Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Queen Helgar Longplaits as the next FLC dwarf character

1235»

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,884
    Haha still going strong..
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    I'm all for this, even if it'd only torment the dwarf players.

BFG
    >:)

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 75
    I cannot like this enough and am very much in favor of a Queen Helgar faction.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Registered Users Posts: 2,560
    edited December 2019
    Since dwarfs lack more lords than units, just make a glorious "lord pack" which includes every possible remaining lord and end this suffering.

Runelord LL would be interesting because it could finally bring the implementation of rune system and overhaul the current hastily made runes, not to mention the lackluster Anvil of Doom which is everything but a doom.

Something like Kazador also would be easy to implement and he has a mighty rivalry with Gorfang too.

Similar or not, every possible and important character for every race should be in!

Since dwarfs lack more lords than units, just make a glorious "lord pack" which includes every possible remaining lord and end this suffering.

Runelord LL would be interesting because it could finally bring the implementation of rune system and overhaul the current hastily made runes, not to mention the lackluster Anvil of Doom which is everything but a doom.

Something like Kazador also would be easy to implement and he has a mighty rivalry with Gorfang too.

Similar or not, every possible and important character for every race should be in!

That’s something I agree with, I don’t see why we can’t get as many lords as possible, as long as they introduce something new and there is individual effort for each one.

I have this awful feeling the tank creating Skaven engineer won’t be added.. sigh.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,217

Just adding Lords for the sake of it would be boring. We want a cool and unique mechanic for each LL and that can't be done with such a pack.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,071

I like how seriously this thread has been taken.

Seriously though, the best remaining Dwarf LL candidate is clearly Malakai.

Hello best FLC LL candidate.

Hello bland candidate.
    Thorek could potentially be amazing LL. Rune system, anvil of doom on steroids, maybe with some badass bound spell like in mixu's mod and with new additions to mortal empires karak azul is great starting position. Though dwarfs in general have a lot of great characters like my boy Josef Bugman or Grimm Burlokson. And yeah all of them are better choice than Helgar.

Believe in humanity!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    edited December 2019
    I think it would be quite fun to have her, maybe a Valaya themed army around healing, booze and runes. Possible flc LL/LH could be Bugman and Ironbrow and you could have female dwarf priests and drunken dwarfs with strong replenishment skills. Her hair needs to be longer than a longbeards beard tho

• FenristhegreatFenristhegreat Member Registered Users Posts: 475
    Boreal said:

Boreal said:

Its not about diversity its about the fun of having a female dwarf or dwarfette.

Ah.. the innocence. Unfortunately adding female characters for no reason beyond they’re female (ms packman for example) used to be fine.. however, these days, apparently it’s seen as forwarding a communist agenda through the guise of sociology.

That’s mental! I hear you say - I agree.
    It's not just because she's female, it's because she is a footnote character who fits in the timeline even worse than repanse and she can't be explained away.
    She also doesn't have a model.

Atleast Repanse had a model in 5th as all the Brettonia 6th edition lords had been used.

Dwarfs still have several 8th edition lords left who need to be included first.
    Helga does have a model.
    Yeah from an old retconned campingn book that hasn't been useable since 4th
    Sorry Boreal, I wasn't seeking to disagree with your argument that Helgar is a terrible choice for a Lord, (absolutely terrible for the Lore reasons outlined out by TheGuardianofMetal and Mr Finley) I was merely pointing out that she does have a model. I own a copy of her infact...
  • FenristhegreatFenristhegreat Member Registered Users Posts: 475
    Wyvax said:

Wyvax said:

Just wanted to add that female dwarfs are called "rinns" in Warhammer. That's your lore tidbit for the day.

Far be it from me to question another man's Khazalid, but I was under the impression 'Rinn' meant 'Lady', as in the Dwarf expression 'Rik un Rinn' (Lord and Lady).
    Are you implying that dwarf women aren't in fact ladies???

*furious scribbling*

I guess that's the slayers oath for me then...
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,189
    I think a lot of you are right, I should have added mechanics to present her in a more attractive way. Im not a PC zealot , I just found a cool Lord and was like “wow a female dwarf, this is so cool I bet CA can do something very interesting with her”.

Then posted on the forums and we have more comments and views than CA post regarding multiplayer fix.

Im sorry if I came out wrong, you too should check how vehement get when someone wants to push a female character over “Rakarthian” level of lords.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,728
    Boreal said:

Boreal said:

It's funny how insignificant characters become suddenly major characters after a female is added.

Your referring to Helgar?
    Repanse is added > Suddenly some nobody barely anyone wanted is super important
    Saltspite is added > Suddenly lackey characters from a board game are super important.
    Repanse has a model, lore and was a lord in 5th.
    Helga not much.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_t_LIbiuVCmxM71mNcK6EyTAkqN3bL8I-6Aa4cnvFJLxUVJsu
    A retconned 4th edition campaign book, yeah CA won't use that.
    So now you're moving the goal posts from "Doesn't have a model" to "Has a model but isn't usable". She has a model and can easily be used. Hell, even if she didn't that's fine. If we got Ghorst and the VC2 Helgar isn't much of a stretch at all.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • BorealBoreal Registered Users Posts: 981

Boreal said:

Boreal said:

It's funny how insignificant characters become suddenly major characters after a female is added.

Saltspite is added > Suddenly lackey characters from a board game are super important.
    Helga not much.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_t_LIbiuVCmxM71mNcK6EyTAkqN3bL8I-6Aa4cnvFJLxUVJsu
    So now you're moving the goal posts from "Doesn't have a model" to "Has a model but isn't usable". She has a model and can easily be used. Hell, even if she didn't that's fine. If we got Ghorst and the VC2 Helgar isn't much of a stretch at all.
    I am not moving the goal posts I simply wasn't aware she had a model.

So I did some more research and she did, but in a long since retconned campaign book that is set before the birth of **** Sigmar.
  • BorealBoreal Registered Users Posts: 981
    edited December 2019

Boreal said:

Boreal said:

Helga not much.
    Ghorst was in an 8th edition supplement.
    VC had an army list and most of the units come from monsterous archenum (so).

I think a lot of you are right, I should have added mechanics to present her in a more attractive way. Im not a PC zealot , I just found a cool Lord and was like “wow a female dwarf, this is so cool I bet CA can do something very interesting with her”.

Then posted on the forums and we have more comments and views than CA post regarding multiplayer fix.

Im sorry if I came out wrong, you too should check how vehement get when someone wants to push a female character over “Rakarthian” level of lords.

Don’t apologise for how other people act.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,698
    Too many personal attacks and comments to clean up. Thread closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.