Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueProblem with Warhammer II settings

RedWarrior3RedWarrior3 Registered Users Posts: 11
edited October 2019 in Performance & Graphics
Dear developers, I'm trying to change the settings of staying corpses on the battlefield. Since last update, it's 30 seconds by default. When I change it, from the main menu, to permanent stay and after that restart the game (I mean I close the game and then run it again), it reverts to 30 sec. I need help. Thank you for attention.
Post edited by CA_Jordz on

Comments

• Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Registered Users Posts: 366
    I have a similar problem, looking forward to a solution with the new patch!
    ( I can't change graphic settings what so ever, if I set it to custom or use high it always jumps back to ultra at the start )
    your not alone

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • RedWarrior3RedWarrior3 Registered Users Posts: 11
    So, the new patch is live, but the problme still remains...(
    same here

Redwarrior, some friends over at the steam community provided me with a solution. I presume your running Nvidia, Disable the in game overlay in the geforce experience and you should be fine

Redwarrior, some friends over at the steam community provided me with a solution. I presume your running Nvidia, Disable the in game overlay in the geforce experience and you should be fine
    God bless you! It works!

...But seems like after restarting your computer that @#@$ reverts it back to 30 sec...
  • Kraven_oneKraven_one Registered Users Posts: 6
    Same here. any and all changes to graphic settings are reverted upon closing and restarting the game.

I've also run battle benchmark and... uhm... where are the stairs?

Screenshot taken without any mods, with up-to-date Nvidia drivers, overlay disabled.
  • RubzyRubzy Registered Users Posts: 150
    edited October 2019
    Its happens to me aswell, but just with the corpse setting. I started the game with permanent, then played one quick battle and afterwards the setting was set to 30 seconds. I have Geforce experience installed but don't use the overlay, does it work in the background even when Geforce Experience is not running?
  • CA_JordzCA_Jordz Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 343
    edited October 2019
    Hi all,

Unfortunately this graphics problem is part of a known issue with the latest Nvidia Geforce Experience update.

From an initial test on my own machine (where I do not have Geforce installed) it seems to not be an issue.

If any of you have the time to verify, try uninstalling Geforce and let me know if the issue is still persisting.

All the best,

Vix
  • CA_HamishCA_Hamish Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA Posts: 131
    Hi @RedWarrior3,

There is a quick work around below that will allow you to keep your corpses right where you want them every time you run the game:

1. Open file explorer and paste the following (without speech-marks) into your address bar: "%appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\scripts"
    2. Open "preferences.script"
    3. Search for the line "hide_dead_corpses 0; # hide_dead_corpses 0 = low, 1 = medium, 2 = high, 3 = ultra(default), Enable hide dead corpses #"
    4. Change the "hide_dead_corpses 0;" to "hide_dead_corpses 3;"
    5. Save and close file. Right click preferences.script and set to "read only".
    6. Launch game and enjoy the fruits of your merciless labours! Skulls for the Skull throne!

If you are running Geforce experience, please ensure that the check box in the settings "Automatically optimise newly added games" is disabled.

Please note, if you are looking to change any other settings within WH2, then having the preferences.script file saved as read only would not keep any settings you changed. Therefore, simply make the changes in game after reverting the read only change to the file, then repeat the steps above.

Thanks,
    CA_Hamish :)
    CA_Hamish said:

Hi @RedWarrior3,

There is a quick work around below that will allow you to keep your corpses right where you want them every time you run the game:

1. Open file explorer and paste the following (without speech-marks) into your address bar: "%appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\scripts"
    3. Search for the line "hide_dead_corpses 0; # hide_dead_corpses 0 = low, 1 = medium, 2 = high, 3 = ultra(default), Enable hide dead corpses #"
    6. Launch game and enjoy the fruits of your merciless labours! Skulls for the Skull throne!

If you are running Geforce experience, please ensure that the check box in the settings "Automatically optimise newly added games" is disabled.

Please note, if you are looking to change any other settings within WH2, then having the preferences.script file saved as read only would not keep any settings you changed. Therefore, simply make the changes in game after reverting the read only change to the file, then repeat the steps above.

Thanks,

Thank you very much!
    CA_Vix said:

Hi all,

Unfortunately this graphics problem is part of a known issue with the latest Nvidia Geforce Experience update.

From an initial test on my own machine (where I do not have Geforce installed) it seems to not be an issue.

If any of you have the time to verify, try uninstalling Geforce and let me know if the issue is still persisting.

All the best,

Vix

I don't have the latest Geforce Experience or Nvidia driver update installed, the program even tells me that the overlay isn't going to work because the latest Nvidia driver is required for it to work. I don't even use the overlay however. Is it the mere presence of Nvidia Geforce Experience that is causing the problem and not the overlay as others have suggested?
  • MurthorOathstone12MurthorOathstone12 Registered Users Posts: 58
    edited November 2019
    CA_Hamish said:

Hi @RedWarrior3,

Thanks,

This didn't work for me. the corpses were default at level 3, but when I enter the game and fight a battle, no editing the script changed anything in-game, it just reverts the corpses to the 30 seconds mark.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.
    CA_Vix said:

Hi all,

All the best,

Vix

Will this issue be fixed in the upcoming December patch?
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

CA_Vix said:

Hi all,

All the best,

Vix

I uninstalled Geforce experience, but the issue still persists.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

Somehow I think that CA runs their games on AMD, because Nvidia products always seem to have some sort of issue with the warhammer games
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

• CA_JordzCA_Jordz Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 343
    edited November 2019
    @MurthorOathstone12 @Rubzy

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me, apologies for the delay.

I've passed the information onto our team in-house and hopefully we can come up with some troubleshooting steps.

In the meantime, could you both provide me with a DxDiag and your preferences.script for us to check over?

Info on how to do this can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202020/read-this-before-posting#latest

Cheers,

Vix
    CA_Vix said:

@MurthorOathstone12 @Rubzy

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me, apologies for the delay.

I've passed the information onto our team in-house and hopefully we can come up with some troubleshooting steps.

In the meantime, could you both provide me with a DxDiag and your preferences.script for us to check over?

Info on how to do this can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202020/read-this-before-posting#latest

Cheers,

Vix

I have the same issue - the in-game overlay on Nvidia Experience is disabled. Corpse setting reverts to 30 seconds when I boot up the game occasionally.

v1.7.2 Build 12104.1770049
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Rubzy

Thanks again for getting back to us. After speaking to our Compat team, they've provided me the following steps.
    1. If you open up GeForce Experience, you should see the box art for WH2.
    2. Hovering over the box art with the mouse will reveal two options “Play” and “Details”.
    3. Clicking "Details" will present you with a list of current settings and optimal settings.
    4. Above the optimal settings is a button “Revert” which will disable the Optimisation settings for the game.
    Let me know if that helps!

All the best

Vix
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 453
    edited December 2019
    CA_Vix said:

Hi @Rubzy

Thanks again for getting back to us. After speaking to our Compat team, they've provided me the following steps.

2. Hovering over the box art with the mouse will reveal two options “Play” and “Details”.
    3. Clicking "Details" will present you with a list of current settings and optimal settings.
    4. Above the optimal settings is a button “Revert” which will disable the Optimisation settings for the game.

All the best

Vix
    Sadly don't help, because in GeForce Experience there is a sentence, that the current game settings can not be recalled. I should start and end the game or change the settings ingame. (But only for the Warhammer 2 Game) Don't know if it is only in my GeForce Experience. But I have still the bug, that i must change any graphic setting after end the game.

I have try to deinstall the GeForce Experience, the Nvidia driver, warhammer 2, etc. Nothing help. I really hope the next patch on the 13.th change this.
  • NamhaydNamhayd Registered Users Posts: 1
    Viranto said:

CA_Vix said:

Hi @Rubzy

All the best

Vix
    Sadly don't help, because in GeForce Experience there is a sentence, that the current game settings can not be recalled. I should start and end the game or change the settings ingame. (But only for the Warhammer 2 Game) Don't know if it is only in my GeForce Experience. But I have still the bug, that i must change any graphic setting after end the game.

I have try to deinstall the GeForce Experience, the Nvidia driver, warhammer 2, etc. Nothing help. I really hope the next patch on the 13.th change this.
    I had the same problem, Geforce Experience could not retrieve the settings and they would reset everytime I restared the game, I tried everything I could find on the forums, steam and google, completly removing Geforce Experience, creating a new preferences.script.txt, changing the permissions to read only...

What I found is that no matter what I did, the game would not save the preferences file.

What "worked" for me was creating a new preference.script.txt file from the link above, then Geforce Experience would let me revert the optimization, and then I had to manually change preferences.script.txt to what I wanted.

Still, any change I do ingame would get reset on restart, if I want to change something I have to edit the file manually.
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 453
    Namhayd said:

Viranto said:

CA_Vix said:

Hi @Rubzy

All the best

Vix

I had the same problem, Geforce Experience could not retrieve the settings and they would reset everytime I restared the game, I tried everything I could find on the forums, steam and google, completly removing Geforce Experience, creating a new preferences.script.txt, changing the permissions to read only...

What I found is that no matter what I did, the game would not save the preferences file.

What "worked" for me was creating a new preference.script.txt file from the link above, then Geforce Experience would let me revert the optimization, and then I had to manually change preferences.script.txt to what I wanted.

Still, any change I do ingame would get reset on restart, if I want to change something I have to edit the file manually.
    Thank you. I try to create my own preference.script and don't toch the ingame settings. Hope this works. Sadly the new nvidia patch and warhammer patch don't change anything in this problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file