Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Potion Of Speed Update - Patch Notes

Comments

• VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 605
    Best patch they've ever released! Fixed so many problems , even older factions look like they'll be fun to try again.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 8,315
    Still no new objectives for factions?

Will you do some work on plunge into anarchy so it isnt just a pure console command (video, quest, advisor, something atleast)?

Not that im paying you to sell me console commands but for those who enjoy them put in something.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • ArtfactialArtfactial Registered Users Posts: 71
    That's looking really really good, well done.<3
    Those new portrait make a world of difference for some!
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 879
    I hope more base WH2 factions recieve some tweaks and flovorful additions like Skrolk did.
    Mazdamundi, Teclis, Malekith and Queek feel particularly very barren in terms of faction traits and bonuses compared to the latest DLC and reworked factions.
    Otherwise a very solid patch with a lot of needed changes despite not having a full faction rework.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 2,046
    #givebretoniamoreunits
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    the below was in HE section

Ranged Assassin Hero with Encourage, Stalk, Vanguard Deployment, and Fire Whilst Moving
    Has the abilities Loose and Slippery

Is this a new hero?
  • The_baronThe_baron Registered Users Posts: 540
    @Goatforce It was confirmed that in head to head you can only use it vs A.I. meaning if you didn't confederate your LL fast enough - Eshin clan will remove it from the campaign once and for all ;)

head to head is officially dead now ! not that it wasn't almost dead before because how bad the system is - need to log on to forums on the web to find a partner for a game - what a joke.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 1,731
    karge068 said:

the below was in HE section

Ranged Assassin Hero with Encourage, Stalk, Vanguard Deployment, and Fire Whilst Moving
    Has the abilities Loose and Slippery

Is this a new hero?

It's the "hand of the shadow crown" hero from Alith Anar's faction. Although in campaign it can't be put into armies, so it seems like it's a new hero for battles.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 130
    edited December 2019
    Karl Franz is getting his MD buffed from 38 to 45?

Praise Sigmar!
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 728
    Awesome patch!

Please tell me does Khalida's Necroserpent mount (big necropolis knight) also benefit from the necropolis knight change "removed problematic side and rear attack animation that made the entities sometimes fight with their flank or rear facing the enemy"?
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151
    The_baron said:

@Goatforce It was confirmed that in head to head you can only use it vs A.I. meaning if you didn't confederate your LL fast enough - Eshin clan will remove it from the campaign once and for all ;)

head to head is officially dead now ! not that it wasn't almost dead before because how bad the system is - need to log on to forums on the web to find a partner for a game - what a joke.

So absolutely no difference if neither of you are playing as Eshin? Got it.
    Later
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,241

I hope more base WH2 factions recieve some tweaks and flovorful additions like Skrolk did.
    Mazdamundi, Teclis, Malekith and Queek feel particularly very barren in terms of faction traits and bonuses compared to the latest DLC and reworked factions.
    Otherwise a very solid patch with a lot of needed changes despite not having a full faction rework.

yeah but the same can be said about every wh1 faction.

• nordoMnordoM Registered Users Posts: 94

Tomb Kings

Sepulchral Stalkers: added stalk attribute, -25 missile resistance, -3 melee attack, -2 bonus vs large, +0.1 melee attack interval, +4 ammo, no longer marked as high threat, + -5 AP melee damage, +2 base melee damage, reduced number of projectiles per volley to 1, +91 AP projectile damage, +26 base projectile damage, +68 projectile velocity, are now four times as accurate, removed projectile spread, reduced projectile penetration, removed poison contact effect from projectile

Eyes of the Desert (Sepulchral Stalkers): +23 accuracy, -3 melee attack, -2 bonus vs large, -3 melee defence, +0.1 melee attack interval, +4 ammo, no longer marked as high threat, -5 ap melee damage, +2 base melee damage, reduced number of projectiles per volley to 1, +91 AP projectile damage, +26 base projectile damage, +68 projectile velocity, are now four times as accurate, removed projectile spread, reduced projectile penetration.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but now that all Sepulchral Stalkers got "Stalk" what did the Eyes of the Desert get?
    Wasn't that their RoR special trait?

• DerSpassAmRuinDerSpassAmRuin Registered Users Posts: 12
    Sound really good.
    I wonder if the low resolution bug has been fixed which affected some of the lords and heroes of game 1 e.g. Thogrim, Wight King.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 2,350
    The Clan Pestilence changes looks amazing at a glance!

Hope i will see some significant reduction in end turn times even on my old potato.
  • markusasmarkusas Registered Users Posts: 146
    @CA_James @Ca_Duck
    Good stuff, I'm impressed, just a question:

Earlier Duck stated that the Flame cannon bug should be fixed in this patch (projectile vanishing mid air if you have 2 engineers in an army or one engineer + science).

Is this fixed? Can't see it in the text.

So excited, thanks.
    When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Make that happen! Also expand map south and make Karak Eight Peaks 10 slot.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 3,442
    edited December 2019
    nordoM said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but now that all Sepulchral Stalkers got "Stalk" what did the Eyes of the Desert get?

Looks like their new shtick is better accuracy than the other Stalkers. So the standard Sepulchral Stalkers now have 8 ammo (up from 4), their ranged attacks deal 104 AP damage (up from 13), with a base damage of 39 (also up from 13), and an accuracy of 40 (up from 10).

By contrast the Eyes of the Desert have 8 ammo, their ranged attacks deal 104 AP damage, with a base damage of 39, with an accuracy of 63.

So overall Stalkers have a much nastier ranged attack and the EotD will hit with theirs more often.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,891
  • DockitDockit Registered Users Posts: 27
    The patch looks great but would be good to have more info about the income building buffs for Skaven. With the energy building nerfs you’ve got me worried I’ll be bankrupt if I load a saved game
  • VepharVephar Registered Users Posts: 1
    Does this fix the raise dead at sea bug for vampire coast?
  • MasariusMasarius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    Overall a very good patch.

I just like to point out:

"Witch Elves mounted on the Cauldron of Blood now throw knives at enemies when in melee combat"

That kind of stuff is amazing and increases the overall immersion of the game!
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 3,442
    Masarius said:

Overall a very good patch.

I just like to point out:

"Witch Elves mounted on the Cauldron of Blood now throw knives at enemies when in melee combat"

That kind of stuff is amazing and increases the overall immersion of the game!

Wonder if the ones on the Bloodwrack Shrine do that too.
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    late game dilemma for empire to spend prestige on.

I really want to know what this is :)
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,623
    I see no complaints, must be a good update.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,149
    Odd, such a long list of fixes and changes, but not one of them seems important to me on its own. To be honest most of these little bugs I never noticed and I don't believe they really mattered. There is so much stuff in this game and so many items, traits, effects and bonuses, that any single one of them makes no significant difference really. Well, still good to do fixes, I guess.

Basically the only big item for me is the turn time improvement, but that alone makes it a great patch.

Well, that and the fix to Empire confederation. The Empire always confederated all the Elector Counts in the span of only 10-15 turns, exploding in size and becoming unstoppable for the other AI. This will hopefully stop it.
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Registered Users Posts: 939
    Those "hidden" items for Morathi look insanely good!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,196
    Still no talent tree reset option for confederated models.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 3,576
    nordoM said:

Tomb Kings

Sepulchral Stalkers: added stalk attribute, -25 missile resistance, -3 melee attack, -2 bonus vs large, +0.1 melee attack interval, +4 ammo, no longer marked as high threat, + -5 AP melee damage, +2 base melee damage, reduced number of projectiles per volley to 1, +91 AP projectile damage, +26 base projectile damage, +68 projectile velocity, are now four times as accurate, removed projectile spread, reduced projectile penetration, removed poison contact effect from projectile

Eyes of the Desert (Sepulchral Stalkers): +23 accuracy, -3 melee attack, -2 bonus vs large, -3 melee defence, +0.1 melee attack interval, +4 ammo, no longer marked as high threat, -5 ap melee damage, +2 base melee damage, reduced number of projectiles per volley to 1, +91 AP projectile damage, +26 base projectile damage, +68 projectile velocity, are now four times as accurate, removed projectile spread, reduced projectile penetration.

I was wondering about this myself
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 2,046
    Goatforce said:

nordoM said:

Tomb Kings

I was wondering about this myself

yeah but ror just is stronger according to these changes and i think they still have missile resist
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 146