Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

With Orc Revamp, plz modify the king and the warlord.

ItharusItharus Senior MemberPosts: 8,012Registered Users
Hi,

Just throwing this out there, but I think that Skarsnik and Belegar would be MUCH better served starting as hordes that can become a settled faction, having different start points than they presently do.

I mean really... one's a clan, one's a hunting expedition. It makes no sense for either to start in some random karak or as usurpers of karak izor.

There's MORE than enough random minor faction land for both armies to go claim for their initial settlements. You also just opened up new land that might benefit from another inhabitant... too many empty settlements down there - Eshin and Malus could use some enemies to fight.

Think about it?

Queek's fine. He can stay where he is.

Comments

• kitekazekitekaze Posts: 279Registered Users
    From the past experience, there was no change for Grim & Grave (Worst, worst Lord Pack, and DLC in general) from Vampire update and Empire update.

Expect the same for King & Warlord. Don't get your hope too high, or you'll be disappointed.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,361Registered Users
    Hopefully, but as is I'll buy it regardless.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 8,012Registered Users
    kitekaze said:

From the past experience, there was no change for Grim & Grave (Worst, worst Lord Pack, and DLC in general) from Vampire update and Empire update.

Expect the same for King & Warlord. Don't get your hope too high, or you'll be disappointed.

I'm a greenskins player.

I have no hope for them to crush left in me. They already took everything.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,268Registered Users
    Please no Hordes in any form.

• KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,614Registered Users
    F Hordes. I cannot stand them.

• Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,670Registered Users

Please no Hordes in any form.

I like Hordes.
    Did y'all miss the "...that can settle" part?

Or did you just stop in to overreact to a partial reading?
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    Even I very doubt its, I still hope its happen. Horde rework that can settle is sound good for me. If they can settle capital in K8P only, it would sound perfect.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 4,056Registered Users
    Itharus said:

Did y'all miss the "...that can settle" part?

Or did you just stop in to overreact to a partial reading?

You know what forum your on right? Overreactions and butthurtedness basically make up the lingua Franca around here.

PS I think your idea would be perfect, I remember a bunch of us hoping that was how it was going to be from the start.
  • taalisman01taalisman01 Posts: 47Registered Users
    Itharus said:

kitekaze said:

I'm a greenskins player.

Keep hope alive friend. Look at the changes they made e.g. to Bretonnia, i think we can expect a very nice Lord Pack and overhaul for the Greenskins, they are one of the most iconic races of the Warhammer world and deserve to have, at the very least, decent mechanics and powerful armies to bring on the field.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,365Registered Users
    I have great love for Belegar's starting positionand campaign the way it currently is as it is the one campaign that I have played the most. I love(d) how gruelling it could be to fend off armies from all the hostile factions who would come for you. The same goes for Skarsnik really although I haven't played him as much.

I worry that as Hordes their campaigns will just become too easy and uninteresting as a result. For me they have or have had some of if not the most fun and brutual initial 50 turns out of all Legendary Lords in the game.

The only good thing that would really come from them going Horde would be that I'd get to see the Karak Izor heraldry on the map again.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • DestinDestin Junior Member Posts: 222Registered Users
    Hmm I think a choice of either being a Horde(that can settle!) or keeping your start position could make it a pretty interesting.

I don't have any big hopes for them but a rework to their skill trees would be appreciated.

Also make Queeks debuffs greater than only for for not having K8P and a change Capital option.
    My Campaigns
    Older Games (Shogun 2, Rome II, Attila)
    Shogun 2: Campaigns Completed
    Takeda Clan
    Hattori Clan - Normal

Rome II: Campaigns Completed
    Epirus - Normal
    Selucid - Normal/Very Hard
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary
    (WoS)Boiotian League - Very Hard

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Attila: Campaigns Completed
    The Geats - Normal (Minor)
    The Tanukhids - Normal (Minor)
    (AoC)Kingdom of the Lombards - Hard (Short)
    (AoC)Westphelia - Hard (Short)
    Ebdanians - Hard(-) (Minor)
    Warhammer I
    Warhammer I: Campaigns Completed
    Greenskins - Normal (Long)
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Vampire Counts - Hard (Short), Very Hard (Short)
    Crooked Moon - Normal (Long)
    The Bloody Handz - Very Hard (Short)
    Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    (EfaE)Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    Warriors of Chaos - Very Hard (Short)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    (SotR)Argwylon - Very Hard
    Clan Angrund - Very Hard (Short)
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Wintertooth - Hard (The Crow)
    Warhammer II:
    Vortex Campaigs Completed:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Followers of Nagash - Very Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    The Dreadfleet - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard
    Clan Eshin - Very Hard

Mortal Empires Campaigns Completed:
    Court of Lybaras - Very Hard (Long)
    Beastmen (Malagor) - Very Hard (Short)
    Nagarythe - Very Hard (Long)

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard
    Yuan Shu (Zhong) - Hard (Coop w/ Yuan Shao)

Eight Princes:
    Sima Jiong - Hard (Regent)
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,370Registered Users
    edited December 2019
    Itharus said:

kitekaze said:

I'm a greenskins player.

Dis git knows da pain ^

EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm about to start a campaign my mouse hovers over the ladz.. and then with a sigh of disappointment I move over to another faction to play, its almost painful tbh
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 1,979Registered Users
    they need like two or three lords too really capture all of the greenskin variety.
    who knows in game 3 hobgob khanate a well
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia

they need like two or three lords too really capture all of the greenskin variety.
    who knows in game 3 hobgob khanate a well

Don't **** tease me :(

Playable Hobgoblin Khaganate has been my WHFB dream since I found out they existed way back when.

Itharus said:

kitekaze said:

I'm a greenskins player.

Keep hope alive friend. Look at the changes they made e.g. to Bretonnia, i think we can expect a very nice Lord Pack and overhaul for the Greenskins, they are one of the most iconic races of the Warhammer world and deserve to have, at the very least, decent mechanics and powerful armies to bring on the field.
    Bretonnia (specifically Alberic) is actually probably my second favorite faction. I always thought it would be wood elves or skaven tbh... but amber sucks hardcore and skaven are too easy to play now. So Alberic it is! Warring on Uthuan is so so so so so so so gd fun with Bretonnia.