Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiplayer Hacks ?

UncleSamUncleSam Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 23
edited April 2011 in Total War Eras Multiplayer
I ask this question as i have just lost a battle in the strangest way ! I forgot to save the replay sorry folks so you will have to take my word for it.

Anyway 2 x archers rank 3 and a kantana managed to fend of 2 rank 4 monk units along with a rank 3 kantana with my general rallying behind. Striked me as odd !

Also i routed his Kantana only for them to come back with full morale after a second of
withdrawing my men to attack another unit.

In short he defeated a army stronger then his with bow units fending off melee.

My question is, is there now hacks for online ?
Post edited by UncleSam on

Comments

• SmtNSmtN Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 138
    edited April 2011
    Short answer: no

Longer answer: inexperienced players like to call cheats instead of striving to understand the real reason something happened
  • selderselder Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 28
    edited April 2011
    long answer: maybe, been some strange multi things going on lately
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Moderators Posts: 4,606
    edited April 2011
    I use my sam bows as infantry all the time. With the morale boosts from the general, they have better morale than loan swords, and are just as good in melee.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • UberGeekUberGeek Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 24
    edited April 2011
    selder wrote: »
    long answer: maybe, been some strange multi things going on lately

i would go with that :P. I sometimes got group problems, and believe me it has wiped me out many times. unable to correctly naviagete and organinice, creating gaps leaving you open, creating frustration even with winning because it doesnt work like it should ;).
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Moderators Posts: 4,606
    edited April 2011
    Oh, and I totally agree about the recent mp 'bugs'...had a couple of games where the navigation turned sour, pathing went to blazes, and units just weren't doing what they should have.

Something most odd is happening...
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • I_Am_ChocoboI_Am_Chocobo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 714
    edited April 2011
    UncleSam wrote: »
    I ask this question as i have just lost a battle in the strangest way ! I forgot to save the replay sorry folks so you will have to take my word for it.

Anyway 2 x archers rank 3 and a kantana managed to fend of 2 rank 4 monk units along with a rank 3 kantana with my general rallying behind. Striked me as odd !

Also i routed his Kantana only for them to come back with full morale after a second of
    withdrawing my men to attack another unit.

In short he defeated a army stronger then his with bow units fending off melee.

My question is, is there now hacks for online ?
    Monks have no armor and are utterly crushed by archers. If you can't entangle his archers in melee combat, they will simply shred unarmored units.

If his routing katana unit was rallied, inspired, or received a morale boost through reinforcement or entering a general's aura of encouragement, it could have regained its morale and re-engaged. Make sure to shatter routing units by continuing to inflict casualties or further demoralizing them.

You may feel that your force was superior, but there's more to winning than simply having a stronger army. It sounds like you fought a strong opponent.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,122
    edited April 2011
    Hello,

If you suspect people of cheating send us a replay using the following guide: -

1) Save games, replays, preferences scripts and logs can be found here C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\save_games (Type %appdata% into run) then select Creative Asembly, Shogun 2.
    2) Steam crash dumps can be found here C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2. They look like this shogun2_3241_crash_2011_3_22T15_47_10C0.mdmp
    3) In the subject box please put the title of the thread from which you originally posted on the forums
    4) Please Zip any files to save space.
    5) Add any additional details and a link to the original forum post. dxdiag, forum username and any pictures, videos and replays would also help.
    6) Send all your information to [email protected]

Thanks

Dave B
  • TankusTankus Member Registered Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2011
    Im not sure if there is any hacks for this game.. I have played a seige defensive game before in which a group of level 3 samurai archers of my opponent has been able to outrange my Bow ashigaru vets.. By quite a bit. keep in mind they should have the same range stat!

Upon looking at the upgrades for samurai i then realized that there is no range upgrade for them by that point!! Not to mention i was higher up so should it have been the other way around???

Only reason this made me pause and think is in our in game banter he paused and said "wait one sec just turning my hacks on" of which i thought he was joking around..

Are we sure people havnt found a way to edit unit stats?
    Sakura Gaming
    Life in every breath, that is Bushido
  • The shogunThe shogun Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 290
    edited April 2011
    next time, save the replay!
    [PORTABLE-ID]theshogun-1[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • RevanchisteRevanchiste Registered Users Posts: 1
    How you cna totaly hack but to get multiple bow monks no nee dfor hack just bug exploits.

But base game sometime **** up I amanage to wreck a yari army via katana cavelry spam, and recently I have sreen a vitory that some how turn into a defeat at the last second.