Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Malus should buff cold ones more

Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 783
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Seeing as cold ones have a strong connection to Hag Graef, and Malus obviously rides a named one called Spite, it seems weird that a generic beastmaster lord can buff cold ones more then Malus can.

Personally, I want to see Malus buff them more and make them more lethal.

Anyone else reckon Malus should buff cold ones more then he currently does?

Comments

• Ghost327Ghost327 Registered Users Posts: 17
    edited December 2019
    Agreed, having him on Spite should give an aura removing "stupidity" aka rampage.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,708
    Cold One Knights are a unit I really want to love... but boy are they fighting an uphill battle every time. In my mind I was hoping Malus would come with some big buffs to make them fun in campaigns, so yeah, I fully support that being his 'unit' focus. Or we can see Malus and Beastmasters get a way to stop rampage in their campaign skill trees.
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,080
    i think ive used Cold Ones MAYBE 5 times in the 500+ hours ive put into WH2. the rampage is just stupid
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 1,747
    Yeah, I agree. At the very least, he shuld get the skill that beastmasters have that buffs cold ones.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,047
    edited December 2019
    Rampage rampage rampage

Why everyone talk about rampage?

It activate on less than 20% hp, but unit on legendary on 20% hp will just retreat, but rampage save them from run away. Plus it gave them bonus MA.

Why everyone want cold one knights nerfs?

Tbd I agree with OP. Malus in campaign looks weaker than generic lord.
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 3,381
    I get that CA probably wanted his campaign to be all about how over the top powerful you can make Malus, and they certainly accomplished that, but Dark Elf cold ones could really use the love. They....are somewhat less than spectacular, and I'm not certain making Malus be their only buff is the answer. They need the lizardmen melee cav treatment.
  • sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 629
    Cold One Knigt- looks good, doesnt work.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,241

Yeah, I agree. At the very least, he shuld get the skill that beastmasters have that buffs cold ones.

what is that skill if i may ask?
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,241

I get that CA probably wanted his campaign to be all about how over the top powerful you can make Malus, and they certainly accomplished that, but Dark Elf cold ones could really use the love. They....are somewhat less than spectacular, and I'm not certain making Malus be their only buff is the answer. They need the lizardmen melee cav treatment.

Cold one Knights are very solid unit, i don't understand the issues. They will never be like Grail Knights, but that is fine.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 1,747
    edited December 2019

what is that skill if i may ask?
    Beastmasters have a skill that gives +8 melee attack and -1 turn recruitment reduction time for all cold one units.
  • ns2hivesight@gmail.com[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 123
    Nemox said:

Cold One Knights are a unit I really want to love... but boy are they fighting an uphill battle every time. In my mind I was hoping Malus would come with some big buffs to make them fun in campaigns, so yeah, I fully support that being his 'unit' focus. Or we can see Malus and Beastmasters get a way to stop rampage in their campaign skill trees.

One would think that a knight with experience if few centuries that has lost most of his senses of touch and pain on a one and a half ton dinosaur that is trying to eat your face as well would get more than base 30ish MA and awful charge with no mass.

Imagine yourself getting hit by a bit bigger car that goes 40kmh. What it would do to you with flat side, let alone those jaws and talons?
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,708

Cold one Knights are very solid unit, i don't understand the issues. They will never be like Grail Knights, but that is fine.
    They are too slow and lack any real punch to make up for it. Rampage may only trigger at low hp, but Cold One Knight are vulnerable to range because they cannot close the gap quick enough. This is why the rampage is an issue - sure it comes with an increase in melee capabilities, but when you are low hp, slow and running into spears at full health... well, that melee buff is pointless.

No one is asking for Grail Knight level cav here, especially as Dark Elves are considerably strong in other areas. It is just a shame that Cold One Knights have only their aesthetic going for them. At the very least a Campaign LL that makes them stronger would open them up more. Malus was the best shot for that.