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,643
    Ok... what he means is he wants under-city/Cove mechanic to be applied to wood elves to replace their crappy outposts so that they don't have to actually paint the map.

I think.

I might just be projecting here.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,544
    Itharus said:

Ok... what he means is he wants under-city/Cove mechanic to be applied to wood elves to replace their crappy outposts so that they don't have to actually paint the map.

I think.

I might just be projecting here.

I know, but i dont want that mechanics all over the place or it would not be so unique.

I like the idea of Amber deposits spread throughout the world. You'd need to strike those deposits to earn amber potentially start a war with the owning faction. Each game would randomize where the deposits are.

Its kinda silly amber is all over the place as the game is now.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,643
    I'm OG greenskins player. Every single thing we have has been given away to someone else - and usually improved upon but never backwards ported.

People can stuff their feelings of uniqueness. If a mechanic works for the faction and is fun, include it :-P

Amber for the WE is not proper amber... it's just world root sap. Not actual fossilized sap.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,144
    Undercity no, hidden outpost yet.

Instead of razing a city, they should be able to create some hidden outposts in a secluded area in the region. It would have little negative impact to the owner, but could raise Amber, replenishment, line of sight, ambush / hero action chances for WE in this region, contribute to global wealth, etc.

And it should be tied to the terrain : easy to create and hard to detect / destroy if they are in a region with forest, hard to create, easy to find and destroy in desert.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,665
    WE should only be able to conquer WE settlements. The rest should be outposts. Those outposts should work like Pirate Coves or Skaven Under Cities.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 942
    steph74 said:

Undercity no, hidden outpost yet.

Instead of razing a city, they should be able to create some hidden outposts in a secluded area in the region. It would have little negative impact to the owner, but could raise Amber, replenishment, line of sight, ambush / hero action chances for WE in this region, contribute to global wealth, etc.

And it should be tied to the terrain : easy to create and hard to detect / destroy if they are in a region with forest, hard to create, easy to find and destroy in desert.

Thank you, that is exatly what i meant. Sorry for not explaining propperly, my english is not quite well :) .
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)