Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Apparently "Factions are renamed after you acquire specified regions"

Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 6,969
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/e9ugp6/factions_are_renamed_after_you_acquire_specified/

All playable factions for Empire, Bretonnian, Wood elves, High elves, Vampire counts, Dwarfs will be renamed after specific provinces are acquired. Nevermind the screenshot, I modified the script to test it out.
So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Comments

• AnglocanerAnglocaner Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 52
    Oh man that is awsome!

Now do it for all factions, CA! :smiley:
    Veni, vidi, vici
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,781
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,820
    intresting.

people demand this for some of those partly because they didn't like some of the renames.

Yet I don't remember CA saying anything about this.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Prkl8rPrkl8r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,035
    Love it. I was opposed to the name change unless this was the case. I'm surprised they actually did it.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,256
    Eeeyh! If this is true, that's awesome! :- D
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,105
    edited December 2019
    I actually dislike this. I prefer the different names that somewhat do differentiate the campaigns. At least visually.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,895
    That's great. I've used mods for this since day one.
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 815
    Cool! Very cool indeed!

I do wonder though why they missed out on the Dark Elves...
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,733
    Now to make a petition for loreful unified names for all races!

The Empire: fine as is.
    Bretonnia: fine as is
    Wood Elves -> Athel Loren
    High Elves -> Ulthuan
    Dark elves -> Naggaroth -> Ulthuan if you capture it and wipe out the high elves
    Dwarfs -> Karaz Ankor
    Vampire counts: a bit troublesome, they don't have a "nation", their land is called Sylvania, which already exist. WOuld be fun if Vlad or Mannfred could become "The Empire" and emperor as title aswell.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,105
    edited December 2019

Vampire counts: a bit troublesome, they don't have a "nation", their land is called Sylvania, which already exist. WOuld be fun if Vlad or Mannfred could become "The Empire" and emperor as title aswell.

Eternal* Emperor

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239

High Elves -> Ulthuan
    Dark elves -> Naggaroth -> Ulthuan if you capture it and wipe out the high elves
    Dwarfs -> Karaz Ankor

The united Dwarfs are already called the Karaz Ankor
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,733

High Elves -> Ulthuan
    Dwarfs -> Karaz Ankor

Really? That's great! Is there a place where a complete list of the "unified" races are shown, and also what settlements you need to get them?
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239

High Elves -> Ulthuan
    Dwarfs -> Karaz Ankor

Really? That's great! Is there a place where a complete list of the "unified" races are shown, and also what settlements you need to get them?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/e9ugp6/factions_are_renamed_after_you_acquire_specified/
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,969
    A friend of mine sent me this screenshot from their campaign High Elf Vortex campaign.
    Name change does happen

So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,180
    Just unified Sylvania with Vlad, became "Vampire Counts" from Von Carsteins. Seems a bit off since there's only ONE count (Vlad). Maybe they are counting Isabella (the countess)?

I do like this though. Confederations bringing names, I mean. I hope they get creative with it :)
  • frolof1frolof1 Registered Users Posts: 404
    Which script is it?