Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potion of speed hotfix broke my use of mods.

Jessdb13Jessdb13 Registered Users Posts: 6
So after the Potion of speed hot fix my game has stopped working with any mods. even the simple 3sp a level -- with skill dump causes the game to stop responding at the initial load screen before the cinematic. If i turn off all mods the game loads. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if they have found a fix. I have confirmed the game files and tried running as admin, to no affect.

Comments

• Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 786
    Sounds like mods simply not being up to date.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • Jessdb13Jessdb13 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Cortes31 said:

Sounds like mods simply not being up to date.

The mod manager has a green circle for them, not the yellow to indicate date issues.
  • SagrandaSagranda Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    Just started the game with the "No Light Beams" mod and a "+sp points" mod (without an sp dumb), worked fine for me.

Could you link or name the "+sp" mod you are using, so that I can try to start the game with the same mod?

Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,708
    Tried resubbing to the mods? Sometimes the workshop has issues updating some mods correctly.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,110
    Pardon my say so, but WORTH IT!

But seriously your mods are probably just out of date. Be sure to go back into the launcher and re-enable any that aren't and make sure you have 'em in the right order and you should be fine.
    Sagranda said:

Just started the game with the "No Light Beams" mod and a "+sp points" mod (without an sp dumb), worked fine for me.

Could you link or name the "+sp" mod you are using, so that I can try to start the game with the same mod?

The mod is/ 3SP A Level -- With Skill Dump / I've used it for a long while now and it's one of the ones i use when others cause failure to make sure things still work.

Order wise they are in the order I have always had them in. So i don't think that's it. Some one else suggested deleting and re-subing so i'm going to try that.
    So looks like 26min ago the mod was updated again so now its working. Something in the 1:30AM wasn't enough to have it working.

So guess the guess of the mod launcher being mismatched with what is and isn't up to date is the culprit. thanks for the help everyone. I will wait for more mod updates for the hotfix.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,857
    Its a common occurrence when patches and changes to the starpos happen. The modders (myself included) just work around that, CA don't work around our mods. Really not worth bringing to the forums, but post on the broken mod page so the author knows the mod is no longer working.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • MasariusMasarius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 834
    Never play on a patch day.
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day