Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

what would your reaction be if we get back to back dlc?

kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 6,479
i personally would welcome it, and sacrifice money.
#givemoreunitsforbrettonia

Comments

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,385
    That would be a huge middle finger to the 3K players :neutral:
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I don't really understand what you mean. Do you mean that we get two DLC right after each other? Because that is something literally everyone here would be happy with.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    Is that not exactly what is happening right now with H&B and S&B? 2 WH DLCs in a Row with 3k getting nothing. What exactly do you mean with back to back?
  • AnotherElfAnotherElf Registered Users Posts: 159
    ArneSo said:

Is that not exactly what is happening right now with H&B and S&B? 2 WH DLCs in a Row with 3k getting nothing. What exactly do you mean with back to back?

They were separated by a couple months, which isn’t uncommon in most games.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 6,479
    ArneSo said:

i mean right after shadow and the blade release we get a dlc again this month without the gap
    Fossoway said:

That would be a huge middle finger to the 3K players :neutral:

i mean what would warhammer fans reaction would be

ArneSo said:

i mean right after shadow and the blade release we get a dlc again this month without the gap
    You mean the 3K DLC next month or another WH LP?

I wouldn’t mind both. I buy everything CA throws at me if it’s good. The only DLC I don’t own is 8 princes for 3K because it is just crap.

But I really doubt that we will get another WH LP that soon
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

I wouldn’t mind both. I buy everything CA throws at me if it’s good. The only DLC I don’t own is 8 princes for 3K because it is just crap.

yeah wh LP right after the this one literally. i know it won't but this one of those what if questions.
  • AeneAene Registered Users Posts: 113
    Id love it. The good old "too much dlcs" complain is only a valid one, when the content, that normaly has to be in the base game, is clearly cut off to sell independendly. As the base game of warhammer 2 is working, round an worth 60eu by itself, this isnt a problem here. Its absolutely reasonable that extra effort has to be paid extra and i personally am glad for each and every additional warhammer stuff that makes it into the game. Also I can barely order half a pizza for the price of one lp. Tho I know that this might differ from country to country.
    Aene said:

Id love it. The good old "too much dlcs" complain is only a valid one, when the content, that normaly has to be in the base game, is clearly cut off to sell independendly. As the base game of warhammer 2 is working, round an worth 60eu by itself, this isnt a problem here. Its absolutely reasonable that extra effort has to be paid extra and i personally am glad for each and every additional warhammer stuff that makes it into the game. Also I can barely order half a pizza for the price of one lp. Tho I know that this might differ from country to country.

like wise a great pizza is way more expensive.
    I think a gap of 1 months is a must. It gives most players time to enjoy the new LP before its starts to feel “not new”.

But then, a constant flow of amazing LPs every month would be really appreciated! Please take my money CA!

I really hope Game 3 will get a new type of DLC:
    Something like smaller Lord Packs with more LLs, LHs and unique mechanics like the current ones, but no new units.

This would give CA the freedom to add all obscure characters like Imrik, Shadowblade, Marius Leitdorf, Mallobaude and many many more without the need to find fitting themes and units.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,951
    Two months is the threshold for me in terms of having time to be playing the new and the old that I want to play because of the new. But I'd take it this one time. Because I'm that noble.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    ArneSo said:

I think a gap of 1 months is a must. It gives most players time to enjoy the new LP before its starts to feel “not new”.

But then, a constant flow of amazing LPs every month would be really appreciated! Please take my money CA!

I really hope Game 3 will get a new type of DLC:
    Something like smaller Lord Packs with more LLs, LHs and unique mechanics like the current ones, but no new units.

This would give CA the freedom to add all obscure characters like Imrik, Shadowblade, Marius Leitdorf, Mallobaude and many many more without the need to find fitting themes and units.

wait did just call imrik a obscure character? marius i get, the cult of ulric should come first.

could care less about some druchi

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

yeah wh LP right after the this one literally. i know it won't but this one of those what if questions.
    If so it would be better to have both at the same time, so there was only 1 update. If they came with 2ish weeks between, it would feel a bit bad playing a save from those weeks, as it would be "outdated" for almost no reason.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

If so it would be better to have both at the same time, so there was only 1 update. If they came with 2ish weeks between, it would feel a bit bad playing a save from those weeks, as it would be "outdated" for almost no reason.
    would you buy it?

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

would you buy it?
    Yeah propably, depending on which factions it included.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,656
    I’d freaking love it.
  • uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 291
    1 LP every 2 months It would be fantastic
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,479
    Depends on the content. Im not interested in console command DLC
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.

if it was a LP like this one new stuff, new lore of magic units, mechanics...etc

if it was a LP like this one new stuff, new lore of magic units, mechanics...etc
    This one urinates all over the campaign. Delete 100 settlement empires with 1 click. I would never buy something like that.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    edited December 2019

This one urinates all over the campaign. Delete 100 settlement empires with 1 click. I would never buy something like that.
    That’s literally 0,01% of the DLC. It’s your decision but not buying the DLC because of such a tiny thing doesn’t make any sense to me.

It’s like saying “I don’t buy H&B because Markus double arrows buff is to strong“
    edited December 2019
    ArneSo said:

That’s literally 0,01% of the DLC. It’s your decision but not buying the DLC because of such a tiny thing doesn’t make any sense to me.

It’s like saying “I don’t buy H&B because Markus double arrows buff is to strong“
    If double arrow ability destroyed whole empires i would not have bought it either.

Destroying campaign balance isnt minor for me.
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 681
    I will buy literally everything WH related, every kind of DLC. It's the only game that I beg for more content to pay for. I want more, so much more.

I know that 3k fans etc want some new content too, I understand this. But honestly, I only care for WH. I don't care about 3k in the slightest. In fact, it's one of the few purchases I regret with all my heart. I wish I could take my money back, I just can't bring myself to play it. It's the epitome of boredom, in my opinion of course. Because it's obviously a very successful game, it's just not for me.
  • BitsToByteOnBitsToByteOn Registered Users Posts: 103
    Yes, ofcourse but if it would mean quality would suffer because of it, then a definite NO.

ArneSo said:

If double arrow ability destroyed whole empires i would not buy it either.

Well I don’t know what you are talking bout. Don’t like it, don’t use it or just look for a mod. No need to trashtalk the DLC in every comment just because you don’t like this mechanic.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

If double arrow ability destroyed whole empires i would not buy it either.

Well I don’t know what you are talking bout. Don’t like it, don’t use it or just look for a mod. No need to trashtalk the DLC in every comment just because you don’t like this mechanic.
    I will expess myself whenever i feel like it.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,533
    That's how it should be. New DLC every 1-3 months. I wouldn't mind even twice a month.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• TheRealIronJazZTheRealIronJazZ Registered Users Posts: 179
    It would be great, especially now that the turn times are reduced and we don't need that much time to finish ongoing campaigns.

"Another year has passed in exile, another debt of blood for the usurpers in Ulthuan.
    We do not forgive, and we do not forget.
    We are the people of ice and darkness, sustained by our hate."
  • jgmasterjgmaster Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 612

I don't really understand what you mean. Do you mean that we get two DLC right after each other? Because that is something literally everyone here would be happy with.

3 words!!!

Take my money!!!!